South Carolina man dies of heart attack while burying body of woman he killed, police say

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
LOL! Now this, is some instant karma for sure!

A South Carolina man died of a heart attack while attempting to bury the body of someone authorities say he killed
Officers from the Edgefield County Sheriff's Office arrived at a home in Trenton on Saturday after receiving reports of an unresponsive man in his yard, Sheriff Jody Rowland and county coroner David Burnett said in a joint statement sent to USA TODAY.
Officers found 60-year-old Joseph Anthony McKinnon dead in his yard. But when investigating McKinnon's death and notifying next of kin, authorities found the body of 65-year-old Patricia Ruth Dent "in a freshly dug pit."
Authorities suspected McKinnon died of natural causes and that Dent's death was due to foul play, the statement said. Autopsies performed Monday confirmedMcKinnon's death was from a cardiac event, while Dent died by strangulation.
"Evidence gathered at the scene, along with statements from witnesses aided investigators to build a timeline, leading us to believe that Mr. McKinnon attacked Ms. Dent while inside their home," the statement reads.

Authorities concluded after McKinnon strangled Dent, he bound and wrapped her in trash bags before putting her into a pit he had already dug. While McKinnon was filling the grave, he had the cardiac event, causing his death, authorities said.

1652314122730.png

The nut cases in S.C. try to bury their victims in the yard. That might be their mistake if they have a heart condition, They just leave them in a vacant lot in Chicago.

Edgefield is in South Carolina.

Yes, I am very well aware of this. In fact, I say as much in post #4.

My point was, a man dying while burying his murder victim is the type of odd story you would expect to come out of Florida, the home of strange, bizarre, and odd happenings.

Yes, I am very well aware of this. In fact, I say as much in post #4.

My point was, a man dying while burying his murder victim is the type of odd story you would expect to come out of Florida, the home of strange, bizarre, and odd happenings.
I live in Florida now, but I lived in Beaufort for 8 years and in Columbia several more----I've lived in a lot of states.

Let me tell ya........

SC has plenty of their own strange shit and always has that you just don't see in other states. Florida is much heavier populated---we got alot of foreigners and New Yorkers and others with drug issues that do do strange things---we got a "biker's bar" that I like to go to----they serve alligator meat and they play live music such as "Brandy, you are fine girl". Now that is weird.

But SC, its the locals that have been there for generations that really do the strange stuff--- such as painting their houses constantly so the ghosts can't find them that I remember fondly.

Not bashing SC, my daughter and my grandson were both born there---but seriously, I always thought that the state was more "unique" than Florida.

I live in Florida now, but I lived in Beaufort for 8 years and in Columbia several more----I've lived in a lot of states.

Let me tell ya........

SC has plenty of their own strange shit and always has that you just don't see in other states. Florida is much heavier populated---we got alot of foreigners and New Yorkers and others with drug issues that do do strange things---we got a "biker's bar" that I like to go to----they serve alligator meat and they play live music such as "Brandy, you are fine girl". Now that is weird.

But SC, its the locals that have been there for generations that really do the strange stuff--- such as painting their houses constantly so the ghosts can't find them that I remember fondly.

Not bashing SC, my daughter and my grandson were both born there---but seriously, I always thought that the state was more "unique" than Florida.

I love Beaufort SC. My favorite uncle was head of the base there.i used to go for spring break and some of my classmates lived there. I also liked the Ashepoo river and the plantation there around Yemassee.

I love Beaufort SC. My favorite uncle was head of the base there.i used to go for spring break and some of my classmates lived there. I also liked the Ashepoo river and the plantation there around Yemassee.
My husband was a Marine at the MCAS Beaufort, my daughter was born at the Naval Hospital Port Royal/Beaufort and we used always be on Parris Island for the Groceries. I know the area well.....Plantations and the Old old Oak Trees with Spanish Moss were always gorgeous. Lots of history there.

My husband was a Marine at the MCAS Beaufort, my daughter was born at the Naval Hospital Port Royal/Beaufort and we used always be on Parris Island for the Groceries. I know the area well.....Plantations and the Old old Oak Trees with Spanish Moss were always gorgeous. Lots of history there.

Marine air station. My uncle was Marine Air Corp 1960s and in the 1970s.

Forum List

Back