So on Monday Letitia James can grab Trump's empire? (Poll)

So what are Trump's options?

• Tell Letitia James if she drops the charges he'll drop out of the 2024 race?

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Let Letitia James take all of his property?

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Appeal to every court he can think of to get a delay until his appeals are processed?

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Keep cool knowing that when he is elected president he can settle the score...

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Other options...see my post.

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters
That’s the problem, is that Trump didn’t compare it to something comparable. He used valuations from properties without restricted deeds.
DEED RESTRICTIONS DON'T MATTER, PROPERTY VALUES MATTER.
WHAT IS THE REALISTIC RANGE OF THE MARKET VALUE? (HINT: ITS NOT THE ASSESSED VALUE)

THE FUCKING ASSESSOR'S VALUE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MARKET VALUE, NOTHING!!!
THE 2,300% OVERVALUE IS A LIE. ITS A MISLEADING STATEMENT ABOUT HOW MUCH TRUMP "OVERVALUED" MAL.
It’s a clue. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Don’t you agree that deer restrictions have something to do with the market value?

A Deed Restriction lowers a properties value
Though I would imagine, some deed restrictions in the case of a community, could increase the value....

Something like no lots can be smaller than 1 acre, or all homes in the newly built community can be no smaller than 2000 square feet... Some of Mara Lago restrictions, like the property and land can never be subdivided in to lots for homes...which is what Trump wanted to do....and could have made a bundle off of it... if he could have pulled it off!

...but the high standing owners of the property mansions surrounding Mara Lago had the ears of the County, to prevent that from happening! Partly because of it devaluing their own very very high property values for their mansions, of which they pay hugely in property taxes....likely!

Though I would imagine, some deed restrictions in the case of a community, could increase the value....

Something like no lots can be smaller than 1 acre, or all homes in the newly built community can be no smaller than 2000 square feet... Some of Mara Lago restrictions, like the property and land can never be subdivided in to lots for homes...which is what Trump wanted to do....and could have made a bundle off of it... if he could have pulled it off!

...but the high standing owners of the property mansions surrounding Mara Lago had the ears of the County, to prevent that from happening! Partly because of it devaluing their own very very high property values for their mansions, of which they pay hugely in property taxes....likely!
Thank you, yes.

The idea that deed restriction automatically lower property value is the typical simplistic reasoning we get from some posters.

The house I just sold had and has deed restriction. One of them is no mobile homes on the property. Another is no farm livestock. Another is no business operations. (Houston/Harris County don’t zone much) This increases the property value of the residential property.The homeowners association put up signs:

Welcome to Oakdale Village
A Deed-restricted Community

Thank you, yes.

The idea that deed restriction automatically lower property value is the typical simplistic reasoning we get from some posters.

The house I just sold had and has deed restriction. One of them is no mobile homes on the property. Another is no farm livestock. Another is no business operations. (Houston/Harris County don’t zone much) This increases the property value of the residential property.The homeowners association put up signs:

Welcome to Oakdale Village
A Deed-restricted Community
Yes, my parents and sister lives in the same type of community!

However, the restriction, or one of them involving the USE of the property of Mara Lago, and its perpetual use of... It can not be a private Mansion or Residence.... only a resort....

Maybe trump can somehow get out of that perpetual use of the property agreement and restrictions of his deed.... some day down the road through all of his lawyering....who knows? :dunno:

But really, that would not come in to account back in 2014 or whatever year or years he turn in the over valued certified form of his assets.... I believe that is existing assets that is being reported on the form, and not some futuristic asset if some legal eagle miracle of reneging the deed and use restrictions could be pulled off to change the market value....

DEED RESTRICTIONS DON'T MATTER, PROPERTY VALUES MATTER.
WHAT IS THE REALISTIC RANGE OF THE MARKET VALUE? (HINT: ITS NOT THE ASSESSED VALUE)
The problem is deed restrictions DO matter if they restrict what you can do with the property.

He can't subdivide it and build on them.
He can't tear down the Post House and build a more modern facility.
Mar-a-Lago is a white elephant that can only be used for certain, largely unprofitable, purposes.

Yes, my parents and sister lives in the same type of community!

However, the restriction, or one of them involving the USE of the property of Mara Lago, and its perpetual use of... It can not be a private Mansion or Residence.... only a resort....

Maybe trump can somehow get out of that perpetual use of the property agreement and restrictions of his deed.... some day down the road through all of his lawyering....who knows? :dunno:

But really, that would not come in to account back in 2014 or whatever year or years he turn in the over valued certified form of his assets.... I believe that is existing assets that is being reported on the form, and not some futuristic asset if some legal eagle miracle of reneging the deed and use restrictions could be pulled off to change the market value....
I see nothing to disagree with in that post.

My disagreement is with the judge’s weasel construction of his valuation of the property.

Because at how much does the judge value MAL? I asked the OP that question and he seems to be stumped.

In order to say that someone overvalued a property fraudulently, you should be able to name the actual value with some evidence of that valuation.

/-----/ Let someone in power steal your property, and we'll see how you react.
No one is "stealing" property, of course.

The guilty party has been assesses a penalty for his fraud, and the court is being lenient in allowing more time and a significantly lower bond.

The court found that he engaged in years of fraud to falsely inflate his net worth and unjustly enrich himself, his family, and his organization.

His whining is irrelevant. He is not above the law as his worshipers insist.

AND the bond is reduced and Trump will pay it, beat the corrupt James and Engeron, and MAGA!

SUCK IT, LEFTIST SHITLORDS!

butthurt.gif

Trump bond reduced

It’s a clue. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Don’t you agree that deer restrictions have something to do with the market value?
1. Agreed, deed restrictions may affect the market price. In 1981 MAL was worth $10m after asking $20m.
2. In 2011 it was assessed at $27.6m. That has zero to do with market value.
3. In 2024 the Trumps said its worth $400m to $600m, up to $1b.
4. Forbes put the market value closer to $325m. If the Trumps are asking $1b that's where negotiations start.
Earlier this year, Forbes estimated the property is worth a more generous $325 million, after reviewing its financial history and consulting eight real estate experts.

Forum List

Back