Should the US defend Taiwan from China?

Should they?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Better to fight and die there than here.
Unfortunately some want America to
Better to fight and die there than here.
Unfortunately some still attempt to cling to isolationism....no longer possible in a such a small world as we now have.

A good analogy is a 'chess game' and the chess board being the world.....one small move on the board has all kinds of ramifications.

Don't worry... Taiwan has promised a scorched earth policy... meaning that they will destroy the whole island completely before they will allow the PRC to have it.

Of course they will move as many people and assets before they do so.
The PRC have had it since Chiang Kai-shek went to Formosa and established it.

I'm not being harsh on anyone. This isn't Sunday School or the religious forum ffs.

And FUCK YOU for implying that ones political beliefs are defined by religion.

Ridiculous bullshit
It would probably be best for him to say what he has to say in the religious forum but pacifists play a huge role in our politics.

Communism is a religion....and you seem to go along with a big part of their agenda......atheism.

Last edited:
It would probably be best for him to say what he has to say in the religious forum but pacifists play a huge role in our politics.

Communism is a religion....and you seem to go along with a big part of their agenda......atheism.
Ignorant assessment pretends Buddhism doesn't exist...

When have you EVER SEEN ME go into religious threads and troll or spout off my beliefs.....

Here's a hint.....never.

This is a political thread not a religios testimonial thread.

I don't bother you, you don't bother me. You spout your beliefs, I spout mine.

Simple as that

Why, pray tell, was "negotiating" MFN in 1989 even necessary if we already had done it?

Most Favored Nation is temporary. Clinton gave them permanent normal trade relations (PNTR).

some chinese business rag is supposed to be a source that I believe. Not on your life.

So don't believe it.

View attachment 548896

You figure that 4.9 billion in trade over ten years is MFN in the US? After GHWB, the US constituted those numbers by themselves. You will also notice that the balance of payments went from positive to negative (never to be in the positive column again) in the 90's AFTER GHWB bestowed MFN.

Ignorant assessment pretends Buddhism doesn't exist...

When have you EVER SEEN ME go into religious threads and troll or spout off my beliefs.....

Here's a hint.....never.

This is a political thread not a religios testimonial thread.

I don't bother you, you don't bother me. You spout your beliefs, I spout mine.

Simple as that
That is what he is doing spouting his beliefs just like you when you said you do not believe in Jesus.

And what does Buddhism have to do with this?

Last edited:
You figure that 4.9 billion in trade over ten years is MFN in the US? After GHWB, the US constituted those numbers by themselves. You will also notice that the balance of payments went from positive to negative (never to be in the positive column again) in the 90's AFTER GHWB bestowed MFN.

You figure that 4.9 billion in trade over ten years is MFN in the US?

Nope. I figure approving MFN is MFN.

You will also notice that the balance of payments went from positive to negative (never to be in the positive column again) in the 90's AFTER GHWB bestowed MFN.

Weird, because Carter gave it to them in 1980.

MFN status was first granted to the People's Republic of
China on February 1, 1980, and has been renewed annually since
then on the basis of Presidential waivers. (A bilateral
commercial agreement, as required by the Jackson-Vanik
amendment, has remained in force during that time.)

Do you actually have anything beyond ignorant quips? You know... something substantive?
Like your BS scorched earth quip? I stated a fact. Chiang was exiled to Formosa and established the PRC in 1949. It has been the PRC since. How long is China going to wait before they scorch the earth in Taiwan? Now take your little quips down the road. If you don't like my posts, you know that little button that says Ignore? Use it, moron.

Don't worry... Taiwan has promised a scorched earth policy... meaning that they will destroy the whole island completely before they will allow the PRC to have it.

Of course they will move as many people and assets before they do so.
I do hope they are willing to fight.....they might be able to exact a huge price for China's adventurism.

That is what he is doing spouting his beliefs just like you when you said you do not believe in Jesus.

And what does Buddhism have to do with this?

Buddhism is not atheism. Atheism was your claim for China.
You can't spout shit then pretend like you never said it.

My belief in a God, any God, has NOTHING to do with my CONSERVATISM. Any suggestion otherwise is just ignorant

Ok, we've found whom you want to die for you. Making progress.
And I was just trying to make the point about the big role pacifism plays in our politics....thanks for demonstrating that.

You figure that 4.9 billion in trade over ten years is MFN in the US?

Nope. I figure approving MFN is MFN.

You will also notice that the balance of payments went from positive to negative (never to be in the positive column again) in the 90's AFTER GHWB bestowed MFN.

Weird, because Carter gave it to them in 1980.

MFN status was first granted to the People's Republic of
China on February 1, 1980, and has been renewed annually since
then on the basis of Presidential waivers. (A bilateral
commercial agreement, as required by the Jackson-Vanik
amendment, has remained in force during that time.)

Touche', I can believe your source, however, the fact that GHWB, RENEGOTIATED the MFN and the balance of payments reversed by 500% during the next decade bears out my point that these globalist/One worlders have sold the US down the river. And I'm not convinced that GHWB didn't have it in the works during the Nixon admin.

Buddhism is not atheism. Atheism was your claim for China.
You can't spout shit then pretend like you never said it.

My belief in a God, any God, has NOTHING to do with my CONSERVATISM. Any suggestion otherwise is just ignorant
Communism does not believe in buddhism.....now you may claim that about lots of Chinese who do.....but communists are in control of China.

One cannot be a True Conservative and be a atheist.....

Forum List

Back