Highland Park shooting suspect’s father faces charges for sponsoring son’s gun license

See, this is why before you just type what's in your head you should take a minute to make sure you have your facts straight...
Why don’t you go fuck yourself and admit the stupid father was wrong and the kid couldn’t get the guns without him?

That part wasn’t wrong and what I got wrong was the part he wasn’t convicted of anything!

So why don’t you stop being the arrogant asshole you are?

A part of the process.
Due process.

In the United States, one cannot be rendered a prohibited persons absent due process – such as being convicted in a court of law of a felony or adjudicated mentally incompetent by a judge.

Those with mental health issues not adjudicated mentally incompetent cannot be rendered prohibited persons because they haven’t been afforded due process.

And they cannot be denied possession of a firearm pursuant to a NICS background check because they’re not included in the database of prohibited persons.

That the authorities might be aware of someone’s mental health issues alone isn’t sufficient to deny someone possession of a firearm.

Mental health provision in the UK was decimated by thatcher and never restored.
And we have the same problem in the United States – conservatives’ wrongheaded, unwarranted opposition to expanding state Medicaid or otherwise ensuring that all Americans have access to affordable healthcare – including mental healthcare.

Conservatives are quick to blame mental illness as the cause of mass shootings but are unwilling to do anything to facilitate those mentally ill getting the help they need that would likely prevent mass shootings from happening.

Wrong....when you buy a gun you have to have a Federal Background check, you lying doofus.

Wrong.

Private intrastate firearm sales between residents of the same state do not require a background check.

Only 15 states have UBC provisions.

No one should have to pay the government to exercise their Constitutional right.
In your opinion.

As a fact of law, however, requiring fees to exercise one’s Constitutional rights are perfectly lawful, such as permit fees to exercise the First Amendment right of freedom of assembly.

With regard to the Second Amendment, the courts have upheld as Constitutional firearm registration and licensing fees.

Well the father knew that his son was unbalanced but still sponsored his license. There should be a reckoning for that.

Damn straight. That is the same reason why I would never sponsor you to get a dog license. Lessons learned, anyone short of straight A honor roll students who are models of the community and the QB on the football team should ever be sponsored to own a handgun. :smoke:

People who live outside the box, are talented, quirky, artistic, individualistic need not apply.

Tommy has made it clear to live in fear of everyone who are in any way different from you. :smoke:

Proof that your firearm is registered in a federal database.
Can’t agree with this as it would manifest as government excess and overreach.

But other provisions are perfectly appropriate and lawful.

And in fact the Second Amendment right is not ‘unlimited’ – it is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.

Why don’t you go fuck yourself and admit the stupid father was wrong and the kid couldn’t get the guns without him?

That part wasn’t wrong and what I got wrong was the part he wasn’t convicted of anything!

So why don’t you stop being the arrogant asshole you are?
Oh, I see....You only like the arrogance that you libs project toward those who disagree with you....See, the problem with you people is that you can sure dish it out, but suck when it's your turn to take it....

If I hadn't pointed out that you were wrong you'd be more than happy to repeat your untruth, and do it so many times that you'd start calling it fact....I know how people like you operate....

In your opinion.

As a fact of law, however, requiring fees to exercise one’s Constitutional rights are perfectly lawful, such as permit fees to exercise the First Amendment right of freedom of assembly.

There is no such thing. There are places that charge them but you do not have to pay them to legally assemble to do something like protest.

With regard to the Second Amendment, the courts have upheld as Constitutional firearm registration and licensing fees.

I stated that one should never have to pay the government to exercise a right. Sadly there are times the government believes we should. I'd never do it. As noted, I do not own a gun but if I wanted one I would buy one from a neighbor. No registration, no fee.

Still not the same between an accident and shooting someone. A person with limited intelligence obviously needs this pointed out to them.

Yeah....cars kill more people accidentally than criminals do intentionally with guns.......so cars are far more dangerous than guns.

Forum List

Back