So what's the laundry list of free shit Obama is gonna dangle in front of all the leeches tonight?

2 free years of community college

it will cost just over $6 billion a year

so you know it's going to be near $9 Billion the first year and since colleges know they can charge whatever they want it will inflate greatly every year after that

and of course, the people who take the bait will be forced to vote dem or (the horror) have to start paying for it themselves should the gop take the WH
Sure! Because nobody hates higher education more than Conservatives!
That is an idiotic post.

Sorry, but you don't get to claim it now just because it went down. If you do it shows that the truth doesn't matter to you. If he's responsible for it going down then he's responsible for it going up.

Cool then we agree

Nope. If he made the price go up that SOB owes me some motherfucking money

But if he made the price go down you got it back

It still isn't back down to Bush levels and he owes me for 6 fucking years.

Who made you drive?
Gee, that's clever......

But that's the point. It IS available to the masses. FASFA loans are never denied...EXCEPT to the applicants with ultra wealthy parents. And the cost for a community college or a state school locally, where you don't need room and board is, here in NY, about 5K a year......
And I have news for you.....if one can afford college it does not mean he/she doesn't need college to get ahead. That is a ridiculous partisan talking point that has absolutely no validity.
Student loans can cripple a middle class family, delay the purchase of a house, effect a credit score and generally hold back a graduate under a mountain of debt for years.

Why not make something like putting a kid through college just a little bit easier?

Why is it my job to make it easier for you?
Drop the self centered attitude and consider this: an educated workforce is a competent work force. A competent workforce is a competitive workforce. A competitive workforce produces higher paying jobs. Higher paying jobs means more tax dollars in government coffers, more disposable income in more hands and therefore an expanding economy.

You'll make your money back. And there will be more educated people helping you in your time of dire finacial circumstances, like now the way you're complaining.

Is the cost of knowledge too high? Try the cost of ignorance!
We see the cost of ignorance in every one of your posts.
You are equating more money with better education. Except it isnt true. We are spending more per pupil in almost every school district and results on tests etc are worse or very slight better.
Throwing money at a broken system appeases union drones etc but does nothing to help anyone. The unemployment/underemployment rate for college grads is nearly 50%. Why would we want to contribute to that??
No, I'm not whiling for the NEA. I'm asking a simple question. Are Conservatives opposed to tuition breaks as a problem because they cost too much, because they will somehow disenfranchise the student from his earned degree because it was free or a little cheaper, or because they cannot imagine living in a land with more people holding degrees?

It has to be one of those reasons. Those are the reasons offered here in this thread.

This isn't public school funding (unfortunately. Our public schools should be palaces of learning), it's an investment in the future for the American workforce.
I am personally against it because of where it will lead and you have to draw the line somewhere. Yesterday it was "not everyone can afford a cell phone" and "not everyone can afford broadband." Today it is "not everyone can afford higher education." Next it will be "not everyone can afford to start their own business."
I don't have an issue with the taxpayer helping those that are finding it difficult to feed, house and clothe their families. I have made it quite clear on this board. But the argument always was "what's wrong with helping someone down on their luck to feed their family".....That has changed and it will only get worse.

so you know it's going to be near $9 Billion the first year and since colleges know they can charge whatever they want it will inflate greatly every year after that

and of course, the people who take the bait will be forced to vote dem or (the horror) have to start paying for it themselves should the gop take the WH
saying ignorant shit like that doesn't make it true

I wish eveyone could go to college, but colleges charge to fucking much (they inflated the cost more than anything else on earth)

why?

b/c the government pays them and they know you leftist will keep paying and paying, adding mountains of debt to people so you can swoop in and save them from the crises you created

but vastly increasing the debt for some magical reason is meaningless when a (D) is in the WH

fucks sake, think about what you are asking for, shit isn't free
If college is too high a price to pay for most Americans, why not do something to lower those costs rather than throw your hands in the air and cede higher education to the elites.

Student loans can cripple a middle class family, delay the purchase of a house, effect a credit score and generally hold back a graduate under a mountain of debt for years.

Why not make something like putting a kid through college just a little bit easier?

Drop the self centered attitude and consider this: an educated workforce is a competent work force. A competent workforce is a competitive workforce. A competitive workforce produces higher paying jobs. Higher paying jobs means more tax dollars in government coffers, more disposable income in more hands and therefore an expanding economy.

You'll make your money back. And there will be more educated people helping you in your time of dire finacial circumstances, like now the way you're complaining.

