Sick of this 1/06 polemic

"And the democrats ...... bailed out rioters for almost a year......"
"..protesting doesn't involve arson or looting." *
"When you burn down cities"
-----------------------------------------------
Whew!!
W-H-E-R-E in God's name do you get this stuff? You should know it is hyperbolic nonsense.

There are published figures of over 14,000 people being arrested during the social justice protests of 2020. Many of them were fined, and jailed. Many are awaiting trial. Others sit in jail now.

In my own city the violence that emerged late in that day as evening set in was done by white suburbanites. Teenagers and ne'er-do-well vandals. The police videos captured them, those pics got published, those perps were identified, and they got arrested. One just recently was sentenced to a year in jail for throwing a brick at the window of an empty police cruiser.

It is true a lot of those arrested at the violent Capitol breaching await trial or have plead. Whereas a significant number of the social justice rioters who were charged had those charges dropped.
But there are determinative reasons for each:

1. The cases were harder to prove on the social justice people....no witnesses who could definitively identify; chaotic scenes with multiple mobile actors with police not being able to definitively identify who was who, and who did what. Nonetheless, a significant number were arrested and tried or plead. (see the analysis by the Associated Press where they examined over 300 cases associated with the Floyd unrest. It showed that most people who got arrested were dealt with harshly by the local courts.)

2. On the other hand, with the Capitol attackers, well, they very conveniently for the prosecutors took their own pictures and posted 'em on social media; or they paraded in front of security cams, professional news-crew's cams, or one of their companions took pics and posted 'em. In short, the evidence against the Capitol attackers was of better quality. Easier to admit in court, easier to understand, more definitive, and thus easier to get a warrant, and ultimately a conviction

Lastly, no "cities were burned down". That is reckless irresponsible hyperbole intended only to advance a polemic. Or, it is a proof of lack of homework, due diligence, of seriousness of purpose.

Sure, some buildings got burned, some neighborhoods were badly damaged, some police cruisers and private vehicles got burned or damaged.

But no---zero----nada----"cities got burned down".
Make your argument as best you can good poster Mary, but know that silly, easily disproved statements do not add gravitas to your avatar.

They make readers consider....'Well, if she makes up stuff on X, we should not believe her on Y.'

I'm pretty sure you know that is how the dynamics of credibility works. Lie to me once, you'll lie to me again.

Seriously, Mary, I appreciate your passion, but.....but you must read and listen to more than Alex Jones, Steve Bannon, or Sebastian Gorka.

-------------------------------------

* Well, OK, one more.

This one: "Protesting doesn't include burning and looting."

True that.
So the looting and vandalism at the Capitol, the violent assaulting of 140+ uniformed police was criminal.
It was NOT mere 'protesting'.
NOT a mere 'tourist tour'.
NOT 'demonstrating'.

Why isn't there an investigation against all the race riots and civil unrest since 2020 to this same level?

Threatening government officials of the United States​

Threatening government officials of the United States is a felony under federal law. Threatening the president of the United States is a felony under 18 U.S.C. § 871, punishable by up to 5 years of imprisonment, that is investigated by the United States Secret Service.[1] Threatening other officials is a Class D or C felony, usually carrying maximum penalties of 5 or 10 years under 18 U.S.C. § 875, 18 U.S.C. § 876 and other statutes, that is investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. When national boundaries are transcended by such a threat, it is considered a terrorist threat.[2]

When a threat is made against a judge, it can be considered obstruction of justice.[3] Threatening federal officials' family members is also a federal crime; in enacting the law, the Committee on the Judiciary stated that "Clearly it is a proper Federal function to respond to terrorists and other criminals who seek to influence the making of Federal policies and interfere with the administration of justice by attacking close relatives of those entrusted with these tasks."[4]

There are three elements of the offense of making an illegal threat: (i) there must be a transmission in interstate commerce; (ii) there must be a communication containing the threat; (iii) and the threat must be a threat to injure the person of another.[5] Threats can also sometimes be punished under the statutes criminalizing assaulting, resisting, or impeding certain United States Government officers or employees[6] or assassinating, kidnapping, and assaulting government officials of the United States.

United States Sentencing Guidelines take a number of factors into consideration in determining the recommended penalty, including evidence of the person's intent to carry out the threat; disruption to the government function; and the possibility of inciting others to violence.[7] There is also a 6-level official victim enhancement, which makes the recommended penalty, per the sentencing table, approximately double that which would apply if an ordinary citizen were the victim.[8] There can be many motives for making threats, including political motives or a desire to frame someone else for making the threat.[9] The person's intent can greatly affect the sentence.
Threatening government officials of the United States - Wikipedia

Why isn't there an investigation against all the race riots and civil unrest since 2020 to this same level?

