Soros, Ford shovel $196 million to 'net neutrality' groups, staff to White House

No matter how wrongly evil you imagine net neutrality to be, what Comcast and the other providers are wanting to do is worse. Please educate yourself on this issue from a more neutral source than some cable company bought and paid for bullshit. It's they that want to turn the internet into something other than it already is, it is they who are seeking to make it more expensive and it is they who want to treat different websites differently.
Because government control isn't for sale to the highest bidder right? You fucking moron.
Tell me how making cable companies treat every website as equal is government control? Also tell me how letting the cable company pick and choose what their customers can access and at what speed is supposed to be better than what we have now?

Because not every website deserves the same access......if fewer people go to certain websites it isn't up to the government to keep them going.......and you can bet that content control is on the rules list...

Also tell me how letting the cable company pick and choose what their customers can access and at what speed is supposed to be better than what we have now?

You understand that this is exactly what is going to happen.....cable companies that pay the right politicians are going to be able to lord over their customers...right now you have more freedom......tomorrow...after that vote and the new rules.....you are going to have less freedom on the internet......They like the China model....do you?

So you compare us with a repressive country? Try again.

I put the internet on the same footing with forests. Left unchecked, Corporations came in and stripped entire mountains of every tree, tore up the grass with heavy equipment (in those days, it was steam) and them moved on when it was stripped. A Mountain, with no help at that point, will never recover by itself. If you think that it didn't happen in the US you would be wrong. Teddy R started the conservation including making the new National Parks. Like today, Corporation only go for the short termed bottom line of Money.

The Internet was headed the same way where Corporations with huge pockets could pay for everyone in the same business as they are to not have access. For instance, if it's a cable company with the largest cut of the internet pie that decides to sell access to the highest bidder then those that can't pay won't be able to have adequate speed on their competing sites.

Largely, the Internet has been self ruling. But self ruling only works when all parties play fair. When you have the largest pie owner decide to play unfair then self ruling no longer works. Some from of regulation MUST take place at that point. And saying that all will play fair is still regulation if the only group that can do it makes that rule. I prefer that all parties play fair and if it takes a law to make all parties play fair because they aren't then bring on the law.

ok, would that law be call Obamanet? you know that wonderful bill called, ObamaCare. they HAD TO PASS in order to see what was in it. and took BILLIONS of dollars to set up and they couldn't even get a website to work. You know give it over to all them brilliants who make up those laws.
can you run your own life?

I see. If you can't thing of anything else bring in the "I Hate Obama" thing. We already know you hate Obama and that has exactly nothing to do with all parties playing fair.

[

I see. If you can't thing of anything else bring in the "I Hate Obama" thing. We already know you hate Obama and that has exactly nothing to do with all parties playing fair.

Everybody should hate Obama. He is the most corrupt and incompetent President this country ever had. He deserves the ridicule, especially when he does anti freedom things like to get government control of the Internet. They is something we would expect from an authoritative country like China. Obama doesn't have any appreciation of freedom.

Because government control isn't for sale to the highest bidder right? You fucking moron.
Tell me how making cable companies treat every website as equal is government control? Also tell me how letting the cable company pick and choose what their customers can access and at what speed is supposed to be better than what we have now?
You seriously did not just fucking post that shit. How is the government making cable companies treat all websites the same not government control? You are actually confused by this?

As for the second part yes, cable companies get to pick and choose what they have available and at what speeds. The consumer in turn gets to choose another carrier that does more for their needs. That's how capitalism works. Once you have net neutrality the government will decide your speed and content and you will have no other choices.
Bullshit most of the country has no real choice in carriers and must take what monopoly happens to control their area. As to enforcing neutrality, compare it to the web version of equal rights, I know conservatives generally hate equal rights so I guess it comes naturally to want to create an internet caste system where the small fry cannot possibly become an Amazon or Ebay.

I know conservatives generally hate equal rights

Republicans/conservatives freed the slaves, and fought jim crow, and helped women get the right to vote........yeah we know about equal rights........and giving the state control over the internet will not be anything about equal rights.......

Back in those days, Republicans were Progressives and Democrats were Conservatives. Corporations were largely Democrat until about 1935 where the parties started to change poles with each other due to FDR being forced to make jobs and feed America. By about 1965, the exodus of Corporations from the Dems to the Reps was pretty much complete. The GOP was no longer Anti Slavery but they were Pro Corporations.

When you allow a Monopoly to pick and choose who they want to use their system, whom to reward and whom to penilize, you end up with what you are saying is okay for a single one. The problem is, the "Last Mile" on both ends are owned solely by monopolies. Cable Companies own the last mile on their system while one of the Baby Bells will own the last mile for the phone lines like DSL. Either one of these monopolies can decide that they want to give preferential treatment for one group while either slowing or denying service to another all depending on their pocket books. I am sure that a deep pocket corporation would form so that we all have to pay them to get equal treatment above and beyond the cost we are already paying.

My little video site should not be penalized because my name isn't Youtube. There is enough penalties already by Youtube to everyone else including Copyright holders.

No.....democrats were conserving slavery....Republicans were conserving the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.....and the myth of democrats and republicans switching sides....that is the greatest political magic trick in history....the democrats own slaves and get to blame the republicans for racism.............what a magic trick.....

Last edited:
Blaaaaarggggggghhhh...

There is so much bloviation on both sides of this issue.

Here's the thing. I don't know if you guys know this, but the internet has had a "net neutrality" rule in effect for something like the past 15 years. Net neutrality is not some new beast, and the world didn't end with it.

However, an appeals court struck down the last net neutrality rule, stating the FCC did not have the authority to make such a rule. The FCC makes a net neutrality rule, someone (Verizon) challenges it, the courts strike the rule down. Rinse, repeat.

So now the FCC is classifying the internet as a utility, and this will give it the authority it needs to make net neutrality rules.

However, as a regulator of a utility, this also gives the FCC a whole new range of regulatory powers over the internet far in excess of just ruling on net neutrality. This reclassification means they can now set prices, for example.

This is extreme overkill. A huge government power expansion. And the government never fails to exercise the powers it gives itself. With these new powers it has given itself over the internet, the FCC is not going to stop at net neutrality.

And now big money is going to be capturing that regulatory power.

Forum List

Back