You are equating more money with better education. Except it isnt true. We are spending more per pupil in almost every school district and results on tests etc are worse or very slight better.
Throwing money at a broken system appeases union drones etc but does nothing to help anyone. The unemployment/underemployment rate for college grads is nearly 50%. Why would we want to contribute to that??
No, I'm not whiling for the NEA. I'm asking a simple question. Are Conservatives opposed to tuition breaks as a problem because they cost too much, because they will somehow disenfranchise the student from his earned degree because it was free or a little cheaper, or because they cannot imagine living in a land with more people holding degrees?

It has to be one of those reasons. Those are the reasons offered here in this thread.

This isn't public school funding (unfortunately. Our public schools should be palaces of learning), it's an investment in the future for the American workforce.
I am personally against it because of where it will lead and you have to draw the line somewhere. Yesterday it was "not everyone can afford a cell phone" and "not everyone can afford broadband." Today it is "not everyone can afford higher education." Next it will be "not everyone can afford to start their own business."
I don't have an issue with the taxpayer helping those that are finding it difficult to feed, house and clothe their families. I have made it quite clear on this board. But the argument always was "what's wrong with helping someone down on their luck to feed their family".....That has changed and it will only get worse.
And thus yet another pathway to economic success is cut off by ideology. An ideology that celebrates wealth cannot find room to expand wealth to others.

And you expect people to accept that and move on. Got it.

Once again, wtf did Obama have to do with either.

The same he had to do with the rise in gas prices you were complaining about saying it was his fault.
Yet again, you show your membership in the Gruber Club of idiots....

Obama deliberately promoted policy that targeted energy prices...

Oil prices came down not because of Obama, but because he cannot effect what is done on private property, where all the oil boom is happening.

Now, go drink a glass of milk and go to bed.

And since that isn't a bullshit story the proof of this is...?
Energy prices will necessarily skyrocket...

The bullshit is all yours.

Yeah..I thought so.
I'm happy you realize it. Now, if you try harder in the future, you can actually stop filling these forums with bullshit.

And thus yet another pathway to economic success is cut off by ideology. An ideology that celebrates wealth cannot find room to expand wealth to others.

No. I don't expect people to necessarily agree with me and move on. You asked my opinion and I offered it. I am not one who believes all must agree with my opinion. In the end, the majority rules....as it should be in our republic.
My ideology does not celebrate wealth. It celebrates success. It celebrates personal responsibility and it celebrates learning from failure.
Agree or not....I know one thing for sure.....as I learned from my failures, and concentrated on my personal responsibility, I achieved success....and nothing you can say will change that. It is what it is.

No. I don't expect people to necessarily agree with me and move on. You asked my opinion and I offered it. I am not one who believes all must agree with my opinion. In the end, the majority rules....as it should be in our republic.
My ideology does not celebrate wealth. It celebrates success. It celebrates personal responsibility and it celebrates learning from failure.
Agree or not....I know one thing for sure.....as I learned from my failures, and concentrated on my personal responsibility, I achieved success....and nothing you can say will change that. It is what it is.
I appreciate that. I find it odd that an ideology that celebrates success would block that pathway knowing that education leads to success. But, it's the Party of No, isn't it?

I appreciate that. I find it odd that an ideology that celebrates success would block that pathway knowing that education leads to success. But, it's the Party of No, isn't it?
It is no more the party of no than the democrats are as it pertains to GOP initiatives.
I believe you don't understand the conservative ideology if you say that an ideology that celebrates success would like to block that pathway knowing that education leads to success. Part of achieving success is doing for oneself to gather the tools to achieve success. Nosmo, there was a time where I was destitute. I blamed all for my failures on everyone else and did not do for myself as I believed no one cared about me and there was no way I could do it myself. The more I thought that way, the worse things got for me. My family would not help me because they saw me as one who simply wanted it made easy for me....
And then I woke up. I wont get into the long story of what woke me up...but in a nutshell, I had an interaction with someone with a physical disability who was very happy with the success he achieved. It made me think.
Within 5 years of working at nights, and getting my degree with loans and the little cash I made....within 5 years of never going out for I needed to save money for tuition and books...within 5 years of being treated like scum by the people who's groceries I bagged...within 5 years of pumping gas at 3 AM....within 5 years of eating pasta nearly every night...I sold my first company, and paid off my student loans....and actually had some money left over to start anew, get married, buy a house and start a family.
Look, Nosmo....it worked for me. No help. No pity from others. Granted, it was by no means a pleasure cruise....but in the end, it worked for me. So whereas I respect what you believe we should do, I am one that experienced the other way...and I liked the results. I would be a fool to advocate any other way.

