So, Texas has had nearly 50 straight days of 100+ weather.

I'm not shooting the messenger. I am telling the messenger that his source is either a very limited experience or the source is BS.
:dunno:
well it was a colleague and a customer. Why would they share that with me on a conference call concerning the job? Because they were concerned for their families.

Dallas is a lie.

I can't speak for Round Rock.
I don't care dude. I'm not calling a customer a liar to satisfy your crap. Not sure your issue. Can't just accept that it happened. got to cry all the way to the toilet huh? wtf. You got problems son,

Another newsflash: 100 degree temperatures in the Pacific Northwest, to go along with the worst drought in a 1000 years.

But you don't understand climate change.
Anything east of the coast in Washington and Oregon gets droughts pretty often. It also gets over 100 degrees every damn summer.

Finally found one.
They had minor outages around Dallas and they were localized.

Again, I said perhaps it was local. I know the customer said he got notified.

That's not really a grid issue, though, is it?

The power goes out locally all the time when there's a thunderstorm.

This is not a "Texas power grid is collapsing as projected" type issue right?
I have no idea the issue, I merely repeated what a colleague and customer told me. rolling blackouts.

BTW, the customer told me they asked him to shut his air off.

I have no idea the issue, I merely repeated what a colleague and customer told me. rolling blackouts.

BTW, the customer told me they asked him to shut his air off.
Where?

NOBODY I know of in the entire state has been specifically asked to shut off air. They did a general public service announcement about conserving, but there have been NO rolling blackouts. People may have lost power locally but that was not by design, as has been suggested.

That's not really a grid issue, though, is it?

The power goes out locally all the time when there's a thunderstorm.

This is not a "Texas power grid is collapsing as projected" type issue right?
Here, I pulled this real quick

But the ancient electrical grids in the US remain woefully unprepared. The Texas grid, like any other, needs to constantly balance supply and demand, which varies wildly throughout the day. “From my point of view, more interesting than the rising demand is that the demand happens at coincident peaks,” says David Victor, a political scientist at the University of California, San Diego, who coauthored a major report on the US grid last year. “Not only is there a higher demand, but it’s at exactly the time that’s already the critical point for the grid.”

Forum List

Back