"Something weird is going on". Antarctic sea ice declines to freeze

your OP's all suck, your links suck, your comments and quotes from the links do not exist,

View attachment 811249

Something weird IS going on. I see no difference in the text in these links. Try this one.

Wait, Ahhh, the period.

Now it works. Thanks for your help sweetheart.

Last edited:
So, let's have a look at the WUWT article to which you linked.

And, of course, on the basis of this article, thrown up against the Guardian article to which I linked in the OP, Elektra accuses me of lying. Interestingly, as you will see, Elektra had not read the Guardian article when he accused me of lying by linking to it.

An interesting and rather sad point is that no one seems to have noticed that my Guardian link in the OP was incomplete and did not work. Here is a working link to the Guardian article from the OP

This article is several times the size of the WUWT whine and contains other graphics like this one.
Article? It is hard to have a discussion with someone who lacks common sense and sees this as a google card game, where one link trumps the next, winning the hand.

My quote does not come out of the article, idiot! Had you read my quote and the article you would of realized that. Crick is to be busy trying to discredit everything that upsets crick's fragile opinion.

What is notable, is there was no records of temperature before 1958. Very little is known about the Antarctica.
What is great about wattsupwiththat is the comments by researchers, scientists, and engineers.

I quoted a comment inspired by the article that includes two fascinating links.

1691160477947.png

And yes, crick, again your opinion based on google, is wrong. wattsupwiththat.com certainly spells it out clearly. Crick, you need to read the quote I provided, and understand that the quote did not come from the article.

Articles are presented on wattsupwiththat.com where a variety of experts and or regular people comment with great links to science. That is the intelligence of wattsupwiththat.com
Over recent decades Antarctic sea-ice extent has increased, alongside widespread ice shelf thinning and freshening of waters along the Antarctic margin. In contrast, Earth system models generally simulate a decrease in sea ice. Circulation of water masses beneath large-cavity ice shelves is not included in current Earth System models and may be a driver of this phenomena.

Last edited:
Something weird IS going on. I see no difference in the text in these links. Try this one.
Wait, Ahhh, the period.
Now it works. Thanks for your help sweetheart.

Nice scientific article, I quoted the article below, so people could see the important points. What a bunch of scientific morons.
“It is very much outside our understanding of this system.”
Scientists are still debating why.
“It’s quite remarkable and there are moments we look and say: wow, this is strange.”
“There’s a sense that something weird is going on. It’s dropping way below anything we have seen in our record,”
But in 2016, something flipped.
A big part of the challenge in understanding Antarctica’s sea ice is its location.
Unpicking all those influences and interactions to uncover any climate change influence is tricky
Meier says it is hard to know if the changes are natural or human caused – or a mix of both –
says many climate scientists who were “not necessarily sea ice folk” suspect the drops since 2016
But there was a lack of concrete evidence to support that view
Overall, the feeling is something big is happening this year
“Whether this is anthropogenically driven, and if so, what the driver may be, is still up for debate.”
The waters all around Antarctica are oddly topsy-turvy
This could be linked to natural weather patterns,
what’s not explainable is that the warm layer has been getting “considerably warmer” since the 1960s.
“I think everyone’s asking what’s happening right now. It’s unbelievable.
there was a desperate need for more research and funding to help them to provide answers.
As a scientist I’m worried that I can’t find the answers, or that we might have missed something
If – and it’s a big if

Nice scientific article, I quoted the article below, so people could see the important points. What a bunch of scientific morons.
The Guardian article is not based on a study. I have no problem with any of those comments and the people they are quoting knew more science when they graduated high school than you do now. But then, anyone who has graduated high school knows more science that you do.

Last edited:
Article? It is hard to have a discussion with someone who lacks common sense and sees this as a google card game, where one link trumps the next, winning the hand.
Why did you put a link to an article in WUWT if you don't want to make any use of it?
My quote does not come out of the article, idiot! Had you read my quote and the article you would of realized that.
So, you accuse me of lying, then attach a link to a WUWT article, then add some text in italics.
You have called me a liar, in particular a "filthy liar" on numerous occasions now, yet not ONCE have you ever actually identified any lie you believe I have told.
You posted a link to a WUWT article immediately after your accusation yet now, after I have pointed out that the article isn't worth its weight in used TP, you abandon it and claim that I should have found the unnamed source for the quote you posted WITHOUT QUOTATION MARKINGS AND WITHOUT IDENTIFYING ITS SOURCE in the comments to the WUWT article and then visited the two links within that comment. Get fucking real.
Crick is to be busy trying to discredit everything that upsets crick's fragile opinion.
The point of this entire forum is to address the on-topic content of each others posts. Why don't you tell management that they've got that all wrong and need to start doing things your way.
What is notable, is there was no records of temperature before 1958. Very little is known about the Antarctica.
You left out a critical adjective. There are no CONTINUOUS temperature records from Antarctica prior to 1958. At least so says someone making a comment to a WUWT article.
What is great about wattsupwiththat is the comments by researchers, scientists, and engineers.
The author of the article to which you linked - Paul Homewood - is a retired accountant who has no climate science education or experience whatsoever.
I quoted a comment inspired by the article that includes two fascinating links.
But you not only failed to properly identify its source, you failed to even identify it as a quotation.
View attachment 811251
And yes, crick, again your opinion based on google, is wrong.
Good fucking god you are stupid. The only information I get from Google is the URLs of pertinent sites. And I have had WUWT come up many times in Google. So I guess you're getting your info the same way I am but for some reason you think we're getting different results.
wattsupwiththat.com certainly spells it out clearly.
Did you find your Paul Homewood article clearly spelling out ANYTHING?
Crick, you need to read the quote I provided, and understand that the quote did not come from the article.
Then why was the article link there, why wasn't the quote in quotation marks and why wasn't its actual source identified? You've got some fucking nerve to get on my case when, among a dozen other topics, you seem to have failed English Composition 101.
Articles are presented on wattsupwiththat.com where a variety of experts and or regular people comment with great links to science. That is the intelligence of wattsupwiththat.com
Bullshit. You will find no articles by anyone who accepts the conclusions of the IPCC. That rules out a very large portion of the available sources they might use. You will find no articles by anyone who believes that the IPCC, NOAA, NASA, BEST, Hadley or the JMA properly handle UHIs. Very, VERY few active researchers write anything for WUWT. Their most prolific author is a fucking massage therapist.
A day late and a dollar short. And if you think this article refutes scientist's concern at the loss of Antarctic sea ice for the last two years, you need to ask someone that graduated high school to explain it to you.

