Southern Baptists are forcing out followers who don’t pledge allegiance to Trump

'Greed and fallibility' are judgements that you make of other people. You have no right to do so. Nor do you have any knowledge of God's will or nature.

Religious organizations do need an enemy to exist. Your 'judgement' of people's 'greed and fallibility' is the basis for you designating other people as your (and therefore God's) enemy.

Greed is a noun, and Fallible is an adjective.
I didn't assign the condition to anyone, other than the fact it could be anyone.
That's not sitting in judgment of a person, only acknowledging that both conditions can exist.

I know what I am saying ... If you want to argue about it, take it up with God.

You apparently think that you know what you are saying because you believe that you understand God's will and nature. Are you so conceited?

You apparently think that you know what you are saying because you believe that you understand God's will and nature. Are you so conceited?

You seem to have difficulty with the fact you want argue with me about it.
The Glory is His ... Not mine ... No matter what you think.

If you feel compelled to worry about where anyone may fall in the pecking order ... Take it up with Him, not me.

This is too much. Can you say Fascis?

Southern Baptists are forcing out followers who don’t pledge allegiance to Trump
The departure of prominent leader Russell Moore shows opposing LGBTQ rights isn't enough. Now, morality means supporting whatever Trump says.
Sunday, May 23, 2021

Dr. Russell D. Moore preaching in October 2011 at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky.Photo: Wikimedia Commons

White evangelicals have always been the core of Donald Trump’s support. Once they got over their unease with his fungible approach to morality, conservative Christians found in Trump the political warrior–or mega-bully–that they have long been seeking. The only thing they disliked about him was that he curses.

After acting like a political party through the Trump presidency, it’s no surprise that evangelicals are now following the GOP’s template of purging their ranks of anyone who does not worship at Trump’s altar. The latest case in point: the departure of Russell Moore from the leadership of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC).

Moore held one of the top positions in evangelical Christianity. As head of the SBC’s Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission, he has been a fervent advocate for the denomination’s right-wing positions. He has been a staunch opponent of LGBTQ rights, especially marriage equality, and has pushed hard for religious liberty exemptions that would gut existing protections.

However, Moore has never been a fan of Donald Trump. Unlike other prominent evangelicals, like Franklin Graham and Tony Perkins, Moore was unwilling to trade his religious beliefs for access to power and Supreme Court appointments.

When Trump was running for president in 2016, Moore accurately described him as “someone who not only characterizes sexual decadence and misogyny, brokers in cruelty and nativism, and displays a crazed public and private temperament — but who glories in these things.”

continued
The have the freedom to do what they want. Just as men have a right to believe they are women and women believe that they are men. Not real sane but it is their right.

Is the man born blind insane because he believes he can not see?
Is he really blind or not? A man is born a man, a woman is born a woman. You cannot change their sex with hormones or with plastic surgery. You may feel like a woman, man, black, white or whatever however that is not reality and is not scientific.

I clearly said he was born blind. How can that be when the overwhelmingly number of people are born able to see?

The departure of prominent leader Russell Moore shows opposing LGBTQ rights isn't enough. Now, morality means supporting whatever Trump says.
Sunday, May 23, 2021

Dr. Russell D. Moore preaching in October 2011 at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky.Photo: Wikimedia Commons

White evangelicals have always been the core of Donald Trump’s support. Once they got over their unease with his fungible approach to morality, conservative Christians found in Trump the political warrior–or mega-bully–that they have long been seeking. The only thing they disliked about him was that he curses.

After acting like a political party through the Trump presidency, it’s no surprise that evangelicals are now following the GOP’s template of purging their ranks of anyone who does not worship at Trump’s altar. The latest case in point: the departure of Russell Moore from the leadership of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC).

Moore held one of the top positions in evangelical Christianity. As head of the SBC’s Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission, he has been a fervent advocate for the denomination’s right-wing positions. He has been a staunch opponent of LGBTQ rights, especially marriage equality, and has pushed hard for religious liberty exemptions that would gut existing protections.

However, Moore has never been a fan of Donald Trump. Unlike other prominent evangelicals, like Franklin Graham and Tony Perkins, Moore was unwilling to trade his religious beliefs for access to power and Supreme Court appointments.

When Trump was running for president in 2016, Moore accurately described him as “someone who not only characterizes sexual decadence and misogyny, brokers in cruelty and nativism, and displays a crazed public and private temperament — but who glories in these things.”

continued
The have the freedom to do what they want. Just as men have a right to believe they are women and women believe that they are men. Not real sane but it is their right.

Is he really blind or not? A man is born a man, a woman is born a woman. You cannot change their sex with hormones or with plastic surgery. You may feel like a woman, man, black, white or whatever however that is not reality and is not scientific.
Biochemistry and human neurology are a whole lot more complex than you seem to understand.
It is called science, it is not that complex, it seems you have not read up on the subject.

Sunday, May 23, 2021

continued

I clearly said he was born blind. How can that be when the overwhelmingly number of people are born able to see?
There are people born with both male and female organs however it is very rare. You can say you are a male or female, you can take all the pills you need and you can have all the surgery you want and you will always be the sex you were born, it is a personal choice, and I don't care what you want to call yourself. The church has the same right to ask you to follow Trump or leave. It is the same thing, I wouldn't belong to a religion that asks me to agree with Trump, nor would I request a sex change, they are choices that the church and the person have a right to make. That is all I'm saying. You believe what you need to believe.

