So I Called My Local Islamic Center &

actsnoblemartin

I love Andrea & April
Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, CA
told her I had some questions about some of the versus.

She was very sweet/polite, and told me questions are fine, and that I could come in whenever and ask an Imam.

I reccomend, if you have questions about islam, doing the same thing.

I also want to apologize to the boards muslims for being at times, hateful and mean spirited.

I am sorry, and dont want to hate, or dislike anyone simply based on what religion they choose

This is an excellent idea. Any imam who is not willing to answer questions or have a civil discussion does not deserve his position of leadership.

This is an excellent idea. Any imam who is not willing to answer questions or have a civil discussion does not deserve his position of leadership.

Thanks Kalam, I appreciate the feedback :)

It is always truly refreshing when any religion/religious leader is willing to discuss their faith with you :)

Please tell us how your conversation goes when you decide to visit the mosque.

Thanks I definently will. The Imam said it was ok to come on monday, and even see the prayers. And they even do interfaith work, with local synagogues and others.

Very nice people.

I just dont wanna go around, prejudging a whole group of people, cause like other group, they have some assholes.

I have two choices, be insincerely friendly, which will turn into sincere fellowship or show sincere hostility which turns into nothing positive.

Thanks I definently will. The Imam said it was ok to come on monday, and even see the prayers. And they even do interfaith work, with local synagogues and others.

Very nice people.

I just dont wanna go around, prejudging a whole group of people, cause like other group, they have some assholes.

I have two choices, be insincerely friendly, which will turn into sincere fellowship or show sincere hostility which turns into nothing positive.

If you don't mind my asking, do you know which mosque it is?

brother, you may ask me whatever you like

the mosque is called

Islamic Center of San Diego

i couldnt find a name of the mosque other then the islamic center of san diego

sorry

Very nice people.

If you don't mind my asking, do you know which mosque it is?

Have to give you credit actsnoblemartin.

I really wish more people would take the initiative and visit a local mosque.

I have visited many in the last ten years.

Each one will have a different ethnic mix,. Depending on the local community.

One may be mainly Pakistani and Indian. While down the road the mosque membership could be Syrian or Somali.

Basically, you will find friendly and warm people. Who are car mechanics, doctors, teachers, dentists, etc.

Who have house payments, car payments, worry about their childrens education, pay taxes, and vote.

They just happen to be muslim and go to the mosque instead of a church. :eusa_angel:

so i decided to call c.a.i.r. of san diego, and spoke to the nicest young man, he was a convert to islam from christianity since 98.

Explained to me about the verses, I actually recommend people visit a mosque, and/or call cair and talk to someone who is muslim about your questions.

If you can be civil atleast, it makes for a nice conversation, and understanding

even if you dont agree with everything they say or believe, atleast you wont be an asshole

I simply dont want to be an asshole, and am truly sorry for being one at times

i visit the mosque on monday at 1:15pm, it will be interesting to see how the prayers work.

Ive always secretely been interested in religions, and islam.

ya know?

i dont know, i find some things very interesting

Have to give you credit actsnoblemartin.

I really wish more people would take the initiative and visit a local mosque.

I have visited many in the last ten years.

Each one will have a different ethnic mix,. Depending on the local community.

One may be mainly Pakistani and Indian. While down the road the mosque membership could be Syrian or Somali.

Basically, you will find friendly and warm people. Who are car mechanics, doctors, teachers, dentists, etc.

Who have house payments, car payments, worry about their childrens education, pay taxes, and vote.

They just happen to be muslim and go to the mosque instead of a church. :eusa_angel:

so i decided to call c.a.i.r. of san diego, and spoke to the nicest young man, he was a convert to islam from christianity since 98.

Explained to me about the verses, I actually recommend people visit a mosque, and/or call cair and talk to someone who is muslim about your questions.

If you can be civil atleast, it makes for a nice conversation, and understanding

even if you dont agree with everything they say or believe, atleast you wont be an asshole

I simply dont want to be an asshole, and am truly sorry for being one at times

Try losing some weight, you still look like one.
And remember to have a dump before you go, you don't wanna know! :eek:

You must be the most worthless piece of excrement on these boards. I've trodden in some real unpleasant things in my life, but nothing quite as vile as you.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) :: The Investigative Project on Terrorism

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR)
It offers a benign mission statement - "to enhance understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding." But a closer look at the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) raises a host of troubling questions about its history and purpose.

