Skins: "The Most Dangerous Show on Television"

"Dangerous"?

C'mon.

It's not society's problem if parent's are too weak to even enforce what their kids see on television.

If that's the case, you've got bigger problems than the television.

If that's the case, they probably shouldn't send their kids outside. That sun gives off cancer if you stand in front of it long enough. :eusa_shhh:

You mustn't be a parent or teacher. Or you think it's ok for children to engage in prostitution and illegal drugs - without consequence.

Wouldn't it be refreshing if MTV did an honest "realistic" depiction of high school kids? Fat kids smoking cigarettes, littering, and playing video games until 4 a.m.? Or would that be too offensive?

Parents do not monitor teenagers' media. Unless a parent wants to spend 24/7 with their older children, it is IMPOSSIBLE to prevent them from seeing trash like this. What I'd like to see is all sponsors boycott the show.

So when you have no argument, you resort to these kind of arguments. Pathetic.

This is more Big Government Social Conservative behavior from you.

How does spitting out a couple of kids give you the latitude to decide what can and can't come across my television?

I guess being a parent suddenly gives you some wisdom as soon as the kid is born that the rest of us don't have. Maybe they have some special decoder rings too?

How does spitting out a couple of kids give you the latitude to decide what can and can't come across my television?

I guess being a parent suddenly gives you some wisdom as soon as the kid is born that the rest of us don't have. Maybe they have some special decoder rings too?

Why don't you have a kid and then decide if you want your 14 year old daughter watching it.... Maybe you can throw Debbie Does Dallas in the DVD player for her.

MTV is a prime example of the free market at work.

That's capitalism.

Deal with it.

Personally, its been 5 or 6 years, at least, since I've allowed my TV to even pass that channel.

Not wisdom.

But definitely perspective.

In the case of this thread, a skewed one it seems.

A.) If you can't control what your kid watches on television, it's going to be a mighty big problem when they start going out at night.

B.) The assumption here is that the kids will watch the show and suddenly engage in sex, drugs, and rock and or roll. Seriously, can't sit down with the kid and treat them like an adult? EZ's kid seems to have a strong head on her shoulders, as do millions of other teenagers.

This is like saying after I watch Goodfellas, I'm gonna go out there and try to become a gangster. Ridiculous rhetoric best left to ridiculous people.

May not be a great idea, but it's just the way it is.
Typical fucking murkin.
That's exactly why that nation is FINISHED.

Still better than whatever pussy ass country you live in retard.

Brilliant.....coming from an asshole dumb enough to live in Baltimore.
Baltimorestan. Gawd. If you're going to live in murka could't you find somewhere else ? Like Colorado or Va. or Missouri or Florida or Idaho, Ca. WA, Oregon, or................

Get a passport and go educate yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not wisdom.

But definitely perspective.

In the case of this thread, a skewed one it seems.

A.) If you can't control what your kid watches on television, it's going to be a mighty big problem when they start going out at night.

B.) The assumption here is that the kids will watch the show and suddenly engage in sex, drugs, and rock and or roll. Seriously, can't sit down with the kid and treat them like an adult? EZ's kid seems to have a strong head on her shoulders, as do millions of other teenagers.

This is like saying after I watch Goodfellas, I'm gonna go out there and try to become a gangster. Ridiculous rhetoric best left to ridiculous people.

Modbert, I don't give a fuck about you.

I'm concerned about the kids who haven't already experienced the pathetic existence that is your life.

Do you think a 12 year-old, who is spending the night at a friend's house, who happens to have a TV in her room, has enough experience to separate what is "cool" from what is responsible.

Kids don't just soak up the wisdom of their parents the first time their parent tells them "that isn't a good choice, and let me tell you why."

If they did, you wouldn't be arguing about children from a child-less adult's perspective.

Why don't you have a kid and then decide if you want your 14 year old daughter watching it.... Maybe you can throw Debbie Does Dallas in the DVD player for her.

Spoiler Alert: If I had a kid, would they probably be watching this? Probably not. Why? Because in the first place, they wouldn't probably enjoy any show on MTV.

Secondly, if they did, it's called parental responsibility if you think the kid shouldn't watch it. This means being responsible for one's own kids, not trying to be essentially the parent for every other kid by saying what should and what should not be censored.

Thirdly, I see the assumption continued that if a kid watched a movie that is rated R or PG-13 that they're suddenly going to become crazy sex addicts, huge drug users, or perhaps crazy serial killers. It's ridiculous.

