Smith & Wesson sued for the Chicago Highland Park shooting. This is not satire.

Is it any wonder that Chicago has led the nation in violent crime and misery for 6 decades? Three generations of pointing fingers and blaming everyone except the true perpetrators of the carnage. Suing the GUN MANUFACTURER for one person's insanity? :confused-84:

The cult will not stop until all law abid citizens cannot defend themselves.

If you're going to hold gun manufacturers responsible for people who mis-use their product, then hold all manufactures responsible when people use their products for nefarious things.

Guns are different.
Trust me.
If you were an experienced gun owner or user...... you would know that.

--------------------------------------------------------
First, before my avatar gets into the nit-picky detail.....lemme, say, hell yes!

Sue the manufacturer. Unless and until manufacturers of this high-lethality iron are held more accountable....then we will get the same old same old. With angry socially isolated young white men shooting up WalMarts, holiday parades, music venues, elementary schools. The gun makers & peddlers do not have enough accountability and responsibility for the dangerous tools they make & sell. Give them a bigger bale-to-tote in responsibility and liability. Right now they are skating under the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA).

Of course, the game is in the details but right now, they are getting off nearly scot free in how they market their weaponry, and who they market it to. Lay more responsibility on 'em.
Then.....they may clean up their act.
---------------------------------------

OK, now to the nit-picking: Guys, your animosity towards Chicago has you wandering all over the landscape looking for someone to blame and lay on your burden of grievances.

Highland Park ain't Chicago.

It is a tony North Shore community, host of the world famous summerlong Ravinia music venue. Average household income = $231,000+, with 30,000 resident. 90% of whom are white.

---versus--

Chicago: Population 2.7 million. Median household income = $62,100

Lay down your heavy burden of being pissed-off at most everything.

You'll feel better.
Only mental midgets support suing the manufacturer.

Guns are different.
Trust me.
If you were an experienced gun owner or user...... you would know that.

I'm not only a gun user and owner, but have a CCW in my state. I fail to see the difference. Perhaps you can explain it to me.

The bottom line is the Communists want to disarm law abiding Americans. If you don't believe me, just go to Dementia's web site and read it for yourself. Or if you don't have time, I'll post the site for you and even point out the highlights at your request.

You see, Democrats are not stupid, they only act that way. They know if they can sue gun manufacturers and sellers out of business, there will be no place to buy guns from except illegal ones off the street. That would give us a society where only the criminals and police have the guns. Is that the society you want to see?

Frivolous lawsuits? Why not. I’d sue the City of Chicago for “decades of permissive violence on the part of city leaders”. Simply stated, I’d sue (blame) the City Mayor and leaders for perpetuating violence.

The bottom line is the Communists want to disarm law abiding Americans.
"Communists"??
Amigo, this is 2022......NOT.....1952.

You can crawl out of your backyard bomb-shelter. Nikita and Fidel can't hurt you anymore. You are living with an old tired boogeyman in your head.

Here's the deal, the framers of the 2nd Amendment did not intend for it to be a suicide note for the country. It was intended to have a well regulated armed militia to rise to arms if the nation was threatened again by Britain or any other such power. The makers and merchants of these civilian firearms bastardized the intent of the 2nd to create a lucrative market for them to make money in.

They cynically preyed upon the fears of rural whites that black hordes or unemployed crowds of criminals were itching to get at their daughters. Or, as in the case of the Sandy Hook/Remington marketing.....recklessly advertised this high lethality weapon as 'manly'. And hence, another socially isolated disturbed young white kid shoots up a school full of 6yr olds,

A gun is different than a swimming pool. The risks are different. The liability is different. I support the suggestion that the owner of record of a firearm is responsible/liable for any harm it may cause. That's not to take any onus off of, say, the thief who stole it when it was carelessly left under the seat of the F-150. But that owner cannot say..."Well, the thief shot the 7-11 clerk. Not me."

Well, he can say that. But it doesn't relieve him of a share of the liability. If you own it, you own the protection it offers. You own the harm it inflicts.

"Communists"??
Amigo, this is 2022......NOT.....1952.

