Separation of Church and State

You tell me. The argument is bullshit and completely devoid of logic yet a lot of whites on the left maintain this idea anyway.

Why would I tell you? It wasn't my assertion.

As I stated to Bulldog, I've had discussions on here with people on the left on the issue of voter ID and their positions are that requiring voter ID is voter suppression of blacks and minorities and that they (some, anyway) would have difficulty acquiring one.

Many would have difficulty acquiring one. So?

I'm not making this shit up. It has become an issue to the point that a conservative organization (Turning Point, I believe) went out on the streets to ask people of both races if blacks would have a hard time acquiring an ID to vote. Many whites they talked to thought blacks would have some difficulty in this regard but the blacks they talked to were like, "What the fuck? Why would blacks have a hard time getting an ID?"

I have seen stories of blacks who claimed getting voter ID would be difficult.

That's like saying we shouldn't bother prosecuting the crime of murder since most murderers will deny it anyway.

This is pure speculation on your part; you don't know that this would happen. And even if it did, so what?

Pretty confident it would happen.

If it did happen then what is the point of having a voter ID if they can be rendered moot with a simple accusation.

Certainly if people believe in Italian servers and Jewish space lasers changing votes, then blaming china for fake voter IDs and connecting it to dems, would be easy enough for the right wing media apparatus. I can see the threads on here now, "Xiden secretly receives pallots of fake ideas from China. Derp derp"

By the way, when I go vote, I am required where I live to present my ID (driver's license) to verify that I am registered to vote and to vote in that district.

That's silly. They already know you are registered to vote because your name is on the voter rolls at your designated polling area.

So I don't understand why 1.) requiring an ID to vote is a problem for some Democrats and 2.) Why IDs are not required everywhere already. It also makes me wonder if people can just show up at a polling station, not show ID, push buttons on the machine and leave. If that is what's happening in some places, holy fuck.
I don't think you understand how voting works.

You tell me. The argument is bullshit and completely devoid of logic yet a lot of whites on the left maintain this idea anyway.

As I stated to Bulldog, I've had discussions on here with people on the left on the issue of voter ID and their positions are that requiring voter ID is voter suppression of blacks and minorities and that they (some, anyway) would have difficulty acquiring one.

I'm not making this shit up. It has become an issue to the point that a conservative organization (Turning Point, I believe) went out on the streets to ask people of both races if blacks would have a hard time acquiring an ID to vote. Many whites they talked to thought blacks would have some difficulty in this regard but the blacks they talked to were like, "What the fuck? Why would blacks have a hard time getting an ID?"

That's like saying we shouldn't bother prosecuting the crime of murder since most murderers will deny it anyway.

This is pure speculation on your part; you don't know that this would happen. And even if it did, so what?

By the way, when I go vote, I am required where I live to present my ID (driver's license) to verify that I am registered to vote and to vote in that district. So I don't understand why 1.) requiring an ID to vote is a problem for some Democrats and 2.) Why IDs are not required everywhere already. It also makes me wonder if people can just show up at a polling station, not show ID, push buttons on the machine and leave. If that is what's happening in some places, holy fuck.
Only a dumb right winger would give any credence to that "man on the street" scam. If you interview enough people, and only report the ones who agree with your position, you can seemingly prove anything you choose. It's the entire premise to Jesse Water's fox show.

The republican party is a party of racists.
Jim Crow: Dimwingers
Founded the KKK: Dimwingers
Filibustered Civil Rights Act: Dimwingers
Elected Grand Cyclops of the KKK as Senate Majority Leader: Dimwingers

Freed the slaves: Republican
Squashed racist filibuster of the CRA: Republicans
Repealed Jim Crow laws: Republicans.

History says you are a lying sack of shit.

Jim Crow: Dimwingers
Founded the KKK: Dimwingers
Filibustered Civil Rights Act: Dimwingers
Elected Grand Cyclops of the KKK as Senate Majority Leader: Dimwingers

Freed the slaves: Republican
Squashed racist filibuster of the CRA: Republicans
Repealed Jim Crow laws: Republicans.

History says you are a lying sack of shit.
History is the story of what happened a long time ago. If you can point out any current members of the DNC who support the KKK or Jim Crow, or any other racist group, I won't vote for them.

History is the story of what happened a long time ago. If you can point out any current members of the DNC who support the KKK or Jim Crow, or any other racist group, I won't vote for them.
Your racist party has a long history of being the party of racists. I clearly proved that.

And Byrd was Senate Majority Leader until he went toes up in 2010.

Joe Biden is a blatant racist, and you worship him. His numerous racist comments have been posted here many times, and you still support the blatant racist.

That is what right wingers often claim. Do you know who doesn't believe that though? ........ most black people.
There is a lot of play on this issue. Many African American churches get federal, state and local money and resources. Black churches are temples of political agendas.

Only a dumb right winger would give any credence to that "man on the street" scam. If you interview enough people, and only report the ones who agree with your position, you can seemingly prove anything you choose. It's the entire premise to Jesse Water's fox show.
Of course some people are going to say blacks can obtain an ID with no problem, that's not the point. The point is, some whites actually believe this. And they are invariably liberals.

