SNAP, EBT outages reported across the country

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
An outage affecting the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program has been reported across the country, according to Down Detector.

The program, known as SNAP, provides nutrition benefits to supplement the food budget of low-income families so they can purchase healthy food. Electronic Benefits Transfer, known as EBT, is an electronic system similar to a debit card that allows a SNAP participant to pay for food using SNAP benefits.

The South Carolina Department of Social Services tweeted: “DSS is aware of EBT processing issues with approved retailers, impacting the ability for clients to use their EBT cards, due to a third party processor outage impacting programs in multiple states.”

The department added that the “third party processor is gradually restoring all services.”

The Massachusetts Department of Transitional Assistance tweeted: “DTA has been informed by the state’s EBT vendor that the EBT system is currently down in Massachusetts & some other states. You will not be able to use your EBT card or check your real time balance at this time. However, retailers may be able to manually authorize your purchase.”

The department added: “We apologize for any inconvenience. We are working with the vendor to quickly resolve the issue.”

As of 5:11 p.m. ET, Down Detector was showing 2,373 reported outages, down from a peak of 5,019 around 2:50 p.m.

I understand there's a lot of abandoned carts of "free" groceries at the Martins and Walmart in my AO.

R.055468b0c20e3c85c051e553d63b563b

Last edited:
Eh. They‘ll have it fixed by morning. The people getting “free” food paid for by others will just have to skip dinner - no biggie. And I’m sure that if they are responsible parents, they didn’t wait until they had absolutely no food in the house to feed their kids.

Go to your local FB feed, I'm sure there are a lot of comments on it now.....Read them to see just how fucked we are as a country.

Here's what happened the last time "The Big One" hit 17 states back in 2013.

walmart-food-ravaged-ebt-outage.jpg

I live in a BFE backwater rural farming town where there really is literally NOTHING on FB. Also, very few locals on EBT or SNAP. We're pretty much self sufficient. I guess I could sign up with a few groups from Sioux Falls, which is the biggest town nearby.

Last edited:
An outage affecting the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program has been reported across the country, according to Down Detector.

The program, known as SNAP, provides nutrition benefits to supplement the food budget of low-income families so they can purchase healthy food. Electronic Benefits Transfer, known as EBT, is an electronic system similar to a debit card that allows a SNAP participant to pay for food using SNAP benefits.

The South Carolina Department of Social Services tweeted: “DSS is aware of EBT processing issues with approved retailers, impacting the ability for clients to use their EBT cards, due to a third party processor outage impacting programs in multiple states.”

The department added that the “third party processor is gradually restoring all services.”

The Massachusetts Department of Transitional Assistance tweeted: “DTA has been informed by the state’s EBT vendor that the EBT system is currently down in Massachusetts & some other states. You will not be able to use your EBT card or check your real time balance at this time. However, retailers may be able to manually authorize your purchase.”

The department added: “We apologize for any inconvenience. We are working with the vendor to quickly resolve the issue.”

As of 5:11 p.m. ET, Down Detector was showing 2,373 reported outages, down from a peak of 5,019 around 2:50 p.m.

I understand there's a lot of abandoned carts of "free" groceries at the Martins and Walmart in my AO.

this is what will start the real zombie apocalypse,,

LMAO. Life is sooooo much better when the government feeds you.

Eh. They‘ll have it fixed by morning. The people getting “free” food paid for by others will just have to skip dinner - no biggie. And I’m sure that if they are responsible parents, they didn’t wait until they had absolutely no food in the house to feed their kids.
There are dozens of FB posts in the same vein just in my local FB feed.....I guess so many are on the dole now nobody pays it any mind till the system shits the bed.

"Imagine being a parent and going to get your kids food and the only money you have for the week doesn't work. Yea this is so funny so I guess save the children is off the table now
🤷🏾‍♀️
🤷🏾‍♀️
🤷🏾‍♀️
🤦🏾‍♀️
🤦🏾‍♀️
🤦🏾‍♀️
pathetic"

Go to your local FB feed, I'm sure there are a lot of comments on it now.....Read them to see just how fucked we are as a country.

Here's what happened the last time "The Big One" hit 17 states back in 2013.

walmart-food-ravaged-ebt-outage.jpg

Apparently out in our area this morning. Aldi has a sign on the door about it. As for your picture, some stores don't want customers to restock items if their purchase is declined. I guess they are afraid at that point you will steal it.

Apparently out in our area this morning. Aldi has a sign on the door about it. As for your picture, some stores don't want customers to restock items if their purchase is declined. I guess they are afraid at that point you will steal it.
It was explained at the time that any meats or frozen items would be tossed.

Have to see some reaction videos of the dems pets not getting their free stuff immediately.

Forum List

Back