It's not being cut off by ideology. What's being promoted by ideology is that one person, simply because they have SUCCESS that brought wealth, owes another person . If you can't pay for your kids to go to college, it's being cut off by YOU. Your problem is you expect others to do what one's own parents won't do then blame the ones that aren't the kid's parents for not wanting to do what the kid's parents won't do. It's not my fault you can't do it.

In addition to my post above this I need to say one thing......

Whereas, yes, education leads to success....so does owning a business.....so why aren't you advocating for the government to take from others to give to those that wish to start their own business?

I know it sounds absurd....but 30 years ago, doing that so others can get a free education ALSO sounded absurd.

Where do we draw the line?

Seems your ideology is the one that believes I have more of a responsibility as a taxpayer to fund college for another person's kid than the kid's parents do. But, it's the ideology of I'm owed something, isn't it?

I wish eveyone could go to college, but colleges charge to fucking much (they inflated the cost more than anything else on earth)

why?

b/c the government pays them and they know you leftist will keep paying and paying, adding mountains of debt to people so you can swoop in and save them from the crises you created

but vastly increasing the debt for some magical reason is meaningless when a (D) is in the WH

If college is too high a price to pay for most Americans, why not do something to lower those costs rather than throw your hands in the air and cede higher education to the elites.

Here's something YOU can do. If you want to fund college for another person's kid, write a check. If you can't, don't demand I do something you can't do.

why?

Well, government tried to "do something" in the form of student loans. It has made the problem immeasurably worse.
Why do you want to repeat the same mistakes?

College tuition is being priced out of reach for more and more people.

The Right will say, "There is no problem."

The Left will say, "Tax the rich more."

We are surrounded by retards.

And what would you say? I say education is not the answer. Know why? Because this country is always going to have ditch diggers, factory workers, maids, walmart employees, mcD workers, etc.

What made the American middle class the greatest class the world had ever seen? Unions. High paying jobs. Sick days. Great insurance. Holiday pay. Pensions. GREAT JOBS for the masses.

It is unrealistic to say education is the key. Put everyone though nursing school, next thing you know the market is flooded with nurses and nurses then make $30K a year.

I say pay the middle class a living/decent/fair wage. My dad worked for Ford Motor Company. He has a Pension, SS, hundreds of thousands of dollars in the bank and 2 homes. He never made more than $11 hr but that was good money back then. Especially when his insurance was so great. Get sick? It cost us $5 to go to the emergency room.

I know what will make America great again. But the rich and the GOP and conservatives won't like it. They'll call me a socialist commy pig. But the bottom line is, just pay your employees more.

Ever hear the story of Carl who graduated highschool and started making $17hr shoveling coal in the graveyard shift at a union factory somewhere in Michigan? That's a low skilled job. Why did he make so much? Because he was in a union. The smartest guys I know were in unions because they were at least smart enough to demand a fair wage and share of the profits.
The days of growing up to work in the same factory as your daddy are long gone. We have to educate our kids for the jobs of tomorrow, not for low skilled shit.

Cars used to be leading edge tech. Now they aren't. We've moved on way beyond that. Robots and third worlders do that shit now.

You say unions made us strong. That's true, to a point. But I guess you have not noticed the highest paying jobs in America, the ones in high tech fields, are almost all non-union jobs. You know why?

Because those skills are so scarce that an educated person can pretty much write their own ticket. They are marketable.

Meanwhile the low skilled jobs are going overseas, where they belong.

It wasn't unions that made us the number one economy. It was our technological edge. It wasn't low skilled jobs. It was the exact opposite of that. It was innovation and the entrepreneurial spirit which made us number one.

Unions came about because our national economy went through a transition from one in which everyone was their own boss to one which was organized around corporations with wage workers at the bottom and owners and shareholders at the top.

This protectionist bullshit for low skilled jobs is killing us. We need to maintain our edge, and that means education in the right skills. High tech skills. Tomorrow's skills.

And that means more education than ever before. We aren't even keeping up, much less staying ahead!

You can work on an automotive assembly line, if you wish. But you are retarded if you think you deserve more than $20 bucks an hour to do it. I'll be surprised if we are still making cars in America in 20 years.

Unrealistic. Remember the burnouts in your high school? Hell, just think about out of all the people in your high school, how many of them have high skill jobs? Probably less than 25%. So what are you telling the other 75% of the kids? That they have to be smart at math and science or their screwed?

Ok, then from now on 75% of America is screwed.

We need to be paying low skilled workers more. The rest will take care of itself.

And what would you say? I say education is not the answer. Know why? Because this country is always going to have ditch diggers, factory workers, maids, walmart employees, mcD workers, etc.