Ok. Help me out. Help me understand why you view them the same.

Let’s take Portland. Let’s for the sake of argument say that the Riots in Portland literally destroy the city. I mean they burn the city to the ground. They make the city unloveable forevermore. Unlikely. But again that is the worst they can do.

What happens to the nation? Nothing. The Nation continues on as a Constitutional Republic. The 50 states continue on without any real problem. The Nation would suffer the equivalent of a Papercut. Annoying and painful for a short while. But nothing fatal to the whole.

Let’s say the folks on January 6th were successful. They forced Congress to recognize Trump as the President. Let’s say the mob killed a few key Political Figures. Pelosi as one example.

What happens to the Nation? It receives a blow to the heart. It dies on that day. We would no longer be a Constitutional Republic. We would be another tin pot third world shithole where those in power are kept there through force and violence.

So tell me. Tell me how these two things are really the same.

Its the same reason why the Charlotte car rampage was covered for months and is STILL frequently mentioned, while a racist who killed 6 times as many people 2 weeks ago isnt even a story at left wing news sources anymore. They covered it for about 2 days, but only because they had.

"Democrats ruin everything they touch, all the cities they control LA, SF, NYC just about all of them are in ruins...."

-----------------------------------------------
????? Sheeeesh!!

Good poster Mary, we gave you a chance to respond in a serious thoughtful manner. Instead, you double down and try to out-crazy poster Roshawn Markwees. Birds of a feather, some might say.

No! LA, SF, NYC are NOT in ruins. I was in both LA & SF recently…..and they looked pretty vibrant to me. Lotsa active people about doing their business, well dressed, poorly dressed, pretty people, and not so pretty, but busy people…. buying stuff, doing things, going places. Looked a lot like what I remember.

I’ve lived in both places and though construction has changed much of the landscape I knew and lived in…..it is sure pretty darn recognizable. But to say that they are “in ruins”, Mary, signals that you are not a serious person. Not a poster with gravitas who is willing or perhaps able to bring to this forum thoughtful, insightful discussion. A screecher of hyperbole. That's not a productive contribution.

I dunno, but you may live in some very rural community and seldom get out beyond your four walls. You may live where your internet connection cannot bring you the news of the nation from multiple sources. Or you may simply be willfully misinformed because you have come to
WANT to believe only facts that fit within your framework of misinformation.

Or you may simply be a Tucker Carlson / Alex Jones groupie who laps up their ‘Stoke-the-Rubes-for-Profit’ schtick.
I dunno.

But it is clear you are uninformed or misinformed.
Seemingly, willfully so.

It is sad as you have passion, but not studiousness or attention to detail. You do not come across on this venue as a serious or aware individual whose contributions are worth considering. No disrespect intended.

Which cities exactly are now nothing more than a smoldering pile of embers and no longer exist?
Are you even serious? :omg: NY-City, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Portland, Detroit, Kenosha/Milwaukee, St Louis, shall I continue dumb ass, I imagine you don't get out from that basement much do you?

Oh, and fuck you and fuck your government officials, government officials dumb ass, are precisely what the founders were envisioning as they crafted the 2nd amendment for the American people!!! ;)

Are you even serious? :omg: NY-City, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Portland, Detroit, Kenosha/Milwaukee, St Louis, shall I continue dumb ass, I imagine you don't get out from that basement much do you?

Oh, and fuck you and fuck your government officials, government officials dumb ass, are precisely what the founders were envisioning as they crafted the 2nd amendment for the American people!!! ;)
You, are one stupid mofo~
None of your mentioned cities are 'piles of embers'--nothing that has happened..other than the Jan. 6 kerfuffle, even compares to what went on during the 1960's.
Save yer drama for yer mama~

You, are one stupid mofo~
None of your mentioned cities are 'piles of embers'--nothing that has happened..other than the Jan. 6 kerfuffle, even compares to what went on during the 1960's.
Save yer drama for yer mama~
No sweetie-pie, you be the retard, nothing in the 60's came anywhere close to the rioting chaos you animals unleashed in 2019/20, it was coast to coast fucktard, and last I checked, California and NYC are largely "NO-GO-ZONES," handed over on platter dumb ass to your fellow dumb asses, who currently rape, murder, and plunder those entirely democratic party locked down states with near absolute impunity! :fu:

Forum List

Back