Highland Park shooting suspect’s father faces charges for sponsoring son’s gun license

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Well the father knew that his son was unbalanced but still sponsored his license. There should be a reckoning for that.

Of more concern is the fact that the boys behaviour was known to the authorities and yet did not show on his application.

Is that a system failure or humn error ? Very often different agencies do not share information. Is this such a case ?

Last edited:
Well the father knew that his son was unbalanced but still sponsored his license. There should be a reckining for that.

Of more concern is the fact that the boys behaviour was known to the authorities and yet did not show on his application.

Is that a system failure or humn error ? Very often different agencies do not share information. Is this such a case ?

Will Joe face charges for Hunter's false handgun application?

Will Joe face charges for Hunter's false handgun application?
Did Joe help Hunter get his firearm like the father did with his son in Chicago?

Did Hunter use his firearm in a mass shooting killing innocent bystanders?

If the answer is no on both then you have your damn answer!
Well the father knew that his son was unbalanced but still sponsored his license. There should be a reckining for that.

Father is actually responsible and those that will try to derail this thread should understand that the father actions set in motion the mass shooting that occur…

Now had the father said no and didn’t help the kid get his license then we have no clue if the mass killer would have gone the illegal route.

Also Tommy the father signature was needed because the kid had a record and that is why Illinois granted the firearm, so the father is accountable for his son actions but those that want to troll you will disagree with this…

Did Joe help Hunter get his firearm like the father did with his son in Chicago?

Father is actually responsible and those that will try to derail this thread should understand that the father actions set in motion the mass shooting that occur…

Now had the father said no and didn’t help the kid get his license then we have no clue if the mass killer would have gone the illegal route.

Also Tommy the father signature was needed because the kid had a record and that is why Illinois granted the firearm, so the father is accountable for his son actions but those that want to troll you will disagree with this…
So how did this stuff not appear on his record when he applied ? It just seems to be a simple thing to check. A part of the process.

Well the father knew that his son was unbalanced but still sponsored his license. There should be a reckoning for that.

The gun background check system in this country by design is full of holes.

Here in Illinois, the ability to own a gun in this state requires one to only spend $11.00 to get a Firearms Owner's Identification Card. Which means is all you have to do is pinky-swear you are not a criminal or mentally ill.

Father should at least charged as an accessory.

But to believe this young man would not have acquired a firearm by less legal ways is absurd.

His history of violence and destruction proves he would have done something similar at some point

But to believe this young man would not have acquired a firearm by less legal ways is absurd.

His history of violence and destruction proves he would have done something similar at some point
I believe he would have sought to obtain the firearm illegally but what I believe matter not until it happens…

As a country I have a difficult time with this...............as a country we knew by 2004 that George Bush was unbalanced. That he would lie the country into wars that killed many young men needlessly but still we gave him the keys to the countries gun cabinet again.

As a country we are nothing if not hypocritical.

Yup. I dont doubt that he could have picked up a gun from somewhere.

But if you have a system then it should work If this kid was given a license in error there is culpability there.

As with any problem you should tackle the low hanging fruit first.

seems a little extreme…should a parent be charged for helping their kid get a DL if the kid gets a DUI or wreaks ansd kills someone?

Irrelevant

Guns are bad, Hunter got a bad gun, Joe should pay, right?

Yup. I dont doubt that he could have picked up a gun from somewhere.

But if you have a system then it should work If this kid was given a license in error there is culpability there.

As with any problem you should tackle the low hanging fruit first.
Let me say it again, the father signature is what bypassed the system.

It means without the father endorsement the kid would have never gotten the firearm legally.

Maybe this will explain it better for you…

It means without the father endorsement the kid would have never gotten the firearm legally.

Maybe this will explain it better for you…
interesting…which begs the question why did hunter lie to get his gun? had he not lied, he wouldn’t of got the gun…what was hunter planning on doing with the illegal gun?

Irrelevant

Guns are bad, Hunter got a bad gun, Joe should pay, right?
Wow, trolling is a lost art I tell ya!

Do me a favor and gloss through all my threads under this name, and Bruce T Laney and show me where I advocated that firearms are bad?

Next, seeing Joe Biden never signed for his son to have the firearm mean it is Apple to Oranges when comparing the two or just fucking retarded I say!

You want to bring Biden up why?

Wow, trolling is a lost art I tell ya!

Do me a favor and gloss through all my threads under this name, and Bruce T Laney and show me where I advocated that firearms are bad?

Next, seeing Joe Biden never signed for his son to have the firearm mean it is Apple to Oranges when comparing the two or just fucking retarded I say!

You want to bring Biden up why?
Joe’s unwilling to prosecute his son for lying on a federal gun application is essentially his sign of approval…his signature

It states that NO ONE attempted to file charges. This would include law enforcement and the state that arrived the night he was threatening to kill himself.

NO ONE wanted to get him help. People argue and fight against programs that would get people mental health coverage. No one is will to discuss what we can do as a country with those with issues.

And this is what we get.

The article disagrees with the bolded part here….

Maybe this will explain it better for you…The parent should not be a part of the process
It sounds like a process designed in gentler times. The parent should not be able to bypass the system.
Is finance the issue in updating the system or is it political will ?

Forum List

Back