What made the American middle class the greatest class the world had ever seen? Unions. High paying jobs. Sick days. Great insurance. Holiday pay. Pensions. GREAT JOBS for the masses.

It is unrealistic to say education is the key. Put everyone though nursing school, next thing you know the market is flooded with nurses and nurses then make $30K a year.

I say pay the middle class a living/decent/fair wage. My dad worked for Ford Motor Company. He has a Pension, SS, hundreds of thousands of dollars in the bank and 2 homes. He never made more than $11 hr but that was good money back then. Especially when his insurance was so great. Get sick? It cost us $5 to go to the emergency room.

I know what will make America great again. But the rich and the GOP and conservatives won't like it. They'll call me a socialist commy pig. But the bottom line is, just pay your employees more.

Ever hear the story of Carl who graduated highschool and started making $17hr shoveling coal in the graveyard shift at a union factory somewhere in Michigan? That's a low skilled job. Why did he make so much? Because he was in a union. The smartest guys I know were in unions because they were at least smart enough to demand a fair wage and share of the profits.
The days of growing up to work in the same factory as your daddy are long gone. We have to educate our kids for the jobs of tomorrow, not for low skilled shit.

Cars used to be leading edge tech. Now they aren't. We've moved on way beyond that. Robots and third worlders do that shit now.

You say unions made us strong. That's true, to a point. But I guess you have not noticed the highest paying jobs in America, the ones in high tech fields, are almost all non-union jobs. You know why?

Because those skills are so scarce that an educated person can pretty much write their own ticket. They are marketable.

It wasn't unions that made us the number one economy. It was our technological edge. It wasn't low skilled jobs. It was the exact opposite of that. It was innovation and the entrepreneurial spirit which made us number one.

Unions came about because our national economy went through a transition from one in which everyone was their own boss to one which was organized around corporations with wage workers at the bottom and owners and shareholders at the top.

This protectionist bullshit for low skilled jobs is killing us. We need to maintain our edge, and that means education in the right skills. High tech skills. Tomorrow's skills.

And that means more education than ever before. We aren't even keeping up, much less staying ahead!

You can work on an automotive assembly line, if you wish. But you are retarded if you think you deserve more than $20 bucks an hour to do it. I'll be surprised if we are still making cars in America in 20 years.

Yeah, we had some that went up to Detroit a few years back and made $20.00 per hour installing tires on new cars. When Detroit went by the wayside, they came back home and had to take minimum wage jobs because the local area had no jobs for tire installers that paid more than minimum wage.

While I don't think a tire installer should make minimum wage, one damn sure shouldn't make $20/hour doing it. It takes some training but it isn't rocket science.

None of the people working at the Big 3 making over $20 hr were high skilled workers. They worked on the line, in the paint department, janitors, cooks, security. They were all paid a good wage. In your world they'd all be making minimum wage.

Why not? What other reason besides they are unionized would you have for paying them anymore? So the conservative vision of America sucks and doesn't work, unless you are rich. We could have stayed in Europe and got that. Don't forget what made America great. The world had never seen a middle class like the one we had before Reagan/Bush and the GOP changed America for the worse.

Yeah, we had some that went up to Detroit a few years back and made $20.00 per hour installing tires on new cars. When Detroit went by the wayside, they came back home and had to take minimum wage jobs because the local area had no jobs for tire installers that paid more than minimum wage.

While I don't think a tire installer should make minimum wage, one damn sure shouldn't make $20/hour doing it. It takes some training but it isn't rocket science.

None of the people working at the Big 3 making over $20 hr were high skilled workers. They worked on the line, in the paint department, janitors, cooks, security. They were all paid a good wage. In your world they'd all be making minimum wage.

Why not? What other reason besides they are unionized would you have for paying them anymore? So the conservative vision of America sucks and doesn't work, unless you are rich. We could have stayed in Europe and got that. Don't forget what made America great. The world had never seen a middle class like the one we had before Reagan/Bush and the GOP changed America for the worse.
you mean the big three that required a government bail out because their expenses far outweighed their revenue?

That big 3?

Thought so.

why?

you just said that you are ok with colleges increasing the price even more

stop giving them our tax money and they will have to lower the price

I haven't kept up lately but I'm sure his speech will be targeted directly at the uninformed give me free shit crowd.

Obama knows that American are [GRUBER] STUPID, that they love , what in their stupidity, believe is "free stuff".

Obama knows that the parasitic element is close to 50% , and that they vote early and often.

Obama knows that in order to be electable politicians must cater to the parasitic element.

We are doomed.

Forum List

Back