Should the US defend Taiwan from China?

Should they?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Simple yes or no.

I say yes, we should defend nearly any freedom loving allied nation from them

Yes, but we're no longer in a position to do that. Our military's ranks are being purged of everyone but those who would blindly follow the current administration's cowardly and incompetent whims. We are being led by 1960's throwbacks who would rather do photo-ops sitting on Chinese anti-aircraft guns, than defend the sovereignty of this or any other free nation.

Last edited:
Why, pray tell, was "negotiating" MFN in 1989 even necessary if we already had done it? I was very interested in the Tiananmen Square abuses and paid close attention as these events happened. I quoted the historian of the US, and some chinese business rag is supposed to be a source that I believe. Not on your life.
Not a good idea to use obscure initials aka MFN?????

Yet I see posters doing that all the time....why?

This is about money and technology.

Currently there is a moratorium denying shipping technology that makes silicon wafers (what makes computer chips) to mainland China...we can to Taiwan. (And we are...we are the sole manufacturers of the equipment...no one else can)

Then on top of this Taiwan has a LOT more cash money than mainland China. Not cash issued through bonds but true assets free and clear. Plus tons and tons of American interests of capital investments.
Everything from Micron Technology to NVIDIA is there.
Then there's all our trading partners/friends in Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, Phillipines, New Zealand, Australia, and Europe who all have huge investments in Taiwan of their own.

And China has a bad habit of confiscating banks and the assets of the depositors.

It's China looking to fix their junk bond problem by stealing through military might. Pure and simple...they are looking to rob the whole world.

Yes, but we're no longer in a position to do that. Our military's ranks are being purged of everyone but those who would blindly follow the current administrations cowardly and incompetent whims. We are being led by 1960's throwbacks who would rather do photo-ops sitting on Chinese anti-aircraft guns, than defend the sovereignty of this or any other free nation.
Exactly.

'The Wrath of Biden is a new Ice Cream Flavor' the main ingredient being prune juice.

Hunter is promoting it when he is not painting another masterpiece.
Actually Biden is busy cleaning his dirty money...see the Pandora Papers thread.

Want to borrow a rifle?
A rifle cannot defeat evil. That lie is making China to even think about doing what China wants to do. Lies made China think, like China thinks. Unseen good defeats unseen evil. That which is seen cannot touch evil.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
Jesus was, imo, as fake as David Koresh.

I'm not interested in your preaching so take it to the religion forum or go on ignore. Your choice.
I think you are being a little harsh on him....but if you are an atheist you should welcome the communists.....no one promotes it more than them.

Anyhow, America was founded by Christians for Christians.

All of these conservatives complaining about the debt now want us to go to war with China over an island. Are you willing to send your kids over there to die too?
Don't worry... Taiwan has promised a scorched earth policy... meaning that they will destroy the whole island completely before they will allow the PRC to have it.

Of course they will move as many people and assets before they do so.

Why, pray tell, was "negotiating" MFN in 1989 even necessary if we already had done it? I was very interested in the Tiananmen Square abuses and paid close attention as these events happened. I quoted the historian of the US, and some chinese business rag is supposed to be a source that I believe. Not on your life.

Why, pray tell, was "negotiating" MFN in 1989 even necessary if we already had done it?

Most Favored Nation is temporary. Clinton gave them permanent normal trade relations (PNTR).

some chinese business rag is supposed to be a source that I believe. Not on your life.

So don't believe it.

1633654213153.png

Last edited:
I think you are being a little harsh on him....but if you are an atheist you should welcome the communists.....no one promotes it more than theml.

Anyhow, America was founded by Christians for Christians.
I'm not being harsh on anyone. This isn't Sunday School or the religious forum ffs.

And FUCK YOU for implying that ones political beliefs are defined by religion.

Ridiculous bullshit

End of the day we made a big mistake opening trade with China. Sure that & dot.com balanced the budget short-term, but the long-term impact fucked us over good. So when people say ah shucks, we need higher wages......................Tell someone in China that who's working for a small fraction of "$15 an hour" without all the BS.

Between Chinese trade, COVID BS and entitled employees small business is really fucked. But at least Bezos is RICH and that's what matters, he's a champion leftist.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: cnm

Forum List

Back