Zone1 Should these churches keep taxfree status?

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2014
Mother came home from church upset because the preacher told her California just legalized infant murder up to 30 days after birth. It's a small country church with mostly elderly members where they socialize and play dominoes before every sermon. By all appearances it's a lovely little church and the members love it, but are fed a constant diet of hateful lies under the guise of Christianity. Should these churches be allowed to avoid taxes while they distribute such lies?

Mother came home from church upset because the preacher told her California just legalized infant murder up to 30 days after birth. It's a small country church with mostly elderly members where they socialize and play dominoes before every sermon. By all appearances it's a lovely little church and the members love it, but are fed a constant diet of hateful lies under the guise of Christianity. Should these churches be allowed to avoid taxes while they distribute such lies?

Should all of the black churches that actively campaign for Democrats?

Probably it has Biblical standing. Politics and the Bible do collide from time to time.
This is not a battle that the legal system would take on.

You are the one spreading lies

But if libs want to end tax free churches I will agree if we end all the tax exemptions for godless private organizations also

Probably it has Biblical standing. Politics and the Bible do collide from time to time.
This is not a battle that the legal system would take on.
I don't see how. There are lots of examples in the bible where God supposedly condoned killing infants, but that church certainly isn't advocating such.

Not for the reason you mention, but I do wonder the same thing. The business of many churches is that, "business" itself and big business, at that. Tax-free status is a state support. On the whole, I still think good for society, but the extent of the business aspect bothers me. We have one down the interstate sometime referred to as Fort God, or Six Flags over Jesus. It is absolutely huge with it's own retirement community, more sports fields of varied types (multiple per sport) than you can imagine and even its own interstate exchange paid for by the church. I grew up in churches, but this isn't church. It is big business, making big money. I am not sure what to think on this subject.

I don't see how. There are lots of examples in the bible where God supposedly condoned killing infants, but that church certainly isn't advocating such.
Do yourself a favor and get off the religious site to promote baby killing and your cult DNC.

You are a partisan stooge embarrassment.

Please remember the whole reason the tax code was changed to stifle Church political speech was democrats at the time (50's and 60's) didn't like the politics coming from black pulpits in the south.

The law in question has always been unconstitutional.

Until the Church of Scientology is stripped of it's tax exempt status, the can all keep their tax exempt status... and you can go ahead and grant it to Raëlism, Eckankar, and the Church of Taylor Swift...

Until the Church of Scientology is stripped of it's tax exempt status, the can all keep their tax exempt status... and you can go ahead and grant it to Raëlism, Eckankar, and the Church of Taylor Swift...
The NAACP can say that the entire GOP is racist and keep their tax exemption.

Of course, democrats are cheats and liars, so this sort of thing is Ok with them.

Forum List

Back