Should Democrats concede the White House in 2024 to win in 2028?

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

30 Apr 2022 ~~ By Douglas Mackinnon

Can you win by losing or conceding an election? Yes.
At the moment, a growing number of people in politics — including many from the left — believe that both the Biden/Harris White House and the Democratic Party are damaged brands. Granted, in politics the negative can often be flipped back to the positive in a matter of weeks or months.
That said, people are expressing legitimate concerns about President Biden’s cognitive health; the continuing staff exits from Vice President Kamala Harris’s team, combined with stories of dysfunction in her office; ongoing fallout from the pandemic and the policies associated with it; escalating inflation; punishing fuel costs; supply shortages; rising crime in major cities; serious security and immigration issues at our southern border; the seeming dismissal of parental rights with the regard to the education of children; and a Democratic Party held hostage by the “woke” fringe of its base. All this would seem to indicate that such a turnaround for the current occupants of the White House is unlikely.
What is the Democratic Party to do? Here are three options.
1. Do nothing and ride the status-quo donkey into the 2024 election. In this case, if one assumes that Biden may not be up to seeking a second term when he is then 83, Harris would be the party’s standard-bearer.​
2. Mount a primary challenge to the Biden/Harris team. In this case, one believes their brand is so toxic that the only possible way to retain the White House in 2024 would be to cast both aside in favor of a charismatic, competent challenger.​
3. Retain Harris as the “sacrificial lamb” and quietly work to identify candidates for a 2028 ticket and shape an agreement on the voice of the party going forward.​
At least for some, the party’s major dilemma seems to be its remaining hostage to the far-left fringe whose progressive ideas don’t match those of most moderate Americans. The Democrats need to create and champion a platform that speaks to the tens of millions of working-class voters who feel overwhelmed by events and bad policies beyond their control.
~Snip~
Can the Democratic Party decouple itself from the miniscule progressive fringe in its ranks to reinvent itself once again as the “Party of the People”? Sinking poll numbers and rising problems would indicate it’s worth a try — and 2028 would be the best time to showcase a new and improved Democratic Party.

Commentary:
This is the age-old misconception that the next time it will work when we know that it has worked before,
Hmm.., Why concede when you’re counting the votes?

If they commit mass suicide like the commie bed wetter sycophants of Jim Jones, then I'll consider voting for them.

That will make the dead vote more legit also.

I predict a combination of #1 and #3. Biden will not serve out this term, and Harris will be feted as both the FBF (first black female) President and the FBF Presidential nominee in 2024. The Dems know that they will probably lose the 2024 election but hope that it will be a selling point in 2028.

30 Apr 2022 ~~ By Douglas Mackinnon

Can you win by losing or conceding an election? Yes.
At the moment, a growing number of people in politics — including many from the left — believe that both the Biden/Harris White House and the Democratic Party are damaged brands. Granted, in politics the negative can often be flipped back to the positive in a matter of weeks or months.
That said, people are expressing legitimate concerns about President Biden’s cognitive health; the continuing staff exits from Vice President Kamala Harris’s team, combined with stories of dysfunction in her office; ongoing fallout from the pandemic and the policies associated with it; escalating inflation; punishing fuel costs; supply shortages; rising crime in major cities; serious security and immigration issues at our southern border; the seeming dismissal of parental rights with the regard to the education of children; and a Democratic Party held hostage by the “woke” fringe of its base. All this would seem to indicate that such a turnaround for the current occupants of the White House is unlikely.
What is the Democratic Party to do? Here are three options.
1. Do nothing and ride the status-quo donkey into the 2024 election. In this case, if one assumes that Biden may not be up to seeking a second term when he is then 83, Harris would be the party’s standard-bearer.​
2. Mount a primary challenge to the Biden/Harris team. In this case, one believes their brand is so toxic that the only possible way to retain the White House in 2024 would be to cast both aside in favor of a charismatic, competent challenger.​
3. Retain Harris as the “sacrificial lamb” and quietly work to identify candidates for a 2028 ticket and shape an agreement on the voice of the party going forward.​
At least for some, the party’s major dilemma seems to be its remaining hostage to the far-left fringe whose progressive ideas don’t match those of most moderate Americans. The Democrats need to create and champion a platform that speaks to the tens of millions of working-class voters who feel overwhelmed by events and bad policies beyond their control.
~Snip~
Can the Democratic Party decouple itself from the miniscule progressive fringe in its ranks to reinvent itself once again as the “Party of the People”? Sinking poll numbers and rising problems would indicate it’s worth a try — and 2028 would be the best time to showcase a new and improved Democratic Party.

