Sinema to deliver a Senate floor "double down" against Biden's filibuster attacks

seriously? you like her? i couldn't roll my eyes harder at her speech
She was a little long winded and whiny, but she stuck to her principles regarding the filibuster, so I can respect that.
Plus, anyone who thwarts the marxists in their attempts to kill this country deserves support, dem or repub.

If I were Sinema and a vote came up to lower the outrageously high cost of prescription drugs, I’d think twice if I want to get re-elected in Arizona to vote against that. If I were Manchin and I know that tens of thousands of struggling families in West Virginia benefited from the expansion of the child tax credit, I’d think long and hard before I voted against it.

In politics, you don’t want people with big money angry at you. But in order to accomplish progressive ends, you often have to anger them, and Senator Sinema doesn’t have that type of guts
Apparently she does.

She and Manchin are the only ones stopping the entire democrat party making one more step on the road to authoritarianism.

Sinema used to be a hardcore progressive. Was she bitten by a radioactive Ted Cruz or something?

Sinema used to be a hardcore progressive. Was she bitten by a radioactive Ted Cruz or something?
No. She still is a 'hardcore progressive.'

It is only hubris that would make one believe that you must agree with destroying senate norms that are 200 years old to be a 'progressive.'

No it fucking would not be okay, it would be an end to the filibuster period.

It was not the republicans that took away the filibuster for nominees, that was the democrats and it fucked them over when it was time for them to have a voice in SCOTUS nominees.

And here they are, doing the same fucking insane thing again.

Yeah it was. They always try to deflect to Harry Reid (and the Rubes believe), but it was McConnell without question.

"By a simple majority vote, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., set a new precedent in the Senate that will ease the confirmation for President Trump's Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch on Friday, after 30 more hours of debate on the floor.

"This will be the first, and last, partisan filibuster of a Supreme Court justice," said McConnell in a closing floor speech.

Senate Democrats voted against ending debate on Gorsuch's nomination on a near party-line vote, leaving Republicans shy the 60-vote hurdle required by Senate rules to move on to a final confirmation vote.

Democrats opposed Gorsuch for a variety of reasons, including his conservative judicial philosophy, dissatisfaction with his answers during his confirmation hearings and a simmering resentment towards McConnell's decision to block any consideration of President Obama's nominee Merrick Garland last year."

No. She still is a 'hardcore progressive.'

It is only hubris that would make one believe that you must agree with destroying senate norms that are 200 years old to be a 'progressive.'
*no-talk filibuster is from 1975

Filibusters were not common until the late 1800s, which sparked reform in 1917. Did they destroy cherished norms in 1917? 1975?

Are you destroying cherished norms to speak out to protect the changes to the old norms in 1917 and 1975?

ahahahahahahahaha

omg

please, keep going. This is hilarious. The best part is that you have no research or logic to present. Good stuff.
Well none that a dolt like you would understand. I mean the one lab in China that could produce the virus is in Wuhan. The virus originates in Wuhan. You think its a coincidence. And then you blame racism for your stupidity. Can't make this stuff up. You defend China and China is as racist as it gets.

Well none that a dolt like you would understand.
hahahaha

Now this is your excuse? You can't present any logic or research on a public forum, because another poster there cant understand it?

Can ANYONE understand it? Are the logic and research in the room with us right now? :auiqs.jpg:
talking-is-the-best-therapy-picture-id176577862

Forum List

Back