Sunday, May 23, 2021

continued

There are people born with both male and female organs however it is very rare. You can say you are a male or female, you can take all the pills you need and you can have all the surgery you want and you will always be the sex you were born, it is a personal choice, and I don't care what you want to call yourself. The church has the same right to ask you to follow Trump or leave. It is the same thing, I wouldn't belong to a religion that asks me to agree with Trump, nor would I request a sex change, they are choices that the church and the person have a right to make. That is all I'm saying. You believe what you need to believe.

When I was a student I babysat for a child who has both sex organs. "Charlie" was being transitioned to a male.

Sunday, May 23, 2021

continued

People can believe whatever they want.........

Sunday, May 23, 2021

continued

When I was a student I babysat for a child who has both sex organs. "Charlie" was being transitioned to a male.

Okay, if you say so.

Sunday, May 23, 2021

continued

People can believe whatever they want.........
okay

You seem to have difficulty with the fact you want argue with me about it.
The Glory is His ... Not mine ... No matter what you think.

If you feel compelled to worry about where anyone may fall in the pecking order ... Take it up with Him, not me.

I have no difficulty discussing this with you, except for the fact that your replies are gibberish that have no relation to what I posted.

What pecking order? What did I say that at all implied a pecking order?

If you have nothing relevant to say, please don't post!

Sunday, May 23, 2021

continued

Biochemistry and human neurology are a whole lot more complex than you seem to understand.
It is called science, it is not that complex, it seems you have not read up on the subject.

"It is called science, it is not that complex"

Do you have any idea of how stupid you sound?

I got news for you....science is complex.

How. Is any lifestyle being forced on Southern Baptists? They can do whatever they want as long as they don't interfere with, or cause harm to anybody else.
the left very much wants to harm Christian believers - and not everyone professing to be a Christian is a believer in the resurrection and 2nd coming of Jesus.

The left promotes unholy and immoral lifestyles designed to weaken those of faith

What a ridiculous paranoid comment. No one is plotting against.any religion. The mere existence of people doing things that you don't approve of is not an attack on you. You probably never cross their minds. The strength of your faith is entirely up to you.

Sunday, May 23, 2021

continued

Okay, if you say so.

Yes. The little boy was undergoing a series of corrective surgeries.

Sunday, May 23, 2021

continued

Okay, if you say so.

Ok, not sure why you added that in, it is antidotal. It doesn't change the fact that it is very rare.

Sunday, May 23, 2021

continued

Okay, if you say so.

Ok, not sure why you added that in, it is antidotal. It doesn't change the fact that it is very rare.

I guess. I have never run across it again and that was 60 years ago.

All things in hopes to draw in the sinners, and to give them a structured environment in which to learn and feel comfortable in, and these things also serve as a refuel station in which to give sanctuary to the saved upon the return of each individual every time a person so chooses that he or she needs a refueling of the spirit.

Do you think that an army operates without a command post or forward base in hopes to stay close to the action, and all in hopes to refuel the lines in the case of a battle ??? Ever heard the term that their is strength in the numbers ??

I have no problem with people who gather in Fellowship and Rejoice in His Blessings.
As for any Army ... We all belong to God, as does everything around us ... The Glory is His, as is His Grace.

How you chose to answer the call ... Is between you and God.

What do you think your calling is ?? If you are going to do the works in which God may counting on you for, then aren't those works mainly for helping your fellow human beings not to parish, I mean otherwise if they are acceptable patients needing your help ?? You will know each time the time arises.

To hold back your knowledge of such things, I ask is that being selfish if not sharing what you know with other's or are you out to mainly save your own skin if at all possible ?? Yes, some times talking to other's seems uneasy, uncomfortable, and we'll not to crazy about doing, but it that in many cases you won't even know when the time might come about, but when it does, you'll know it everytime it does.

Between the Rapture teachings and futurism and their prayer meetings to pray for the conversion of the Jews, they have pretty much rewriitten scripture.
So has anyone that says gay sex is a sin, but eating shellfish isn't. To someone with any amount of perspective, there isn't much difference between them and any other christian in this regard. They are all cafeteria christians retrofitting their personal fetishes and biases to iron age mythology.

Between the Rapture teachings and futurism and their prayer meetings to pray for the conversion of the Jews, they have pretty much rewriitten scripture.
So has anyone that says gay sex is a sin, but eating shellfish isn't. To someone with any amount of perspective, there isn't much difference between them and any other christian in this regard. They are all cafeteria christians retrofitting their personal fetishes and biases to iron age mythology.

The big one is the scripture about how marrying someone who has been divorced is committing adultery.

It's OK to elect a serial adulterer to be president but it's not OK to treat everyone equally.

I have no difficulty discussing this with you, except for the fact that your replies are gibberish that have no relation to what I posted.

What pecking order? What did I say that at all implied a pecking order?

If you have nothing relevant to say, please don't post!

At no point did I suggest that you wouldn't continue to suffer your desire to argue with me about how it doesn't jive with your nonsense.

You are also the one who referred to me as Conceited ... Which means excessively proud of oneself; vain ...
And that certainly would not be reflected in my desire to not take credit for anything.

If you care to suggest that what you posted is not relevant ...
I certainly won't argue with your desire to view it that way ...
And will post whatever I want, whenever I want, because I am not asking you.

Forum List

Back