Similarities between today and the Civil War

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
1. Both the Civil War and the chaos today were unleashed by Democrats who wouldn't accept the results of a Presidential election.

2. Both the Civil War and the chaos today involve treason, destruction of property, and murder -- by the Democrats.

3. In both the Civil War and the chaos today -- most property being destroyed is owned by the Democrats and most people getting killed are Democrats.

4. The result will be the same -- a Republican President will be re-elected.

The big ones:

1. White supremacist slavery-loving conservatives are behind stoking the violence.

2;. Those slavers were terrified by their leaders with faked stories of violent blacks. The average southern soldier (not counting unwilling draftees) was fighting to keep slavery.

3. Those slavers had their asses handed to them, just like the modern republicans will.

4. Those slavers never stopped blubbering about it, just like the modern republicans will do.

The big ones:

1. White supremacist slavery-loving conservatives are behind stoking the violence.

2;. Those slavers were terrified by their leaders with faked stories of violent blacks. The average southern soldier (not counting unwilling draftees) was fighting to keep slavery.

3. Those slavers had their asses handed to them.

4. Those slavers never stopped blubbering about it.
You're a moron. What you said is so stupid I won't bother to debate you.

The big ones:

3. Those slavers had their asses handed to them.

4. Those slavers never stopped blubbering about it.
Actually shit for brains most soldiers didn't own any slaves, they were fighting because a foreign army invaded their land. As I said before, slavery was not the issue for the soldiers, the democrat party back then is NOT the democrat party of today, Lincoln was a tyrannical thug and anyone who thinks he is a hero is also a fucking idiot.

Looks like Trump lost the Plaza at the White House. He must have to close his eyes flying over all that bright yellow paint.
Untitled-3-2.jpg

Last edited:
Actually shit for brains most soldiers didn't own any slaves,

So? It's not relevant.

What did happen was that the southern leaders fed the common folk nonstop drivel about how free blacks would run around murdering and raping. You know, kind of like today. The average southern soldier was so terrified of that, he very willingly and deliberately fought to keep slavery in place. The whole Confederate Army was fighting for slavery. They were not heroes, they were slaver-accomplices.

they were fighting because a foreign army invaded their land.

No. The south started the violence first, with many armed attacks on federal property before Ft. Sumter happened. The south also raised an army first. Lincoln only raised an army in response to that.

As I said before, slavery was not the issue for the soldiers,

And you were wrong. I'm guessing you've only seen propaganda instead of actual history.

the democrat party back then is NOT the democrat party of today,

True. Back then they were slavers. Today Republicans have taken that side.

Lincoln was a tyrannical thug and anyone who thinks he is a hero is also a fucking idiot.

You've really been brainwashed by slaver propaganda. I don't know if I'll be able to deprogram you. Suffice it to say you're just talking crazy.

Actually shit for brains most soldiers didn't own any slaves,

So? It's not relevant.

What did happen was that the southern leaders fed the common folk nonstop drivel about how free blacks would run around murdering and raping. You know, kind of like today. The average southern soldier was so terrified of that, he very willingly and deliberately fought to keep slavery in place. The whole Confederate Army was fighting for slavery. They were not heroes, they were slaver-accomplices.

they were fighting because a foreign army invaded their land.

No. The south started the violence first, with many armed attacks on federal property before Ft. Sumter happened. The south also raised an army first. Lincoln only raised an army in response to that.

As I said before, slavery was not the issue for the soldiers,

And you were wrong. I'm guessing you've only seen propaganda instead of actual history.

the democrat party back then is NOT the democrat party of today,

True. Back then they were slavers. Today Republicans have taken that side.

Lincoln was a tyrannical thug and anyone who thinks he is a hero is also a fucking idiot.

You've really been brainwashed by slaver propaganda. I don't know if I'll be able to deprogram you. Suffice it to say you're just talking crazy.
No point in refuting your horseshit but do try and look up the media AND politicians in his own party Lincoln locked up and he suspended habeas corpus.

but do try and look up the media AND politicians in his own party Lincoln locked up and he suspended habeas corpus.

A power granted to presidents in wartime. It was wartime. Actual wartime, not a made up war on terror or war on demonstrators.

Initially, Lincoln only suspended it for areas along rail lines leading to DC. Pretty mild for wartime. And when he suspended it in full in 1863, he did so with full congressional approval.

The policies of the Confederacy in that regard were far worse. The Confederacy immediately suspended habeus corpus, in full. If you didn't declare open loyalty to the Confederacy, you were jailed. They confiscated private property at will, and they severely restricted civilian travel. Lincoln and the Union were saints in comparison.

Forum List

Back