Senator Chuck Schumer threatens two Supreme Court Justices Today.

beautress

Always Faithful
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 28, 2018
Walker County, TX
Seeing this almost broke my heart today.

Edit: Much of his speech was cut, so I found his speech in writing and some of the reactions of VIPs.

The Schumer quote that triggered Roberts’s reply is this: “I want to tell you Gorsuch. I want to tell you Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.”​
“Gorsuch” and “Kavanaugh,” of course, refer to Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh — President Trump’s two appointees to the Supreme Court, whose confirmations were opposed by nearly all Senate Democrats.​
The conservative blowback against Schumer was swift and intense. The National Review’s John Hirschauer labeled Schumer a “thug.” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Schumer’s remarks were, at best, “astonishing, reckless and completely irresponsible.” President Trump weighed in in his distinctly Trumpy way.​
There can be few things worse in a civilized, law abiding nation, than a United States Senator openly, and for all to see and hear, threatening the Supreme Court or its Justices. This is what Chuck Schumer just did. He must pay a severe price for this!​
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 5, 2020
By the end of Wednesday, even nonpartisan leaders such as American Bar Association president Judy Perry Martinez joined the pile-on with a statement saying that the ABA is “deeply troubled” by Schumer’s remarks.​
Roberts, for his part, interpreted this statement as a direct threat against Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh, and it’s easy to see why. “Justices know that criticism comes with the territory,” the chief justice said in his statement rebuking Schumer. “But threatening statements of this sort from the highest levels of government are not only inappropriate, they are dangerous.”​

Last edited:

There's only one thing to do. File charges and put Chuck Schumer in a place where he cannot damage his followers or any members of the Supreme Court for rulings they have not made. Intimidation of the Supreme Court Justices suggesting what he'd like to see happen to them (extreme harm). What he said was just wrong. The above had, but eliminated the majority of his threats between now and when I first saw this on tv. I will go back and see if I can find this damaging speech by Senator Schumer who is using his rank as a United States Senator to seek damages to Federal Employees. That is unconstitutional. I'm fed up with unconstitutional behaviors among people who are not only seeking their crazies to harm our Justices, but they are damaging the Senate and other bodies they serve on.

There's only one thing to do. File charges and put Chuck Schumer in a place where he cannot damage his followers or any members of the Supreme Court for rulings they have not made. Intimidation of the Supreme Court Justices suggesting what he'd like to see happen to them (extreme harm). What he said was just wrong. The above had, but eliminated the majority of his threats between now and when I first saw this on tv. I will go back and see if I can find this damaging speech by Senator Schumer who is using his rank as a United States Senator to seek damages to Federal Employees. That is unconstitutional. I'm fed up with unconstitutional behaviors among people who are not only seeking their crazies to harm our Justices, but they are damaging the Senate and other bodies they serve on.
if Supreme Court Justices can be threatened into ruling in a political parties favor then our democratic republic is done for .

It's ok.OK...he's a Democrat. They can doxx, intimidate, threaten etc... all they want.
They just put up 12 foot metal fences around the Supreme Court Building today. Schumer is out of line in a way he should never be allowed in Washington, DC for the duration of his hate-filled life. I don't want another Maxine Waters pushing the envelope on threatening leaders who do not see eye to eye with the left.

For those of you who missed it, I added the words Senator Schumer above, and for now, I am repeating it here:

The Schumer quote that triggered Roberts’s reply is this: “I want to tell you Gorsuch. I want to tell you Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.”

“Gorsuch” and “Kavanaugh,” of course, refer to Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh — President Trump’s two appointees to the Supreme Court, whose confirmations were opposed by nearly all Senate Democrats.

The conservative blowback against Schumer was swift and intense. The National Review’s John Hirschauer labeled Schumer a “thug.” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Schumer’s remarks were, at best, “astonishing, reckless and completely irresponsible.” President Trump weighed in in his distinctly Trumpy way.

There can be few things worse in a civilized, law abiding nation, than a United States Senator openly, and for all to see and hear, threatening the Supreme Court or its Justices. This is what Chuck Schumer just did. He must pay a severe price for this!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 5, 2020

By the end of Wednesday, even nonpartisan leaders such as American Bar Association president Judy Perry Martinez joined the pile-on with a statement saying that the ABA is “deeply troubled” by Schumer’s remarks.

Roberts, for his part, interpreted this statement as a direct threat against Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh, and it’s easy to see why. “Justices know that criticism comes with the territory,” the chief justice said in his statement rebuking Schumer. “But threatening statements of this sort from the highest levels of government are not only inappropriate, they are dangerous.”

he's fomenting an insurrection against the the highest court in the land ..
He broke with the Separation of Powers clause in the Constitution that requires separation between Legislative Branch, the Judicial Branch, and the Executive Branch.

Schumer needs to be put out to pasture after serving about 5 years in a federal prison for threatening the lives and well being of Supreme Court Justices, trying to threaten the work they must do with suggestible comments to the crazies in their party who actually went after Cabinet Members when Congresswoman Maxine Waters demanded her sycophant followers to get party revenge against the Trump staff, specifically, his cabinet members. She wasn't disciplined publicly by the Speaker of the House, who needs to do something else with her disgraceful life.

Let's not forget that dangerous Democrat rhetoric incited the attempted assassination and shooting of a US Republican representative.

It's not like they don't know what they are doing - been there, done it before...and don't seem to have a problem doing it again.

Edit: Much of his speech was cut, so I found his speech in writing and some of the reactions of VIPs.

The Schumer quote that triggered Roberts’s reply is this: “I want to tell you Gorsuch. I want to tell you Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.”​
“Gorsuch” and “Kavanaugh,” of course, refer to Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh — President Trump’s two appointees to the Supreme Court, whose confirmations were opposed by nearly all Senate Democrats.​
The conservative blowback against Schumer was swift and intense. The National Review’s John Hirschauer labeled Schumer a “thug.” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Schumer’s remarks were, at best, “astonishing, reckless and completely irresponsible.” President Trump weighed in in his distinctly Trumpy way.​

By the end of Wednesday, even nonpartisan leaders such as American Bar Association president Judy Perry Martinez joined the pile-on with a statement saying that the ABA is “deeply troubled” by Schumer’s remarks.​
Roberts, for his part, interpreted this statement as a direct threat against Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh, and it’s easy to see why. “Justices know that criticism comes with the territory,” the chief justice said in his statement rebuking Schumer. “But threatening statements of this sort from the highest levels of government are not only inappropriate, they are dangerous.”​

It now officially an insurrection since threats are being hurled.

Forum List

Back