So, Texas has had nearly 50 straight days of 100+ weather.

The media even FOX news is making this summer look like the end of the world... But then they pop up a temperature map and the highest temp on the map is 110..... news flash!!!! that's not new... it is just like a summer from 40 years ago.... but most media talking heads weren't alive 40 years ago.... another news flash... the world didn't begin the day you were born......

Just checked it out...

Texas looking like around 10% Solar this year (total)... But is increasing by 70% a year... That is incredible...
At this rate of growth that would be 50% in 3 years, I say hard to maintain but 5 years... Texas could be looking at being the kings of Solar..

The media even FOX news is making this summer look like the end of the world... But then they pop up a temperature map and the highest temp on the map is 110..... news flash!!!! that's not new... it is just like a summer from 40 years ago.... but most media talking heads weren't alive 40 years ago.... another news flash... the world didn't begin the day you were born......
Another newsflash: 100 degree temperatures in the Pacific Northwest, to go along with the worst drought in a 1000 years.

But you don't understand climate change.

Absolutely zero power grid issues.

Can somebody explain us?

(I can)
There were not "zero power grid issues", there were no serious outages, due to some planning by ERCOT and some bussinesses agreeing to halt operations to cut power use.

It was the third time this year that ERCOT has called on residents to cut power usage and the second time it has warned of the potential for rolling blackouts. As on Monday, it avoided forced cuts when big power consumers agreed to halt operations.

Lee Bratcher, president of Texas Blockchain Council, said all of the state's large-scale Bitcoin mining operations, which consume about 1,000 megawatts, are currently offline because of ERCOT's call for conservation and high power prices.

A spokesperson for LyondellBasell (LYB.N) said the petrochemical maker's Texas operations worked on ways "to reduce electricity demand without shutting down assets or compromising the safety and reliability of our operations."

In other news, Wind and Solar now make up 34% of ERCOT energy production.

Last edited:
Another newsflash: 100 degree temperatures in the Pacific Northwest, to go along with the worst drought in a 1000 years.

But you don't understand climate change.
I have family that has lived in Olympia Washington for 50 years... they say this heat wave is rare but nothing new.... ten days ago it was wet and 67 degrees....
The weather changes stop freaking out over it....

Can somebody explain us?

(I can)

What year are we talking? ... because THIS year is only seeing one out of every three days over 100ºF ... {Amarillo Climate} ...

The Texas grid has been hardened against NORMAL WEATHER ... and weather this summer in Texas is as normal as normal can be ... I'm also noting that these highest temperature recorded in Texas is considered a cold snap in California ... in that 101ºF is relief from the 110ºF to 115ºF they have been seeing ... it's been 110ºF here in Southern Oregon ...

"It's not the triple digit temperatures that kill you, it's the double digit humidity" ...

Can somebody explain us?

(I can)
Since this was posted in the Politics forum, could it be that politicians, movers and shakers in Texas are afraid they won't get to stay in power, if they don't keep the lights and AC going in Texas, during an election year? Lord knows, they were warning people, early in the season.

Since this was posted in the Politics forum, could it be that politicians, movers and shakers in Texas are afraid they won't get to stay in power, if they don't keep the lights and AC going in Texas, during an election year? Lord knows, they were warning people, early in the season.
They always warn us try to use less power.

Just checked it out...

Texas looking like around 10% Solar this year (total)... But is increasing by 70% a year... That is incredible...
At this rate of growth that would be 50% in 3 years, I say hard to maintain but 5 years... Texas could be looking at being the kings of Solar..
Fake news from real liars.

1659367909538.png

Forum List

Back