Zone1 Pastor alarmed after Trump-loving congregants deride Jesus' teachings as 'weak'

Jesus’ ideology, like so many other liberal and progressive ideologies , works beautifully in a vacuum. Unfortunately, once you add human nature and fallibility and weakness to the equation, they’re a recipe for disaster.
Because people are subscribing to utter nonsense. And it handicaps their minds.

Is the Sermon on the Mount to liberal now? What do Evangelicals think of Jesus's greatest teaching?

<< HOMEPAGE
Subscribe

Pastor alarmed after Trump-loving congregants deride Jesus' teachings as 'weak'​

Brad Reed
August 9, 2023, 8:53 AM ET

Pastor alarmed after Trump-loving congregants deride Jesus' teachings as 'weak'' teachings as 'weak'

Jesus Christ and Donald Trump (Renata Sedmakova / Shutterstock.com, Gage Skidmore/Flickr)

Evangelical Christian leader Russell Moore revealed this week that many evangelical pastors have become alarmed that their Trump-loving congregants have become so militant that they are even rejecting the teachings of Jesus Christ.

In an interview with NPR, Moore said that multiple pastors had told him disturbing stories about their congregants being upset when they read from the famous "Sermon on the Mount" in which Christ espoused the principles of forgiveness and mercy as central to Christian doctrine.

"Multiple pastors tell me, essentially, the same story about quoting the Sermon on the Mount, parenthetically, in their preaching — 'turn the other cheek' — [and] to have someone come up after to say, 'Where did you get those liberal talking points?'" Moore revealed. "And what was alarming to me is that in most of these scenarios, when the pastor would say, 'I'm literally quoting Jesus Christ,' the response would not be, 'I apologize.' The response would be, 'Yes, but that doesn't work anymore. That's weak.'"
If they reject the teachings of Jesus than they aren't Christians. Even many Jews and Muslims respect Jesus and his teachings, they just don't believe in his divine position obviously as Christians do. I was noticing this shift, especially in Catholics. It really made me question Jesuses role to be honest. We should be working for G_d not expecting him to work for us. It seems if some will ascend Jesus to the status of G_d they may do the same with a human such as Trump.

'turn the other cheek'

This is actually a sign of strength and the courage to commit to Christian dogma.

That conservatives see it as ‘weak’ illustrates their propensity for violence as a means of conflict resolution and their lack of understanding of Christian dogma.
The wisdom of God is knowing when to turn the other cheek and when to pick up the whip and chase the thieves out of the temple.

Apart from God, you get no such wisdom.

Forum List

Back