Liz Warren leading charge to forgive student debt, Navient pays $2 billion settlement for giving loans to students who cant pay them back

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
Dems bailed out banks who made shitty loans that led to the housing bubble bursting in 2009. Why didn't those banks pay the people? Why did THE TAXPAYER BAIL OUT THE BANKS?

This victim mentality is terrible. YOU BORROWED THE FUCKING MONEY....it's on you to repay!

“Navient repeatedly and deliberately put profits ahead of its borrowers – it engaged in deceptive and abusive practices, targeted students who it knew would struggle to pay loans back, and placed an unfair burden on people trying to improve their lives through education,” Shapiro said. “Today’s settlement corrects Navient’s past behavior, provides much needed relief to Pennsylvania borrowers, and puts in place safeguards to ensure this company never preys on student loan borrowers again.”

This is how Warren becomes the left's new love. If the right doesn't take this woman seriously they'll regret it. Same goes for AOC.

Will the ones who dutifully repaid their loans be reimbursed?

No because fuck responsible people. The current administration only cares about coddling the weak, inept, and stupid.

If I take out a loan for a home mortgage and decide I don't want to pay it I don't get to keep the house while someone else pays for it.

Even if the terms are God awful it's still not the loaners fault for not reading it and thinking if they can handle it.

No because fuck responsible people. The current administration only cares about coddling the weak, inept, and stupid.

If I take out a loan for a home mortgage and decide I don't want to pay it I don't get to keep the house while someone else pays for it.

Even if the terms are God awful it's still not the loaners fault for not reading it and thinking if they can handle it.

My husband and I repaid ours. It's insulting to me to even suggest this BS

The student who default on their loans should have any of their educational credentials revoked.

If you get a car or home loan, and cannot afford to repay the loan the bank REPOSSESSES or FORECLOSES on the unpaid asset.

It should not be any different for education. It is also a commodity with a value.

If you can't repay then don't borrow.

It's that simple
It's really not that simple. We have set up the system to make young people think they'll be losers if they don't go to college. Our society pressures young people into college and then prays on their naivety and ignorance with predatory debt. Then you want to give them the cold shoulder? Talk about ruthless.

We tack trillions onto the debt like it's nothing. Doing that one time for student loan debt would empower countless millions of young people. Conservatives fail to see the benefit in empowering young people. Maybe they just don't care because it's not really going to benefit them personally. I don't know why people call conservatives nationalists. They're really not anything of the sort.

It's really not that simple. We have set up the system to make young people think they'll be losers if they don't go to college. Our society pressures young people into college and then prays on their naivety and ignorance with predatory debt.

We tack trillions onto the debt like it's nothing. Doing that one time for debt would empower countless millions of young people. Conservatives fail to see the benefit in empowering young people. Maybe they just don't care because it's not really going to benefit them personally. I don't know why people call conservatives nationalists. They're really not anything of the sort.

Yes it is that simple.

My husband and I repaid ours and I have no desire to be paying off others.

Taxes pay it you befuddled loon.

Goddamn you're dumb
That's nice sweetheart.

I'm not worried about it because I think China might do an okay job once they take over. They're big on science and they know how to get shit done.

Forum List

Back