So Are They Saying Southern Baptists Are Grooming Children??

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"The Southern Baptist Convention, or SBC, is the nation's largest Protestant denomination with more than 14 million members. It is the second largest religious institution in the United States, second only to the Roman Catholic Church. On Sunday (May 22) Southern Baptist Convention leaders released the nearly 300-page findings of an independent investigation into the denomination's handling of sexual abuse allegations over the past 20 years.

What the report uncovered was shocking and unsurprising in equal measure for those of us familiar with abuse and cover-up in the Catholic context. To put it succinctly and bluntly, investigators found that Southern Baptist churches have been home to hundreds of sexual abusers since the year 2000, that powerful men in SBC leadership knew full well, that they worked hard to discredit sex abuse survivors, and that they consistently prioritized protecting the reputation of the SBC over the lives of vulnerable people."

Wow, so are they trying to say that there was some deliberate effort/conspiracy to cover up the sexual abuse of children and others by the Southern Baptist Committee?? I wonder who broke this news, Project Veritas, some crack QAnon investigative team, hmm.. sounds pretty widespread....not as widespread as teachers forcing kids to engage in gay sex during class -- but still, pretty bad....hopefully moving forward, these pastors and other church officials will start going to prison instead of being covered up for....

Reminds me of this story from a couple of days ago....

"The Kosciusko County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office confirmed with WPTA an investigation is underway involving a pastor at a church. During a live broadcast Pastor John Lowe can be heard telling the congregation, “I committed adultery. It was nearly 20 years ago.” He went on to say that he “makes no excuse for his sin” and that he wasn’t disciplined and would not “use the Bible to defend himself.” The congregation applauded. A woman and her husband then spoke before the crowd. The woman said she lived in a “prison of lies and shame” for 27 years. At one point someone in the crowd brings up the age of the woman at the time she alleges the pastor started the relationship. Lowe responded, “16 years old, OK.” He then added, “It was wrong.”

Sad part about that video is that it seems the congregation was more upset at the woman who came forward than they were at the pastor.....I thought he was the bad guy in all of this.....I mean, anyone who uses their authority and violates the trust given to them as a pastor or a teacher to prey on a child -- those are bad people, aren't they?? Or is there some expiration date on this...

Your correct as others have posted those types seem to attract to those positions pastor, coach,teacher. The problem with Southern baptist and other baptist denominations is there are no levels of the hierarchy so there is no one to keep a check on what's going on in each congregation.

Your correct as others have posted those types seem to attract to those positions pastor, coach,teacher. The problem with Southern baptist and other baptist denominations is there are no levels of the hierarchy so there is no one to keep a check on what's going on in each congregation.
I believe the so-called hierarchy were the ones complicit in covering it up....

I think the true problem is...when it involves religion, there is more of a collective effort to cover up anything that may reflect badly on the church or religion in general -- not knowing that the cover itself is what is really making the church look bad......

They are not decision-makers they are managers that get voted into their positions they do not control baptist churches the churches control them through voting each congregation is autonomous so those implicated are more employees than the boss.

I believe the so-called hierarchy were the ones complicit in covering it up....

I think the true problem is...when it involves religion, there is more of a collective effort to cover up anything that may reflect badly on the church or religion in general -- not knowing that the cover itself is what is really making the church look bad......
Out them all & bring them to justice. This Southern Baptist problem is not the only one & they have been reported in other conservative alt media sources long before this.
It's disgusting but it's not just organized religion that circles the wagons. All groups, from businesses & unions, to media & Hollywood, to politicians & sports, they all do the same things & it usually blows up in their faces as well.
If the pastor did this 20+ years ago, odds are it has happened again since. Maybe a lot

"The Southern Baptist Convention, or SBC, is the nation's largest Protestant denomination with more than 14 million members. It is the second largest religious institution in the United States, second only to the Roman Catholic Church. On Sunday (May 22) Southern Baptist Convention leaders released the nearly 300-page findings of an independent investigation into the denomination's handling of sexual abuse allegations over the past 20 years.

What the report uncovered was shocking and unsurprising in equal measure for those of us familiar with abuse and cover-up in the Catholic context. To put it succinctly and bluntly, investigators found that Southern Baptist churches have been home to hundreds of sexual abusers since the year 2000, that powerful men in SBC leadership knew full well, that they worked hard to discredit sex abuse survivors, and that they consistently prioritized protecting the reputation of the SBC over the lives of vulnerable people."

Wow, so are they trying to say that there was some deliberate effort/conspiracy to cover up the sexual abuse of children and others by the Southern Baptist Committee?? I wonder who broke this news, Project Veritas, some crack QAnon investigative team, hmm.. sounds pretty widespread....not as widespread as teachers forcing kids to engage in gay sex during class -- but still, pretty bad....hopefully moving forward, these pastors and other church officials will start going to prison instead of being covered up for....