Commentary:
This is the age-old misconception that the next time it will work when we know that it has worked before,
Hmm.., Why concede when you’re counting the votes?

Only DIMocrats could believe you win by quitting lol

RTards

Sleepy Joe can still win in 2024, no doubt about it.

But not unless the D's can get the Trumpster removed from the R ticket.

Mitt Romney would long to run again, and Brandon would schlong Mittski like a rented mule in a confrontation. Even if the President died and the DNC had to employ a "Weekend at Bernies" type campaign, it would be a cakewalk for the party.

But that's the D winning strategy in a nutshell. Stink up the R process so they get the "never trumper" candidate they want and count on the sizable number of "never never-trumper" voters to move them over the top.

Should Democrats concede the White House in 2024 to win in 2028?​

No. I think they realize now that their anti-Trump Get Biden In move has backfired bigly. I think they should just concede the whole party a roaring failure now and collectively throw themselves all into the vent of a steaming volcano for the good of the planet.

Groomercrats think Biden is amazing and going to run and win in 2024. Just look around here. The propagandist, bots, and socks of both love Biden.

Had a guy on here the other day tell me with a straight face that Joe inspires him, his years of dedication and selfless-service for the good of the country. :smoke: Honestly.

Then I asked him about that 5.4 million Joe forgot to declare on last year's income tax that he can't say where it came from equal to more than what he makes in TEN years as POTUS!

You guessed it -- no answer.

Sleepy Joe can still win in 2024, no doubt about it.
But not unless the D's can get the Trumpster removed from the R ticket.
Mitt Romney would long to run again, and Brandon would schlong Mittski like a rented mule in a confrontation. Even if the President died and the DNC had to employ a "Weekend at Bernies" type campaign, it would be a cakewalk for the party.
But that's the D winning strategy in a nutshell. Stink up the R process so they get the "never trumper" candidate they want and count on the sizable number of "never never-trumper" voters to move them over the top.
Sleepy Joe barely "won" in 2020, and probably due to massive voter-fraud.
Joe's approval rating is approaching single-digits. NFW Joe wins in 2024.
Who else do the dems have? Kamala? Hillary? Buttplug?

Romney is a RINO, he's done. The GOP has a ton of electable presidential nominees, Desantis, Nikki Haley, Tom Cotton, Ted Cruz, Dan Crenshaw, Mike Pompeo, and Mike Pence, any of which would wipe the floor with any of the democrats.

I am hedging a bet in 2024 it will be Harris/ Cortez ticket with the left screaming if you don’t vote for them then you are sexist and racist and want to control the woman womb…

As much as I enjoy the ping pong match between the Democrats and Republicans, well I have tired and no the Democrats shouldn’t punt but the voter need to start looking at third, fourth and fifth political parties to spice up the House and Senate while sending a sound message to the two bigger parties to clean their shit up!

Politics in America is the biggest damn joke!

Had a guy on here the other day tell me with a straight face that Joe inspires him, his years of dedication and selfless-service for the good of the country. :smoke: Honestly.

Then I asked him about that 5.4 million Joe forgot to declare on last year's income tax that he can't say where it came from equal to more than what he makes in TEN years as POTUS!

You guessed it -- no answer.
Joe Biden is inspirational!

His love for his country, children and other people children is amazing… ( I am going to get slaughtered for that one )

He can’t be blamed for the lack of help from the GOP and their unwillingness to aid him when his own political party members like Manchin refuse to help… ( Am I Trolling enough? )

So stop and understand Joe Biden is the savior we all needed… ( Now off to my local nutter house with my poster of AOC )

Joe Biden is inspirational!
His love for his country, children and other people children is amazing… ( I am going to get slaughtered for that one )
He can’t be blamed for the lack of help from the GOP and their unwillingness to aid him when his own political party members like Manchin refuse to help… ( Am I Trolling enough? )
So stop and understand Joe Biden is the savior we all needed… ( Now off to my local nutter house with my poster of AOC )
Joe loves his country, especially selling it out for cash;
Joe also loves children, especially showering with them...
1651918942801.png

So your post is a spoof of Biden, but there is always a grain of truth, like off to the nutter house <g>

Forum List

Back