Building A Mercedese Today

Robots, no injuries, no unemployment, no benefits, no complaints, no wages.
Jobs for robot designers, engineers, maintenance technicians, robot builders, salespersons, packaging employees, financiers, shipping companies, recycling agents, ...and more workers to feed, house, clothe, and provide medical services. Robots do not displace all workers.

Jobs for robot designers, engineers, maintenance technicians, robot builders, salespersons, packaging employees, financiers, shipping companies, recycling agents, ...and more workers to feed, house, clothe, and provide medical services. Robots do not displace all workers.
You are correct, robots do not displace all employees, but how many employees do you think THOSE robots displaced? When humans become a larger draw on the bottom line than machinery does, the humans will be replaced.

You are correct, robots do not displace all employees, but how many employees do you think THOSE robots displaced? When humans become a larger draw on the bottom line than machinery does, the humans will be replaced.
I have no way of calculating a firm guess on that. Just a wild guess. The video represents only one line of Mercedes cars. I'm relatively sure they can alter the robots and the fixtures they handle to make other models, but that requires tool makers, fixture assemblers, supervisors and a lot more engineering, etc.

I'd guess that particular line displaced several hundreds of assembly line workers and parts makers/handlers...on all shifts. (The robots are not subject to shift changes and can function 24/7 if the interior installers, inspectors, testers and drive-off crews can keep up with them.)

I like the hands on approach of the Rolls Royce.

I like that method also, but...

1626835598574.png

I like the hands on approach of the Rolls Royce.

Rolls Royce = BMW Group. Before Donald Trump declared war on Europe, Russia and China and the rest of the world - except North-Korea - the greatest car exporter of the USA. What's going on in the moment I don't know. The last I heard about this business was it that it is ¿nearly or absolute? impossible to sell a German car "made in the USA" in China any longer.

Well said

If robots are the future I want the robots to be made and used in America not china

Oh lord won't you build me a Mercedes Benz.
The porcsh plant is automated , I must make amends.
Workers screwed my profits, so they’re not my friends.
So oh lord won't you build me a Mercedes Benz

Oh lord won't you build me an AI company
Your all might dollar will shine down on me
I pray my deliverance, will part from human sleaze
So oh lord won't you build me an AI company

Oh lord won't you build me production w/out these clowns
I'm counting on you lord, I can’t stand them around
Prove that you love me , just smite and smote them down.
Oh lord won't you build me that automated crown

Oh lord won't you build me a Mercedes Benz.
The porcsh plant is automated , I must make amends.
Workers get the door, no they’re not my friends.
So oh lord won't you build me a Mercedes Benz

w/apologies to Mz Joplin ~S~

Forum List

Back