You can crawl out of your backyard bomb-shelter. Nikita and Fidel can't hurt you anymore. You are living with an old tired boogeyman in your head.

Here's the deal, the framers of the 2nd Amendment did not intend for it to be a suicide note for the country. It was intended to have a well regulated armed militia to rise to arms if the nation was threatened again by Britain or any other such power. The makers and merchants of these civilian firearms bastardized the intent of the 2nd to create a lucrative market for them to make money in.

They cynically preyed upon the fears of rural whites that black hordes or unemployed crowds of criminals were itching to get at their daughters. Or, as in the case of the Sandy Hook/Remington marketing.....recklessly advertised this high lethality weapon as 'manly'. And hence, another socially isolated disturbed young white kid shoots up a school full of 6yr olds,

A gun is different than a swimming pool. The risks are different. The liability is different. I support the suggestion that the owner of record of a firearm is responsible/liable for any harm it may cause. That's not to take any onus off of, say, the thief who stole it when it was carelessly left under the seat of the F-150. But that owner cannot say..."Well, the thief shot the 7-11 clerk. Not me."

Well, he can say that. But it doesn't relieve him of a share of the liability. If you own it, you own the protection it offers. You own the harm it inflicts.

Yes it is the exact same. If we hold gun manufacturers and sellers liable for how customers use their product, then let's hold all manufacturers of all products liable.

You leftists love making different rules for different people. it defies the concept of Equal Protections.

And while you foster the concept of suing gun dealers and makers out of business, your commie leaders are letting criminals back out on the streets in no time to commit more crime with guns. So why are they not liable for their actions when those criminals go out and commit more crimes?

Yes, Democrats are Communists. If you don't believe me, just go to the US Communist Party website and read their platform. You won't see much difference between theirs and the Democrat party. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig in the end.

"Folks, Democrats have two sets or rules: one set for them, and another set for the rest of us."
Rush Limbaugh

Well, the good poster Ray can go there on those kinds of incidents. But I wouldn't.

Rather, I view it as a 'guns-are-different' ethos.
Guns don't take your kids to school, take you grocery shopping, or to work.

Today's civilian guns are high-lethality tools, easily concealed, highly portable, and meant to kill, threaten or protect. Autos ain't like that. Swimming pools ain't like that.

Guns are different.
In an altogether different category.
Hence a new view of liability and responsibility can be applied.
Because?
Well, because guns are different.
The vast majority of firearms never harm or kill anyone.

Now, I'd like to see examples of this terrifying marketing you're talking about, because I don't see firearms advertised in any newspapers, magazines, TV shows or browser pop-up ads. Also don't hear them on the radio. Going by them, guns don't even exist.

Apparently you haven't been to Chicago, LA, NYC, or any other large leftist controlled city or you wouldn't claim there is nothing to fear. Your grasp on modern reality is nowhere near what you think it is.

We need a national law of loser pays all. Sue anybody you like, but if you lose, you are responsible for all costs associated with the person or entity you attempted to sue. That would eliminate all these BS lawsuits that plug up our court system with ambulance chasers and thieves. Of course that will never happen because so many of our law makers were attorneys and want to keep this kind of crap going for their associates. Plus if they don't get re-elected, they can always fall back on their legal career.
You got it Ray! America's court system, justice priorities, and prison system is fkd up.

The one thing good about having you around Ray, is that you're always quick to blow the whistle on your country's fk ups.

This time you blow the whistle 3 or 4 times!

The only thing is Ray, you never offer any kind of solutions to fix the problems!

You sort of Americans only ever offer dumb ideas that make things worse!
-------------------------------------------------

How about trying to treat black people like equals, instead of encouraging the police to gun them down? Hmmmm?

Yer welcome!

You got it Ray! America's court system, justice priorities, and prison system is fkd up.

The one thing good about having you around Ray, is that you're always quick to blow the whistle on your country's fk ups.

This time you blow the whistle 3 or 4 times!

The only thing is Ray, you never offer any kind of solutions to fix the problems!

You sort of Americans only ever offer dumb ideas that make things worse!
-------------------------------------------------

How about trying to treat black people like equals, instead of encouraging the police to gun them down? Hmmmm?

