"Something weird is going on". Antarctic sea ice declines to freeze

Sorry, but that doesn't explain jack shit. I give you a page and a half of science, of links to science, of data from science and you give me a grade schooler's epithet. Does that make you feel like you did a good job here?
Get some BALANCE, old Bean. It's elementary my Dear Watson!!!

Greg

Two years in a row with record low minimum ice extents have now been followed by a winter in which sea ice has not returned as it should. Historically, there should be 16.4 million square kilometers of ice there right now. The actual extent is 14.1 million. Scientists are fearful they are looking at a collapse of Antarctica's sea ice which will lead to a dramatic acceleration of the ice sheets glacial flow into the sea and could very possibly lead to the catastrophic collapse of the isostatic WAIS. We would be able to see sea level rise on a photograph of the Statue of Liberty.

View attachment 808988
The north pole will be ice free long before the south pole will be ice free. This is just a natural variation.

Also:

Greg
Anthony Watts isn't worth shit as a source of legitimate science.

Cooling, and thickening, and they have NO LIQUID WATER there. Antarctica is a 40 million year old continent specific ice age with 90% of Earth ice, and if 90% of Earth ice is growing, that explains why there is NO OCEAN RISE....

"the Antarctic ice sheet showed a net gain of 112 billion tons of ice a year from 1992 to 2001. That net gain slowed to 82 billion tons of ice per year between 2003 and 2008."

and

"“The good news is that Antarctica is not currently contributing to sea level rise, but is taking 0.23 millimeters per year away,” Zwally said. “But this is also bad news. If the 0.27 millimeters per year of sea level rise attributed to Antarctica in the IPCC report is not really coming from Antarctica, there must be some ....

SERIOUS FUDGEBAKING FRAUD ONGOING AT IPCC TO CLAIM AN OCEAN RISE THAT IS NOT HAPPENING

[Stupid or a liar].

I think you're both stupid and a liar.
Crick, you cried like an immature imbecile when I called you a liar. Nobody accuses people of lying more than crick.

Crick is our, "Resident Contradictor".

Try it everyone, respond to crick with facts, and watch crick contradict, that is just say, "no it's not".

Micro plastics in the water perhaps chaning the chemical characteristics of the ocean masses? Just throwing it out there.

JO
Those micro plastics are present because they're insoluble. What chemical characteristics were you thinking of?

Crick, you cried like an immature imbecile when I called you a liar. Nobody accuses people of lying more than crick.

Crick is our, "Resident Contradictor".

Try it everyone, respond to crick with facts, and watch crick contradict, that is just say, "no it's not".
Obsession anyone?

just pointing out that crick habitually calls everyone liars and then throws a hissy fit if crick is called a liar, as if crick is not the guilty party
There are lots of posters here who don't lie. Most, in fact. You're not one of them, but there are lots.

Two years in a row with record low minimum ice extents have now been followed by a winter in which sea ice has not returned as it should. Historically, there should be 16.4 million square kilometers of ice there right now. The actual extent is 14.1 million. Scientists are fearful they are looking at a collapse of Antarctica's sea ice which will lead to a dramatic acceleration of the ice sheets glacial flow into the sea and could very possibly lead to the catastrophic collapse of the isostatic WAIS. We would be able to see sea level rise on a photograph of the Statue of Liberty.

View attachment 808988
so many lies by little crick

The hypothesis for Antarctic sea ice fluctuations is that warmer temperatures over the (little) Wast and (huge) East Ice Sheets cause more melting, hence more sea ice. But it’s rarely above freezing on the EAIS. The South Pole has enjoyed no warming since continuous records began there in 1958

so many lies by little crick

The hypothesis for Antarctic sea ice fluctuations is that warmer temperatures over the (little) Wast and (huge) East Ice Sheets cause more melting, hence more sea ice. But it’s rarely above freezing on the EAIS. The South Pole has enjoyed no warming since continuous records began there in 1958
So, let's have a look at the WUWT article to which you linked. It begins with a screen capture from a Bloomberg story (which I will not reproduce here) on the same Antarctic sea ice shortfall discussed in the OP. There is a paywall at Bloomberg and I do not have access to it. The WUWT article is short enough that we can post the entire thing here in its entirety.

It’s strange that scientists were not panicking about going into an imminent ice age in 2014, when Antarctic sea ice was at a record high!
image-198.png

Large variations from year to year often occur, and they are usually the result of wind patterns, which either blow away from the continent, thus pushing ice outwards, or towards it.

We only started collecting data in 1979, so the idea that any of this is unprecedented or concerning is nonsense. In fact, the claims of a six-sigma event are fraudulent; you would need thousands of years of data to calculate the statistical significance of this event.

Meanwhile, aforesaid scientists seem to have gone very quiet about their favourite scare, the Arctic, where the ice refuses to disappear as ordered:
image-159-2.png

AND.... that's it. So Paul Homewood, the author, gives us:

1) What-aboutism: Scientists not fearing an imminent ice age in 2014 from rising sea ice extents. This record high was noted in the OP's linked article.
2) An observation that wind patterns affects ice extents but makes NO attempt to demonstrate this has been the case here. Wind pattern's effects on sea ice are noted in the Guardian article in the OP.
3) Claims that it would require thousands of years of data to calculate the statistical significance of this event. This contention is completely false. I don't have access to the Bloomberg article to which WUWT is responding, but their use of "Six Sigma" is certainly hyperbolic and may have occasioned copyright concerns.
4) More What-aboutism concerning Arctic ice extents with the most blatantly cherry-picked graphic I've ever seen. I first thought that to be a joke.

And, of course, on the basis of this article, thrown up against the Guardian article to which I linked in the OP, Elektra accuses me of lying. Interestingly, as you will see, Elektra had not read the Guardian article when he accused me of lying by linking to it.

An interesting and rather sad point is that no one seems to have noticed that my Guardian link in the OP was incomplete and did not work. Here is a working link to the Guardian article from the OP

This article is several times the size of the WUWT whine and contains other graphics like this one.
1691158359204.png

Last edited:

View attachment 808988
Fake news bullshit.

An interesting and rather sad point is that no one seems to have noticed that my Guardian link in the OP was incomplete and did not work. Here is a working link to the Guardian article from the OP

This article is several times the size of the WUWT whine and contains other graphics like this one.
your OP's all suck, your links suck, your comments and quotes from the links do not exist,
1691160040204.png

Forum List

Back