If we truly believe in Separation of Church and State why de we allow so called reverends to run for office. Seems to be this should bar any clergyman be it a minister, priest or rabbi from holding office.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

Barring Religious people from holding office would violate the first amendment.

What REALLY gets me is that there are federal tax laws that recognize religious institutions and exempt them from taxation.

That's a direct violation of the first amendment, but somehow religious institutions have gotten away with it.

If the government took away their tax exempt status, there would be a huge change in the whole socio-economic order in the U.S. - and all for the better!

What also gets me is that JFK had to give a speech saying that while he was Roman Catholic, his did not have loyalty to the Pope of Rome.

Yet, the Head of the Church of England (Anglicans) is the King of England, but no Protestant politicians are required to state whether their primary loyalty is to the King of England or to the U.S. Constitution and people.

Why would I tell you? It wasn't my assertion.

It's not my assertion either. That's why I said that.
Many would have difficulty acquiring one. So?

Why?
I have seen stories of blacks who claimed getting voter ID would be difficult.

Does this mean some don't have ID to present for voting purposes?
Pretty confident it would happen.

How confident you are is irrelevant. It's still speculation and not reason enough to shelve the idea.
If it did happen then what is the point of having a voter ID if they can be rendered moot with a simple accusation.

Was that the Democrat position when Trump claimed voter fraud? We both know the answer to that question.
Certainly if people believe in Italian servers and Jewish space lasers changing votes, then blaming china for fake voter IDs and connecting it to dems, would be easy enough for the right wing media apparatus. I can see the threads on here now, "Xiden secretly receives pallots of fake ideas from China. Derp derp"

What?
That's silly. They already know you are registered to vote because your name is on the voter rolls at your designated polling area.

Come on man, think. Of course my name is registered in the voter rolls for Christ's sake. I still have to provide my ID so they can match it to the name on the register and thus check my name off as having voted.
I don't think you understand how voting works.

No. If anyone does not understand how voting works it's those who claim requiring ID is voter suppression.

It's not my assertion either. That's why I said that.

Why?

For the same reason any group would.

Does this mean some don't have ID to present for voting purposes?

Yeah. They go to their assigned polling place. The poll worker finds their name on the list, has the voter sign it and they are good to go.

About the only way someone could just roll up to a random polling place is if

1. They knew the individual they are claiming to be was assigned that polling place.

2. They knew that person would not show up to vote.

3. They are able to sign that person's name convincingly at the polling place.

You can probably guess how often this happens.

How confident you are is irrelevant. It's still speculation and not reason enough to shelve the idea.

Yes it is. Why should 150 million people get voter IDs when one person can render them moot with a simple statement?

Screw that.

Was that the Democrat position when Trump claimed voter fraud? We both know the answer to that question.

I think the position was show the proof...that is where Trump's narrative sort of fell apart.

What?

Come on man, think. Of course my name is registered in the voter rolls for Christ's sake. I still have to provide my ID so they can match it to the name on the register and thus check my name off as having voted.

Why? What happens if someone comes along later and tries to vote using your name?

No. If anyone does not understand how voting works it's those who claim requiring ID is voter suppression.
Whether it is suppression or not is subject to debate. Personally I am not so sure, I can see the point from both sides, but I still think it's a waste of time.

Your racist party has a long history of being the party of racists. I clearly proved that.

And Byrd was Senate Majority Leader until he went toes up in 2010.

Joe Biden is a blatant racist, and you worship him. His numerous racist comments have been posted here many times, and you still support the blatant racist.

Plus at least several antisemitic House members that Pelosi coddled.

If we truly believe in Separation of Church and State why de we allow so called reverends to run for office. Seems to be this should bar any clergyman be it a minister, priest or rabbi from holding office.

The left wing faggots and deviants all snivel bout 'theocracy n stuff', while voting for a minister in Georgia. Yes, they're hypocrites.

In other news, clergymen and women are citizens, too, and have the same rights as anyone else. Barring them would also violate the establishment clause re making any laws restricting Christianity.

White Nationalists want a white nation, as the name implies. Whites only.

Christian Nationalists want a Christian nation. Christians only. Preferably white. A theocracy. Like Iran.

Christian Nationalists will have to repeal the First Amendment to achieve this.
lol so you would condemn all those black and white reverends who conducted the civil rights movement from their pulpits? The Democratic Party is full of 'Reverends', most of them racists to boot.

It ain't there. Libs are wrong on this one. If Congress wants to set up a national religion, they can do so.
Wow. How in the hell did you get so incredibly misinformed?

This is astonishingly ignorant!

If one thinks requiring voter ID is voter suppression then by definition, one thinks blacks would have difficulty acquiring ID. Why else would they call it voter suppression?
Some states' Voter ID laws require very specific types of ID.

According to the ACLU, 21 million Americans do not have an ID.

What's more, Voter ID has never stopped the types of voter fraud which occur.

I find it fascinating that people who call themselves conservatives want more government interference in the exercise of our rights.

Especially government interference which achieves NOTHING.

Forum List

Back