Yer welcome!

You only know what the puppet masters tell you to know. But reality is just as many whites (and unarmed whites) are gunned down by police as blacks. While blacks makeup a smaller percentage of our population, they lead the country per capita in all violent crime categories such as over 50% of our murders are conducted by just 7% of our population which are black males.

When you know the facts it changes the story. But the problem is the MSM doesn't report stories about whites being gunned down by police, so it gives those who don't look into it the impression these things only happen to blacks. It's a total lie.

Our country has many problems with our political system, but you can't change things when people keep electing the wrong representatives. Look at us now. This is the closest we have been to a nuclear conflict since the mid 60's. The guy that brought us here has a 38% approval rating.

You only know what the puppet masters tell you to know. But reality is just as many whites (and unarmed whites) are gunned down by police as blacks. While blacks makeup a smaller percentage of our population, they lead the country per capita in all violent crime categories such as over 50% of our murders are conducted by just 7% of our population which are black males.

When you know the facts it changes the story. But the problem is the MSM doesn't report stories about whites being gunned down by police, so it gives those who don't look into it the impression these things only happen to blacks. It's a total lie.

Our country has many problems with our political system, but you can't change things when people keep electing the wrong representatives. Look at us now. This is the closest we have been to a nuclear conflict since the mid 60's. The guy that brought us here has a 38% approval rating.
I tend to believe all the horrible things you tell me about America Ray.
You're useful for that purpose alone.

There's no doubt at all that America has created a huge race and racism problem.

I tend to believe all the horrible things you tell me about America Ray.
You're useful for that purpose alone.

There's no doubt at all that America has created a huge race and racism problem.

How so? We passed law after law to favor people of color. In fact they even went against our own Constitution to do it. There is very little racism in our country. The Democrats blame any problem on race but that doesn't make it so. In most cases police use deadly force for self-defense. In fact it's the law.

But since you made the claim, what racism are you talking about; give us an example.

How so? We passed law after law to favor people of color. In fact they even went against our own Constitution to do it. There is very little racism in our country. The Democrats blame any problem on race but that doesn't make it so. In most cases police use deadly force for self-defense. In fact it's the law.

But since you made the claim, what racism are you talking about; give us an example.
Racism in America? I don't discuss matters with you when you get silly Ray.

Rephrasing then, the vast majority of firearm owners never harm or kill anyone with their firearms. Heck, even the majority of LEO never fire their guns at a suspect, much less kill anyone.

Correct. If you go to a nice safe middle-class city, make a law that everybody must own a firearm, their crime statistics will not change. Now go to a high crime ghetto and make a law that nobody but police are allowed a firearm, their crime rate won't change either.

The guns change nothing because they are an inanimate object. They don't think like humans do.

Correct. If you go to a nice safe middle-class city, make a law that everybody must own a firearm, their crime statistics will not change. Now go to a high crime ghetto and make a law that nobody but police are allowed a firearm, their crime rate won't change either.

The guns change nothing because they are an inanimate object. They don't think like humans do.
And, quite frankly, if you take a few city blocks out of the equation, the US becomes as safe as virtually every other 1st world country.

"Yes it is the exact same. If we hold gun manufacturers and sellers liable for how customers use their product, then let's hold all manufacturers of all products liable.......You leftists love making different rules for different people. it defies the concept of Equal Protections."
OK, cool. A gun is the same as an automobile, the same as a swimming pool.
Therefore, the licensing, fees, periodic reviews of qualifications, the liability insurance need be on a par then.
It would seem.

"The vast majority of firearms never harm or kill anyone."

True that.
Same with automobiles. Same with poisons.
Yet licensing, permits, qualifications to own/operate a vehicle are more onerous and more regular than owning a high lethality, easily portable, easily concealed weapon.
How lethal? How portable? How concealable?
Well, Adam Lanza could have informed us. The shooter at Uvalde could have too. So could Stephen Paddock of Mandalay Bay. So can those 15yr old gang-bangers who have their Glock21 tucked in their waistbands.

Go figger.

Forum List

Back