"The Kosciusko County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office confirmed with WPTA an investigation is underway involving a pastor at a church. During a live broadcast Pastor John Lowe can be heard telling the congregation, “I committed adultery. It was nearly 20 years ago.” He went on to say that he “makes no excuse for his sin” and that he wasn’t disciplined and would not “use the Bible to defend himself.” The congregation applauded. A woman and her husband then spoke before the crowd. The woman said she lived in a “prison of lies and shame” for 27 years. At one point someone in the crowd brings up the age of the woman at the time she alleges the pastor started the relationship. Lowe responded, “16 years old, OK.” He then added, “It was wrong.”

Sad part about that video is that it seems the congregation was more upset at the woman who came forward than they were at the pastor.....I thought he was the bad guy in all of this.....I mean, anyone who uses their authority and violates the trust given to them as a pastor or a teacher to prey on a child -- those are bad people, aren't they?? Or is there some expiration date on this...
When the government and the church have combined forces to go against the people, you know that the end is near. Devil is in the details.

When the government and the church have combined forces to go against the people, you know that the end is near. Devil is in the details.
So you must hate how the right-wing political establishment married themselves to the religious right huh?

_misc-goldwater480.jpg

So you must hate how the right-wing political establishment married themselves to the religious right huh?

View attachment 650079
Dude, that ship has sailed a long time ago, when William Jefferson Clinton, first announced that marriage was between a man and a woman. Since then, the faggots have infiltrated all parts of the church (As Lucifer has demanded) and with billions of dollars a year going to these "religious" organizations to harbor illegals and their anchors, it the church and state have become married. You just wont pull your ass out of your head will you.

But you would still vote for LBJ.
Yes, last I checked...he was the guy elected to sign Medicare into law...A Voting Rights and Civil Rights bill into law...

Oh, was I supposed to be against these policies because the president who signed them into law was racist??

Most of the presidents were racist...that is why we advocate for policies, not people...and policies outlive people...

I remember those were policies your Republican nominee, Barry Goldwater was against....

And what do you know....today, in 2022...I see Conservatives pretending to support all 3 of these policies...so either they are full of shit...or lying and really want to get rid of all of those policies...

Only good preacher is a dead one and even then they ain’t good!

Southern Baptist, Mormons, Catholics and so on love abusing women, men and children in the name of their Abraham God…

One thing I believe everyone missed in Biff post is the fact the Preacher Flock was more upset at the woman than him, and that is so telling!

Religion in today and yesterday time has been used as a weapon of abuse and death and let me be clear when a Preacher or any religious figure or any figure in power commits such heinous acts should be hanged from the tallest tree with the shortest rope by their balls…

If it happens to tear the individual balls off then let them bleed out and let their demonic God save them and if a woman bury her to her neck and leave her there until she also perishes from this world…

Am I being harsh and just not being that good fake hypocrite any longer?

Maybe but let do it right and let these freaks know what will happen…

It will never stop it 100% but it will slow it a lot and those found guilty of doing such crimes should forfeit their wealth and their family should be marked for ten generations….

I feel that is fair…

Southern Baptist, Mormons, Catholics and so on love abusing women, men and children in the name of their Abraham God…

One thing I believe everyone missed in Biff post is the fact the Preacher Flock was more upset at the woman than him, and that is so telling!

Religion in today and yesterday time has been used as a weapon of abuse and death and let me be clear when a Preacher or any religious figure or any figure in power commits such heinous acts should be hanged from the tallest tree with the shortest rope by their balls…

If it happens to tear the individual balls off then let them bleed out and let their demonic God save them and if a woman bury her to her neck and leave her there until she also perishes from this world…

It will never stop it 100% but it will slow it a lot and those found guilty of doing such crimes should forfeit their wealth and their family should be marked for ten generations….

I feel that is fair…
They care more for the one behind the pulpit instead of following the man upon the cross. They follow him instead of Christ teachings and the congregation falls away. Members of a congregation who are victimized by church members need to be taught it is okay to go to the police. In saying this false accusations do happen but having the police handle it will weed those out.

They care more for the one behind the pulpit instead of following the man upon the cross. They follow him instead of Christ teachings and the congregation falls away. Members of a congregation who are victimized by church members need to be taught it is okay to go to the police. In saying this false accusations do happen but having the police handle it will weed those out.
That is the problem is the flock will even kill for their preacher to silence anyone that will hurt their spiritual leader…

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we established all religious institutions are groomers like a motherfucker. The Catholic Church. Pretty much any church.

That's why I choose to be Norse Pagan.

Valhalla I am coming.

I feel that is fair…
Jesus please take care of this devil with a user name Peace.

The best run churches are the ones where everyone volunteers to oversee everything. That way no perverts can get into the church disguised as a children's pastor, etc, without parents working alongside.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back