I'm concerned about the kids who haven't already experienced the pathetic existence that is your life.

Do you think a 12 year-old, who is spending the night at a friend's house, who happens to have a TV in her room, has enough experience to separate what is "cool" from what is responsible.

Kids don't just soak up the wisdom of their parents the first time their parent tells them "that isn't a good choice, and let me tell you why."

If they did, you wouldn't be arguing about children from a child-less adult's perspective.

Seriously, the attempted use of insults (which failed btw) doesn't make your argument any better. So let's take your example, what do we do with the 12 year old? Ban them from forever going over their friend's house? Sit them down and explain to them why they can't watch the show? Or try to get the show banned from television because it offends your moral sensitivity?

If that's the case, maybe some people should of tried to get Jerry Falwell's offensive ass thrown off the airwaves. Don't need my kids flipping through the 700 Club and seeing that piece of filth spew stuff like 9/11 was the fault of Homosexuals.

Or, I could change the channel. What a novel concept huh? You seem to have no concept of the Pandora's box you want to jam open.

Fun Fact: When Elvis first appeared on television, he was not allowed to be shot from the waist down. There were plenty of parents then too saying he was the reason for the moral decay of society and that he should be removed from television.

Seriously, the attempted use of insults (which failed btw) doesn't make your argument any better. So let's take your example, what do we do with the 12 year old? Ban them from forever going over their friend's house? Sit them down and explain to them why they can't watch the show? Or try to get the show banned from television because it offends your moral sensitivity?

If that's the case, maybe some people should of tried to get Jerry Falwell's offensive ass thrown off the airwaves. Don't need my kids flipping through the 700 Club and seeing that piece of filth spew stuff like 9/11 was the fault of Homosexuals.

Or, I could change the channel. What a novel concept huh?

You're going to have a hard time changing the channel when your daughter is out with her friends, walking around the neighborhood watching it via the Internet on her playmate's smart phone.

But good luck with that. I'm sure with your omniscience, it will be (forgive the pun) "child's play."

You'll "get it" if you ever have kids, but in a nutshell, it boils down to this:

This world isn't all about you.

If the Free Market has decided its OK for this show to exist, which clearly it has, its not up to anyone BUT the parent to be PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE for their own child(ren's) TV watching habits.

If it means blocking that channel or not paying for cable at all...that's what it takes.

Pull yourselves up by your own bootstraps and take some PERSONAL RESPONSIBILTY, we don't need no stinkin Big Government telling us what to and what not to watch!

Or, I could change the channel. What a novel concept huh?

You're going to have a hard time changing the channel when your daughter is out with her friends, walking around the neighborhood watching it via the Internet on her playmate's smart phone.

But good luck with that. I'm sure with your omniscience, it will be (forgive the pun) "child's play."

You'll "get it" if you ever have kids, but in a nutshell, it boils down to this:

This world isn't all about you.

You're going to have a hard time keeping that joint off of your daughter's lips when she is out with her friends, walking around the neighborhood, etc

You're going to have a hard time keeping bottle out of your daughter's hands when she is out with her friends, walking around the neighborhood, etc

You're going to have a hard time keeping your daughter's panties on when she is out with her friends, walking around the neighborhood, etc

You're going to have a hard time keeping your daughter's seatbelt buckled when she is out with her friends, walking around the neighborhood, etc

etc, etc, etc

You're going to have a hard time keeping that joint off of your daughter's lips when she is out with her friends, walking around the neighborhood, etc

You're going to have a hard time keeping bottle out of your daughter's hands when she is out with her friends, walking around the neighborhood, etc

You're going to have a hard time keeping your daughter's panties on when she is out with her friends, walking around the neighborhood, etc

You're going to have a hard time keeping your daughter's seatbelt buckled when she is out with her friends, walking around the neighborhood, etc

etc, etc, etc

Like I said earlier, I guess Mini 14 and Chanel better not let their kids outside.

Typical fucking murkin.
That's exactly why that nation is FINISHED.

Still better than whatever pussy ass country you live in retard.

Brilliant.....coming from an asshole dumb enough to live in Baltimore.
Baltimorestan. Gawd. If you're going to live in murka could't you find somewhere else ? Like Colorado or Va. or Missouri or Florida or Idaho, Ca. WA, Oregon, or................

Get a passport and go educate yourself.

You type like shit, you need to take more remedial English classes because even someone with downs syndrome has you beat at the English language.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back