"Something weird is going on". Antarctic sea ice declines to freeze

Crick

Gold Member
May 10, 2014
N/A
Two years in a row with record low minimum ice extents have now been followed by a winter in which sea ice has not returned as it should. Historically, there should be 16.4 million square kilometers of ice there right now. The actual extent is 14.1 million. Scientists are fearful they are looking at a collapse of Antarctica's sea ice which will lead to a dramatic acceleration of the ice sheets glacial flow into the sea and could very possibly lead to the catastrophic collapse of the isostatic WAIS. We would be able to see sea level rise on a photograph of the Statue of Liberty.

1690600620592.png

Last edited:
Funny, we cannot see one single example of a landmark sinking since your side cannot even photoshop one without getting busted.

So it is sea ice. homO put up a dubious satellite over Antarctica. Billed US taxpayers a lot. There was noise it was to show "melting" that isn't.

And Co2 isn't warming the atmosphere, but now it is warming deep underwater currents and water deep under Antarctic ice...

LOL!!!!

The IDIOCY of the FRAUD

Two years in a row with record low minimum ice extents have now been followed by a winter in which sea ice has not returned as it should. Historically, there should be 16.4 million square kilometers of ice there right now. The actual extent is 14.1 million. Scientists are fearful they are looking at a collapse of Antarctica's sea ice which will lead to a dramatic acceleration of the ice sheets glacial flow into the sea and could very possibly lead to the catastrophic collapse of the isostatic WAIS. We would be able to see sea level rise on a photograph of the Statue of Liberty.

View attachment 808988

Al Gore does not figure into the trend in Antarctic sea ice discussed in the OP. I'm guessing you have no actual data with which to argue but please feel free to prove me wrong.
I guess you are one of those flat-Earthers that believes that everything that happens on this planet is due to man's influence.
Climate Change is a constant. Always has been.

F2J8r6LW0AA-UgC.jpg

Last edited:
I guess you are one of those flat-Earthers that believes that everything that happens on this planet is due to man's influence.
A flat-earther would be someone who rejects mainstream science. My position originates with mainstream science.
Climate Change is a constant. Always has been.
Of what relevance do you think that to be? AGW does not say that the climate does not change or that it will not change without human influence.

A flat-earther would be someone who rejects mainstream science. My position originates with mainstream science.

Of what relevance do you think that to be? AGW does not say that the climate does not change or that it will not change without human influence.
No...your position is a consensus not based on scientific fact. Nothing more. It isn't even a valid theory.

Last edited:
No...your position is a consensus not based on scientific fact. Nothing more. It isn't even a valid theory.
You're either stupid or a liar.

You're either stupid or a liar.

I'm neither.
It's clear that most of the people who support this fraud aren't living their lives the way they want us to live.
Explain why so many Democrats who claim that the seas are going to rise because of melting icecaps are buying expensive beachfront properties?
Why is it that the worst polluter on the planet (China) is never fully involved in any accord because they're considered a 3rd world country that refuses to follow the same rules that they're imposing on the Western World?
Answer:
They know that cutting CO2 emissions isn't going to change the climate enough to make any difference.
Matter of fact, CO2 is essential for life on Earth.
Greenhouses sometimes have to install CO2 emitters to increase food production.
Climate Change restrictions are designed to hamper economies. The CCP isn't about to hamper their own economy.

Did you know that one of the top greenhouse gases is water vapor?

Personally I think Climate Change is a cult that it's followers gobble up like sheep.

Last edited:
It's too late to fix now anyways.
Agreed.
Maybe 15 years ago we could've
Definitely if we'd taken Carter's warnings seriously in the 70s

But now it seems any effort is just slowing the inevitable.

With ocean temps approaching deadly we will kill 80% of the human food supply.
Next cannibalism...
Then...extinction.

OP, as I understand your post you are saying the sky is falling. Is that correct?
No. I am saying that recent studies have found that Antarctic sea ice is not recovering from its summer melt. As I understand your post, you are saying that any report of anything wrong in the world may be dismissed out of hand.

I'm neither.
[Stupid or a liar]. Then how can you conclude that the published position of the vast majority of scientists "is a consensus not based on scientific fact".

Why do you think AGW is " isn't even a valid theory."?
It's clear that most of the people who support this fraud aren't living their lives the way they want us to live.
You have not established any fraud, you have no idea who "most of the people who support" it are or how they are living their lives. I presume you're actually talking about three or four celebrities. Billions of people on this planet are seriously concerned about AGW and think we all need to change our ways to deal with it.
Explain why so many Democrats who claim that the seas are going to rise because of melting icecaps are buying expensive beachfront properties?
The seas ARE rising. But how many democrats are buying expensive beachfront property? I can absolutely guarantee you that far, far more are buying property that is not on the ocean. It's almost funny. Deniers constantly attack the value of the AGW consensus among climate scientists yet many deniers think as you do: that instead we should judge this based on the home buying habits of a very small group of lay people
Why is it that the worst polluter on the planet (China) is never fully involved in any accord
China was not a signatory to the Kyoto protocol (and neither was the US) but did sign the Doha Amendment and the Paris Accords. China did not dictate her status per the differentiation protocols that were developed by all nations.
because they're considered a 3rd world country that refuses to follow the same rules that they're imposing on the Western World?
That is a gross oversimplification and China did not impose any rules on the Western World.
Answer:
They know that cutting CO2 emissions isn't going to change the climate enough to make any difference.
Did Xi Jinping tell you that himself? Gotta link?
Matter of fact, CO2 is essential for life on Earth.
It's not essential for YOUR life.
Greenhouses sometimes have to install CO2 emitters to increase food production.
Some add CO2 to increase productivity but no one HAS to install such things.
Climate Change restrictions are designed to hamper economies. The CCP isn't about to hamper their own economy.
Climate change restrictions are designed to reduce CO2 emissions. China signed Doha and Paris and put deadlined requirements on themselves to establish a plan to reduce emissions
Did you know that one of the top greenhouse gases is water vapor?
Did you know there is virtually no water vapor in the stratosphere and that as a precipitable component, it's level in the atmosphere cannot be altered by adding or removing it? Water vapor levels are dependent on the Earth's temperature, not vice versa.
Personally I think Climate Change is a cult that it's followers gobble up like sheep.
I think you're both stupid and a liar.

