Southern Baptists are forcing out followers who don’t pledge allegiance to Trump

What do you think your calling is ?? If you are going to do the works in which God may counting on you for, then aren't those works mainly for helping your fellow human beings not to parish, I mean otherwise if they are acceptable patients needing your help ?? You will know each time the time arises.

To hold back your knowledge of such things, I ask is that being selfish if not sharing what you know with other's or are you out to mainly save your own skin if at all possible ?? Yes, some times talking to other's seems uneasy, uncomfortable, and we'll not to crazy about doing, but it that in many cases you won't even know when the time might come about, but when it does, you'll know it everytime it does.

My calling is to listen the world around me, find opportunities to fulfill God's will, and take that responsibility on myself.
I try to find ways to accept people the way they are, as God's Creations, and allow them the opportunity to find God and His Grace.
Although it is not my calling to sin, I recognize when I do sin, and it helps me understand that we are all sinners.

It's not complicated ... God hasn't sent me to save anyone's soul, I am busy enough working on mine.
He also hasn't asked me to start pushing people away from Him.

Of course, I am not suggesting I have knowledge of what God's plan for you is.

Last edited:
Between the Rapture teachings and futurism and their prayer meetings to pray for the conversion of the Jews, they have pretty much rewriitten scripture.
So has anyone that says gay sex is a sin, but eating shellfish isn't. To someone with any amount of perspective, there isn't much difference between them and any other christian in this regard. They are all cafeteria christians retrofitting their personal fetishes and biases to iron age mythology.

The big one is the scripture about how marrying someone who has been divorced is committing adultery.

It's OK to elect a serial adulterer to be president but it's not OK to treat everyone equally.
You are unlearned, as the scripture also says..... Matthew 19:9 (ESV) And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.

It goes both ways as well.

What do you think your calling is ?? If you are going to do the works in which God may counting on you for, then aren't those works mainly for helping your fellow human beings not to parish, I mean otherwise if they are acceptable patients needing your help ?? You will know each time the time arises.

To hold back your knowledge of such things, I ask is that being selfish if not sharing what you know with other's or are you out to mainly save your own skin if at all possible ?? Yes, some times talking to other's seems uneasy, uncomfortable, and we'll not to crazy about doing, but it that in many cases you won't even know when the time might come about, but when it does, you'll know it everytime it does.

My calling is to listen the world around me, find opportunities to fulfill God's will, and take that responsibility on myself.
I try to find ways to accept people the way they are, as God's Creations, and allow them the opportunity to find God and His Grace.
Although it is not my calling to sin, I recognize when I do sin, and it helps me understand that we are all sinners.

It's not complicated ... God hasn't sent me to save anyone's soul, I am busy enough working on mine.
He also hasn't asked me to start pushing people away from Him.

Of course, I am not suggesting I have knowledge of what God's plan for you is.

Good enough, and it is my hopes that you will do well in life, and that God has mercy upon us all through Christ Jesus amen.

Good enough, and it is my hopes that you will do well in life, and that God has mercy upon us all through Christ Jesus amen.

Thanks for trying to understand, and the well-wishes.

If anyone follows His plans for them, the Blessings will flow, and they can certainly find peace in His Grace.
I was in piss poor need in regards to all of that, when I found Him.

Good Luck In Your Endeavors.

What a ridiculous paranoid comment. No one is plotting against.any religion.
like the man said, it aint paranoia if they really are out to get you.

And the godless left is a sworn enemy of religion

Just who is this "godless left" that is a "sworn enemy of religion"?

I haven't heard of any house of worship being shut down for political reasons, and there are thousands of them here in the U.S. of every religion the planet.This isn't China. Sadly, there have been attacks on them by various nutjobs, and some have been fatal.

How has your group been targeted? You are paranoid.

Between the Rapture teachings and futurism and their prayer meetings to pray for the conversion of the Jews, they have pretty much rewriitten scripture.
So has anyone that says gay sex is a sin, but eating shellfish isn't. To someone with any amount of perspective, there isn't much difference between them and any other christian in this regard. They are all cafeteria christians retrofitting their personal fetishes and biases to iron age mythology.

The big one is the scripture about how marrying someone who has been divorced is committing adultery.

It's OK to elect a serial adulterer to be president but it's not OK to treat everyone equally.
You are unlearned, as the scripture also says..... Matthew 19:9 (ESV) And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.

Jesus made it harder

Trump may not be a criminal. But is he moral?

You forgive Trump selectively?

Christian nationalism doesn't support a representative democracy.

I hadn't followed the thread beyond reading the OP awhile back. But I contrasted that with the newer link.

