"i no longer believe in God"...Sassy Jon Steingard, Star of Christian Rock, Admits He’s Lost His Faith

That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the lake. 2 Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore. 3 Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. 8 Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. 9 Whoever has ears, let them hear.”

could it be because of the corona. i think so, my friends!

Its weak minded and shortsighted....to think that God doesn't exist because we have plagues and other bad things happen.....

Its weak minded and shortsighted....to think that God doesn't exist because we have plagues and other bad things happen.....
When life is easy, people forget God. When life is hard, people reject God

I believe in God no matter what happens to me.

I need someone to blame.

The artist came to the conclusion that the Bible can't be trusted because he felt in the end it is "human, flawed and imperfect."

He said he's still "open to the idea that God is there."

all three desert books are the problem ... they have accomplished little of benefit for centuries.

In Catholic school they taught us that the people who wrote the Bible were "divinely inspired."

Do Protestants learn that in Sunday school?

No it took him several years, the article says. I also lost my best friend, it took several years, it was like a member of my family died. No more Jesus, can you just imagine! Try, and now you will find out what we had and have to go through. My parents brought all of us kids up with morals and going to Mass, my Dad use to say "Integrity is all you have". All my brothers still believe and go to Mass.

He's a microcosm of the complacency in the church. Traditional Christianity caricatures the Scriptures and holds them up to ridicule from the hordes of increasingly sophisticated skeptics in an increasingly sophisticated world.

He doesn't know the Scriptures; he only knows tradition.

In Catholic school they taught us that the people who wrote the Bible were "divinely inspired."

Do Protestants learn that in Sunday school?

Depends on the denomination. The Baptist consider the King James to be the only translation, at least the hard core ones do. They don't accept the Catholic bible as legitimate. I think most Protestant denominations may follow that to a greater or lesser extent, you'll have to ask each denomination that, since it's almost impossible for one person to have been a member of them all.

Personally I consider the later New King James Chronological bible to be the best and most accurate of the modern translations, and it's also very helpful to have both the New and the Old Testament in chronological order; it clears up a lot of confusion, especially with Isaiah, Daniel, and a few other of the OT books. Having said that, having the Apocrypha included in a study bible is also a great idea; it doesn't have to be 'canon' to be useful and expository.

Don't know the guy, but sounds like just another closet pagan narcissist didn't get the pony he pryaed for, like 9 out 10 of the alleged' 'atheists' posting drivel in this forum. Materialists will never get the theology, whether they claim to be Xian or Jewish; they are still pagans at heart, and want a 'god' who will perform magic tricks and give them stuff on demand.

I can't imagine how devastated I'd be if I lost God in my life.

I thought I would be that way too. I grew up devoutly Lutheran. You can’t swing an arm in my family without hitting a church worker. Then my father (the most truly faithful person I’ve ever met) got cancer and suffered for three years before dying ON HIS 54TH BIRTHDAY.

I spent almost three years afterward looking into every religion and faith I could find. Nothing even came close to restoring my Faith. Not until I started looking outside conventional religion. It was there that I found the route To getting answers.

I can't imagine how devastated I'd be if I lost God in my life.

I thought I would be that way too. I grew up devoutly Lutheran. You can’t swing an arm in my family without hitting a church worker. Then my father (the most truly faithful person I’ve ever met) got cancer and suffered for three years before dying ON HIS 54TH BIRTHDAY.

I spent almost three years afterward looking into every religion and faith I could find. Nothing even came close to restoring my Faith. Not until I started looking outside conventional religion. It was there that I found the route To getting answers.

So, you like, became a Druid or something, wear a lot of tree bark pants?

Christianity is a disease, and reason is the cure!

Forum List

Back