So. If GOP Takes Over in 2023. It's The End Of Social Security, Medicare, ect. Really? Are all Americans That Stupid To Believe This?

My_Chinchilla_Is_A_Racist

Platinum Member
Sep 17, 2022
Somewhere In Florida
Does the left bring this up every time we have an election? If republicans win, they will put a stop to social security and the other benefits seniors have a right to? And what does congress have to do with Social Security matters anyway? It's as the left thinks that over 75% us have an I.Q. lower than the average turkey or gerbil.

Does the left bring this up every time we have an election? If republicans win, they will put a stop to social security and the other benefits seniors have a right to? And what does congress have to do with Social Security matters anyway? It's as the left thinks that over 75% us have an I.Q. lower than the average turkey or gerbil.
The left wing aren't the ones talking about it. It's the right wingers talking about it...every election cycle. Now, unless they have control of both the House and Senate with veto override majority, it won't go anywhere. But there are Republicans who want to privatize it....which would be a complete disaster.

Talk about IQ's have you looked at yours lately?

While Congress does not set the amount of benefits we pay each year, they decide funding for our administrative budget. Our administrative budget provides resources to administer Social Security and SSI programs as well as certain aspects of the Medicare program.

Congress can decide to review funding every 5 years if Rick Scott gets his way.

There's a minority that have convinced themselves that their TV's would NEVER lie to them, and they will believe anything.

But no, most Americans know better.

Please note that the only time they really bring this up is conveniently just before an election, when it might be politically useful.

Talk about IQ's have you looked at yours lately?

While Congress does not set the amount of benefits we pay each year, they decide funding for our administrative budget. Our administrative budget provides resources to administer Social Security and SSI programs as well as certain aspects of the Medicare program.

Congress can decide to review funding every 5 years if Rick Scott gets his way.
Oh, look someone who sits their fat ass on the internet all day disagreed that congress does have something to do with ss. It would be the death of them with the majority of senior's if they ever did change funding.

No, it is a small minority.

The left wing aren't the ones talking about it. It's the right wingers talking about it...every election cycle. Now, unless they have control of both the House and Senate with veto override majority, it won't go anywhere. But there are Republicans who want to privatize it....which would be a complete disaster.
Progs know there are issues. And Progs have made statements on Social Security and Medicare. But the reporting on it ends at the news/entertainment desk. Every program that does not get the annual increase they want Progs spout tens of millions will die.

75% may be an underestimation if you are any example (just kidding of course):

It is actually about 40% of Americans

Forum List

Back