She said: "I believe things happen for a reason"...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
...I said: "I don't know about that."

My life has been one disaster after another, culminating in my wife leaving me.

Now, things seem to be going good: new job, new book I'm writing, a woman who might become my new girlfriend.

All these new good things are causing me a new kind of stress: I'm worried that, once again, things will go wrong and I will lose them.

The new woman in my life says she believes "things happen for a reason."

I guess, if I was honest, I'd say: "that is not necessarily so."

Now, things seem to be going good: new job, new book I'm writing, a woman who might become my new girlfriend.

All these new good things are causing me a new kind of stress: I'm worried that, once again, things will go wrong and I will lose them.

Cause, and effect are a legitimate reason. Not to be confused with sound reasoning...

Cause, and effect are a legitimate reason. Not to be confused with sound reasoning...
Yes, I believe in cause and effect.

But believing that every event is part of God's plan is not something I'm ready to accept.

And I think that's what she meant when she said "everything happens for a reason."

a woman who might become my new girlfriend.
I'm worried that, once again, things will go wrong and I will lose them.
worry not ... the new script is already written.

And I think that's what she meant when she said "everything happens for a reason."
What did you think your wife meant, when she said "untill death do us part"?

I have no idea what she meant because she gave up on this vow.

You learning yet?

You learning yet?
Explain.

You are being such a pessimist that even when life is good that you are miserable because you don't expect it to last. That's a bad place to be.

You are being such a pessimist that even when life is good that you are miserable because you don't expect it to last. That's a bad place to be.
You're right.

You learning yet?
Explain.
Like a dog to its own vomit; so too shall a fool return to his own folly...

You learning yet?
Explain.
So what's the folly I'm returning to?

You learning yet?
Explain.
Finding your anchor, and drive against a woman's word. A woman seeks to find a man who can be her anchor point in the maelstrom. Not to be the rock while you seek solace.

You learning yet?
Explain.
Finding your anchor, and drive against a woman's word. A woman seeks to find a man who can be her anchor point in the maelstrom. Not to be the rock while you seek solace.
You sound like a man who's never actually had a real relationship with a woman.

You learning yet?
Explain.
If comfort is what you seek; find your council in the words of a woman. Its worked so well for you so far... Carry on.

You learning yet?
Explain.

That sounds like your description of yourself. From what I've read of your posts, I would say you are right.

You learning yet?
Explain.

That sounds like your description of yourself. From what I've read of your posts, I would say you are right.
OK well, you're a moron. I was married for nearly 30 years, so you don't know jack shit about me.

You learning yet?
Explain.

OK well, you're a moron. I was married for nearly 30 years, so you don't know jack shit about me.
And you're a fuckwad, by the way.

Fuck you, I'm putting you on ignore.

Like I said before, when you hold anger and don't let it go, it has a way of screwing up the new things in your life. I wish you the best I'm just telling you I've seen it. It's real, so it would be a really good thing for you to deal with it.

You're right.
Maybe you should see a psychiatrist.

Forum List

Back