Christian nationalists of the know nothing and 1920s pre WWII America were largely anti-immigration because Immigrants tended to be .... Papists or even Jews. Italy, Ireland and to a lesser extent Spain. The Jews came more from E. Europe. There was another thread at one time about a mis-statement about the Great Awakening, and how America rejected the notion of priest or cleric being a sort of intermediary between people and God(god). And eventually that evolved into the intolerance of the 1920s (and rise of the Klan as mainstream) BUT WHAT HAS THAT GOT TO DO WITH TODAY, I thought?

The second link touches on that. Perhaps interestingly, Franklin Graham may not have an issue with immigration. Perkins does, but he complains that immigrants don't "assimilate." Evangelical Pastor Claims Trump’s Immigration Policies Are Biblical

But he may only be concerned about illegal immigration. Curiously enough, so are legal immigrants from latin/hispanic countries. These people "devoutly" embrace America values of education and work, and also tend to be against abortion and divorce .... and crime and unemployment. But Perkins doesn't appear to touch upon the fact that Trump ended immigration from the South. Maybe he just didn't notice. (-:

For decades Trump has bitched about the declining Whiteness of America. Hence the Obama the Muslim rant. I honestly don't see that in the mainstream SBs. Moore's complaint seems to me to be more about the willingness of SB's to not notice the fact that Trump is an unrepentant whore monger, business cheat, and perhaps Trump's penchant for race baiting. For Moore, overlooking a person's embrace of sin as a lifestyle is less important, perhaps, that a person's pro-choice position if that person embraces other teachings of Christ in interpersonal relations.

This is too much. Can you say Fascis?

Southern Baptists are forcing out followers who don’t pledge allegiance to Trump
The departure of prominent leader Russell Moore shows opposing LGBTQ rights isn't enough. Now, morality means supporting whatever Trump says.
Sunday, May 23, 2021

Dr. Russell D. Moore preaching in October 2011 at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky.Photo: Wikimedia Commons

White evangelicals have always been the core of Donald Trump’s support. Once they got over their unease with his fungible approach to morality, conservative Christians found in Trump the political warrior–or mega-bully–that they have long been seeking. The only thing they disliked about him was that he curses.

After acting like a political party through the Trump presidency, it’s no surprise that evangelicals are now following the GOP’s template of purging their ranks of anyone who does not worship at Trump’s altar. The latest case in point: the departure of Russell Moore from the leadership of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC).

Moore held one of the top positions in evangelical Christianity. As head of the SBC’s Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission, he has been a fervent advocate for the denomination’s right-wing positions. He has been a staunch opponent of LGBTQ rights, especially marriage equality, and has pushed hard for religious liberty exemptions that would gut existing protections.

However, Moore has never been a fan of Donald Trump. Unlike other prominent evangelicals, like Franklin Graham and Tony Perkins, Moore was unwilling to trade his religious beliefs for access to power and Supreme Court appointments.

When Trump was running for president in 2016, Moore accurately described him as “someone who not only characterizes sexual decadence and misogyny, brokers in cruelty and nativism, and displays a crazed public and private temperament — but who glories in these things.”

continued
Christo-fascist bigotry and hate typical of the authoritarian right.

Christo-fascist bigotry and hate typical of the authoritarian right.

I hadn't followed the thread beyond reading the OP awhile back. But I contrasted that with the newer link.

Christian nationalists of the know nothing and 1920s pre WWII America were largely anti-immigration because Immigrants tended to be .... Papists or even Jews. Italy, Ireland and to a lesser extent Spain. The Jews came more from E. Europe. There was another thread at one time about a mis-statement about the Great Awakening, and how America rejected the notion of priest or cleric being a sort of intermediary between people and God(god). And eventually that evolved into the intolerance of the 1920s (and rise of the Klan as mainstream) BUT WHAT HAS THAT GOT TO DO WITH TODAY, I thought?

The second link touches on that. Perhaps interestingly, Franklin Graham may not have an issue with immigration. Perkins does, but he complains that immigrants don't "assimilate." Evangelical Pastor Claims Trump’s Immigration Policies Are Biblical

But he may only be concerned about illegal immigration. Curiously enough, so are legal immigrants from latin/hispanic countries. These people "devoutly" embrace America values of education and work, and also tend to be against abortion and divorce .... and crime and unemployment. But Perkins doesn't appear to touch upon the fact that Trump ended immigration from the South. Maybe he just didn't notice. (-:

For decades Trump has bitched about the declining Whiteness of America. Hence the Obama the Muslim rant. I honestly don't see that in the mainstream SBs. Moore's complaint seems to me to be more about the willingness of SB's to not notice the fact that Trump is an unrepentant whore monger, business cheat, and perhaps Trump's penchant for race baiting. For Moore, overlooking a person's embrace of sin as a lifestyle is less important, perhaps, that a person's pro-choice position if that person embraces other teachings of Christ in interpersonal relations.

The fundamentalists organized in 1924 in reaction to science and modernity. The Scopes monkey trial soon followed. They are still reactionary.

Forum List

Back