Should the US defend Taiwan from China?

Should they?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
The issue is far greater than just Taiwan, its the entire pacific theater, hand Taiwan to China and you hand them everything, and unlike the weak, mewling, narcotic addicted fascist democratic party youth on this site voting no, the Chinese do not hate themselves or their nation, they are not entitled cretins like you public schooled intellectual abortions are.

Do we have a choice? Taiwan manufactures nearly all our computer chips and semiconductors. An invasion of Taiwan would thus not only bring down our economy but the world’s as well. I, thus, seriously doubt China will launch an invasion given that it would likewise destroy its own economy.

1633651739041.jpeg

Last edited:
Do we have a choice? Taiwan manufactures nearly all our computer chips. An invasion of Taiwan would thus not only bring down our economy but the world’s as well. I seriously doubt China will launch an invasion given it would also most likely bring down its own economy.
You do not realize how obsessed the ChiComs are with Taiwan to begin with.

Though at this point I do not think they will have to use military force to gain control of Taiwan.....they may threaten it, they might take some limited form of military action to scare the crap out of biden....who will cave into China's demands.

Once Japan sees that and all the other nations that might be willing to defend Taiwan if America would take the lead...will fold and make deals with China..

BTW, Carter just followed up what was put into motion by GHW Bush, US ambassador to China, during the Nixon administration when Nixon opened diplomatic relations with China in the early 70s.
Mao duped Nixon.

Last edited:
Simple yes or no.

I say yes, we should defend nearly any freedom loving allied nation from them
Fuck China. We should had nuked those communists 60 years ago.

They have been waging an economic war on us for decades, thanks to idiots like Biden and the Bushes that sold us out to enrich themselves.

So yea, defending Taiwan is good, but it would really be about defending ourselves from those communists and ridding the world of a near superpower evil.

Nope, Carter established diplomatic relations with China in 1979
The establishment of formal diplomatic relations between the United States and the People’s Republic of China in 1979, together with Chinese Vice Premier Deng Xiaoping’s economic reforms, inaugurated a decade of vibrant cultural exchange and expanding economic ties between the two countries...

Questions of relations with China, in particular the granting of Most-Favored-Nation trading status, were controversial questions for the remainder of President Bush’s term and into the term of President Bill Clinton.
Clinton might very well have made the status permanent, but GHW Bush bestowed the status soon after Tiananmen Square. The commie bastard then tried to push the "One World Order" globalist shit that Clinton and the democrats just picked up and expanded on with the help of GW Bush. Brush up on your Mandarin, because, mark my words, we will openly be Chinese subjects before much longer if people do not wake up to this shit.

The developments in China sparked negative reactions in the United States, and members of Congress began to question whether they should continue extending certain trading rights to China. The United States first granted China most-favored-nation (MFN) status in 1980, which made trading with China more attractive by lowering tariffs on goods imported to the United States. The status was subject to annual renewal. After Tiananmen, negotiating MFN status became a “political football,” Brecher says. The issue surfaced most notably during the 1992 presidential election campaign. Then-candidate Bill Clinton said President George H.W. Bush “coddled” the Chinese government, which Clinton also referred to as the “butchers of Beijing.”

Mao died in 1976, did he dupe every other POTUS except Trump from the grave?
hehheh I corrected that.

I should have said the Chi-Coms have duped every American President since Nixon .....except for President Trump.

I do appreciate you responding so quickly however.

I usually edit a post 2 or 3 times before posting it.

Anyhow in a sense Mao is dictating from the grave as the Chi-Coms still follow his dictims.

Last edited:
I'm not concerned with what Jesus would do. I'm concerned about defending good people from dictators. Something I have no faith that this administration is capable of.

Take your social worker nonsense and try it on a gangbanger and report the results back to us.
Jesus Judges as to who lives forever, and who dies forever. Jesus is not a weakling. Jesus set all of the stars in the universe all at one time. They that have the Kind Jesus in them will live forever. The Mind of Jesus coming into the mind of he that rules China, will save Taiwan, and us. Jesus did not war to gain anything. Neither should we. Jesus has a peaceable kingdom for they that are peaceable now.

Fuck China. We should had nuked those communists 60 years ago.

They have been waging an economic war on us for decades, thanks to idiots like Biden and the Bushes that sold us out to enrich themselves.

So yea, defending Taiwan is good, but it would really be about defending ourselves from those communists and ridding the world of a near superpower evil.
Excellent analysis.

Do we have a choice? Taiwan manufactures nearly all our computer chips and semiconductors. An invasion of Taiwan would thus not only bring down our economy but the world’s as well. I, thus, seriously doubt China will launch an invasion given that it would likewise destroy its own economy.

View attachment 548883
You've actually posted a well reasoned reply to op's supposition, however I can illuminate this issue in different light, its exactly the precarious position CCP finds itself in with "Evergrande" that may well in minds of Xi & CCP, force them to act, as the collapse of Evergrande will almost certainly crash the Chinese economy, and provoke much anger and discontentment within the vast majority of China's 1.4 billion population. Taiwan touches many bases for the CCP, two principle ones being stoking the fires of nationalism, and effectively countering the massive looming economic crash of their real estate centric economy, with a plum financial jewel!

Jesus Judges as to who lives forever, and who dies forever. Jesus is not a weakling. Jesus set all of the stars in the universe all at one time. They that have the Kind Jesus in them will live forever. The Mind of Jesus coming into the mind of he that rules China, will save Taiwan, and us. Jesus did not war to gain anything. Neither should we. Jesus has a peaceable kingdom for they that are peaceable now.
You have good intentions but unfortunately you are sending out a fallacious message.

When Jesus sent his disciples out the first time—he sent them out with nothing for their journey (Luke 9:3). The next time as Jesus prepared to send them out into the hostile world, Jesus commanded them to take their necessary bags, coats, and if necessary—sell their cloak to purchase a sword.

He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one” (Luke 22:26).

Last edited:
After Tiananmen, negotiating MFN status became a “political football,” Brecher says.
Why, pray tell, was "negotiating" MFN in 1989 even necessary if we already had done it? I was very interested in the Tiananmen Square abuses and paid close attention as these events happened. I quoted the historian of the US, and some chinese business rag is supposed to be a source that I believe. Not on your life.

Jesus was, imo, as fake as David Koresh.

I'm not interested in your preaching so take it to the religion forum or go on ignore. Your choice.

Forum List

Back