[Stupid or a liar]. Then how can you conclude that the published position of the vast majority of scientists "is a consensus not based on scientific fact".

Why do you think AGW is " isn't even a valid theory."?

You have not established any fraud, you have no idea who "most of the people who support" it are or how they are living their lives. I presume you're actually talking about three or four celebrities. Billions of people on this planet are seriously concerned about AGW and think we all need to change our ways to deal with it.

The seas ARE rising. But how many democrats are buying expensive beachfront property? I can absolutely guarantee you that far, far more are buying property that is not on the ocean. It's almost funny. Deniers constantly attack the value of the AGW consensus among climate scientists yet many deniers think as you do: that instead we should judge this based on the home buying habits of a very small group of lay people

China was not a signatory to the Kyoto protocol (and neither was the US) but did sign the Doha Amendment and the Paris Accords. China did not dictate her status per the differentiation protocols that were developed by all nations.

That is a gross oversimplification and China did not impose any rules on the Western World.

Did Xi Jinping tell you that himself? Gotta link?

It's not essential for YOUR life.

Some add CO2 to increase productivity but no one HAS to install such things.

Climate change restrictions are designed to reduce CO2 emissions. China signed Doha and Paris and put deadlined requirements on themselves to establish a plan to reduce emissions

Did you know there is virtually no water vapor in the stratosphere and that as a precipitable component, it's level in the atmosphere cannot be altered by adding or removing it? Water vapor levels are dependent on the Earth's temperature, not vice versa.

I think you're both stupid and a liar.
Science isn't based on popularity.

The UN got these faceless scientists together and claimed that they believe in man-made climate change while ignoring other factors.

It's like claiming the Earth is flat because all you can see is flat Earth from where you're standing.

Go into orbit and you discover that the Earth is round just like the Sun and the Moon, but you're ignoring that because it doesn't fit your agenda.

The only stupid liar I see is YOU.

Science isn't based on popularity.
It is based on good science as judged by scientists. That is what the presence or absence of a strong consensus tells us.
The UN got these faceless scientists together and claimed that they believe in man-made climate change while ignoring other factors.
What the fuck are you talking about? Faceless scientists? Would you like to see some faces? This is paranoid fantasy again.
It's like claiming the Earth is flat because all you can see is flat Earth from where you're standing.
There are a number of scenarios in which the Earth's curvature can be seen with the unaided human eye. That was one of the reasons people began to think that was the case. But I wasn't attempting to discuss the point. I was making an analogy between your position on this issue and the people stupid enough to believe the Earth is flat.
Go into orbit and you discover that the Earth is round just like the Sun and the Moon, but you're ignoring that because it doesn't fit your agenda.

The only stupid liar I see is YOU.
I'm not the one rejecting mainstream science without cause and despite mountains of evidence and lying to do so.

A few questions you missed.

1) Why do you think AGW isn't a valid theory?

2) What proportion of US Democrats do you believe are buying expensive oceanfront property?

3) Did you know that there is virtually no water vapor in the stratosphere (and why that's important)?

4) Did you know that water vapor is the only precipitable component of the atmosphere (and why that's important)?

View attachment 808988

Micro plastics in the water perhaps chaning the chemical characteristics of the ocean masses? Just throwing it out there.

JO

1) Why do you think AGW isn't a valid theory?

2) What proportion of US Democrats do you believe are buying expensive oceanfront property?

3) Did you know that there is virtually no water vapor in the stratosphere (and why that's important)?

4) Did you know that water vapor is the only precipitable component of the atmosphere (and why that's important)?
  1. Because it totally ignores evidence that proves that other factors are causing changes in our climate, and that man has little or no effect on climate change, unless he was trying to effect it on purpose. Like burning all vegetation in a large area, the Brazilian Rain Forrest for example.
  2. Every one of them that can afford it. Obama, Biden, Bernie Sanders, take your pick.....all of them are buying beachfront properties.
  3. Yes. When the temperature reaches below freezing you're not going to have any water vapor. It turns to solid.
  4. Water vapor turns to rain, and treehuggers ignore the fact that water vapor is a large portion of the greenhouse gases on Earth. Without it we'd be like Mars.

The greenhouse gases in the dry air in Earth’s atmosphere include carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, ozone, and chlorofluorocarbons. While making up around 0.05% of Earth’s total atmosphere, they play major roles in trapping Earth’s radiant heat from the Sun and keeping it from escaping into space.
There's condensable and non-condensible gases. This is something I learned as an HVAC tech. You can destroy an Air-conditioning system by letting water vapor into the controlled system anywhere between the evaporator and the condenser.

Forum List

Back