Last edited:
Why did you put a link to an article in WUWT if you don't want to make any use of it?

So, you accuse me of lying, then attach a link to a WUWT article, then add some text in italics.
You have called me a liar, in particular a "filthy liar" on numerous occasions now, yet not ONCE have you ever actually identified any lie you believe I have told.
You posted a link to a WUWT article immediately after your accusation yet now, after I have pointed out that the article isn't worth its weight in used TP, you abandon it and claim that I should have found the unnamed source for the quote you posted
You are so full of shit in so many ways. First you fucking lie every time you spew anything on these message boards. Maybe you dont believe you are a liar because it is obvious you have no intelligence hence you can not comprehend what people post. I suspect you dont read anything other than a headline you agree with.

I did not abandon my article, so there you go fucking lying again. Or you are so fucking stupid you have no idea the relevance of what is before you.

You keep calling the Wattsupwiththat website as toilet paper? Yet the articles and sources, are articles from the Wind, Solar, and AGW advocates! Some of the sources, end up being the IPCC.

That is why you are such a dunce, you have called your own sources bullshit, by dismissing the same articles if posted on the wattsupwiththat website.

you are truly a loser, beyond anyone else on the message boards, you are the dumbest, most full of shit, user.

The author of the article to which you linked - Paul Homewood - is a retired accountant who has no climate science education or experience whatsoever.

Did you find your Paul Homewood article clearly spelling out ANYTHING?
Paul Homewood, who since retiring, has studied climate through the use of the internet. Paul Homewood links and quotes and offers his opinion on other articles related to what he is learning about. Climate.

Crick, who is retired, has studied climate through the use of the internet? Crick links, without quoting, but offering opinon on articles.

Crick, by your own words, you must step down from your posting, for you obviously know less than Paul Homewood, who's profession, that of studying numbers, data, math, if much better than Cricks.

Crick, you have no climate science education or experience whatsoever.

Does anyone find Crick clearly spelling anything out?

Such a very short article with a couple of conclusions. We have so little data, so little history of the weather and climate of the antarctic that it is impossible to draw conclusions about the future.

Large variations from year to year often occur, and they are usually the result of wind patterns, which either blow away from the continent, thus pushing ice outwards, or towards it.

We only started collecting data in 1979, so the idea that any of this is unprecedented or concerning is nonsense. In fact, the claims of a six-sigma event are fraudulent; you would need thousands of years of data to calculate the statistical significance of this event.

Crick, we must dismiss your OP, as you point out you are not a climate scientist. You are unqualified, based on your dismissal of the author of an article on Wattsupwiththat.com

And meanwhile a skeptic like me can freak about the other Pole. It is good fun, (unless you adopt policies which cause starvation.)
I greatly appreciated the new blue “trend line” showing an opposite trend from 2010, compared to the red “trend line”. But why stop there? You can actually draw a blue “trend line” back to 2005, and it still shows sea-ice increasing.

Such cherry picking is great fun, (unless you adopt policies which cause the elderly to shiver in the winter.)

We can stop emitting the CO2 that is causing it to melt.
yes, we must stop building wind turbines and solar panels, there is no sense in spending $100-$200 trillion on manufacturing inefficient wind turbines and solar panels.

The largest source of CO2 is now the Renewables Heavy Industry.

Those micro plastics are present because they're insoluble. What chemical characteristics were you thinking of?
micro plastics have nothing to do with the OP

Quit replying to comments that do not contribute to the OP. That is your criticism of others, follow it yourself, hypocrite.

micro plastics have nothing to do with the OP

Quit replying to comments that do not contribute to the OP. That is your criticism of others, follow it yourself, hypocrite.
You probably ought to have read the thread. The suggestion was made that micro plastics were altering the freezing point of sea water. So do fuck off you ignorant fool.

Forum List

Back