Born of an effort to scuttle hopes for a negotiated Middle East peace, CAIR was listed among organizations tied to the Muslim Brotherhood's American network. Its founders emerged from a separate Islamic organization that two courts have found played a supporting role for the terrorist group Hamas.

The Washington, D.C.-based organization purports to be a "leading advocate for justice and mutual understanding" and claims to speak for the majority of American Muslims. However, after a careful review of the history, activities, statements, and causes of and by CAIR, it seems that its primary goals are to silence and de-legitimize its critics and redefine what it means to be a moderate Muslim. And when it comes to U.S. efforts to crack down on terrorists and their financiers, CAIR takes an almost visceral stand in opposition. This has the effect of undermining the legitimate security-related concerns and campaigns of the United States and its allies. These conclusions and the summary immediately below are based upon the evidence and examples that follow in this report; beginning with CAIR's very founding.

The full dossier "CAIR Exposed," can be found here: http://www.investigativeproject.org/documents/misc/122.pdf

Follow the links below to read the dossier in installments.

Read more at: The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) :: The Investigative Project on Terrorism

Here is the bio of the leader of the Mosque that Actsnoblemartin is planning to visit.

Imam Taha Hassane is currently serving as the imam of the Islamic Center of San Diego. He joined ICSD in September 2004 from the Colorado Muslim Youth Foundation where he served as a youth counselor. Imam Taha graduated from the Institute of Islamic Sciences at the University of Algiers in Algiers, Algeria and served as a high school teacher and Imam in Tenes, Algeria for ten years before coming to the United States. He also recently obtained a Master of Theology in Islamic Studies from the Graduate Theological Foundation in South Bend, Indiana and is currently registered to obtain a doctorate at the same institution.

In addition to his regular duties at ICSD, Imam Taha is a:

* Member of the Center of Ethics and Spirituality at UCSD
* Representative of the Muslim community in the interfaith dialogue and action
* Board member of the Interfaith committee for worker Justice of San Diego County
* Participant in faith based organizations such as Interfaith Shelter Network, Faith Leaders for Peace.
* Member of the west coast Muslim-Catholic dialogue
* Member of the advisory Board of the San Diego Police Department representing the Arab/Muslim community
* Regular attendant of the Bi-monthly meeting of the Homeland Security, San Diego County, with community based orgs representatives
* Member of the Islamic Shura Council of Southern California, representing the Islamic Center of San Diego
* Member of NAIF (North American Imam’s Federation)
* Regular invitee to open the sessions of the city council of Santee meetings with an Islamic invocation

He is married and is blessed with four daughters.

Here is the bio of the leader of the Mosque that Actsnoblemartin is planning to visit.

Imam Taha Hassane is currently serving as the imam of the Islamic Center of San Diego. He joined ICSD in September 2004 from the Colorado Muslim Youth Foundation where he served as a youth counselor. Imam Taha graduated from the Institute of Islamic Sciences at the University of Algiers in Algiers, Algeria and served as a high school teacher and Imam in Tenes, Algeria for ten years before coming to the United States. He also recently obtained a Master of Theology in Islamic Studies from the Graduate Theological Foundation in South Bend, Indiana and is currently registered to obtain a doctorate at the same institution.

* Board member of the Interfaith committee for worker Justice of San Diego County
* Participant in faith based organizations such as Interfaith Shelter Network, Faith Leaders for Peace.
* Member of the advisory Board of the San Diego Police Department representing the Arab/Muslim community
* Regular attendant of the Bi-monthly meeting of the Homeland Security, San Diego County, with community based orgs representatives
* Member of the Islamic Shura Council of Southern California, representing the Islamic Center of San Diego
* Regular invitee to open the sessions of the city council of Santee meetings with an Islamic invocation

Sounds like a terrorist. :eusa_think:

So do you.

So do you.

cool-story-bro.jpg

Im sure he reminds the San Diego Police and the HLS 6 times a year "Islam forbids the killing of innocent people".:cool:

Forum List

Back