Forgiving student debt from Democrats will be the ultimate F/U to workers

1651802870117.png

Some of the greatest success stories I know are of men and women who went into a trade as opposed to going to college. Elite Democrats are asking them to fund bailouts of elite liberal wannabes who can’t pay back their egregious school loans.

Sure because coal miners and factory workers spend their whole lives hoping their daughter becomes a miner or goes to work 12 hours a day on a 140 degree floor when she's not barefoot and pregnant.

Those responsible americans who benefitted from the $3.5T the government spent holding the economy and banking system together during the recession? Those resposnsible americans who feel that they should get vouchers so their brats can go Jesus Academy on the taxpayer dime?
yeah its really holding together...what a rube

Sure because coal miners and factory workers spend their whole lives hoping their daughter becomes a miner or goes to work 12 hours a day on a 140 degree floor when she's not barefoot and pregnant.
Nothing wrong with a coal miner and factory worker wanting their daughter to go to college. Their is plenty wrong when the factory worker’s daughter assumes 6 digits in debt to attend an elite college three time zones away to concentrate in a major that pays less than what her father makes and then she expects the tax dollars off the backs of her father and his friends to bail her out.

yeah its really holding together...what a rube

Then we should spend the extra $1.5T on student loan forgiveness if you think the economy is sucking wind.

And BTW, every freaking generation since the baby boomers have been accumulating less and less wealth at comparable points in their lives because they are loaded down with more and more student loan debt that causes them to have to live more and more on maxed out credit cards. Most of it is going to be discharged anyway at the end of the 20 or 25 year period. All the "make em pay" people are effectively arguing for is for those borrowers to be hit with massive income tax bills when their discharge inevitably comes if it comes a second after January 1, 2026.

Nothing wrong with a coal miner and factory worker wanting their daughter to go to college. Their is plenty wrong when the factory worker’s daughter assumes 6 digits in debt to attend an elite college three time zones away to concentrate in a major that pays less than what her father makes and then she expects the tax dollars off the backs of her father and his friends to bail her out.
LOL. Her father and his friends will pay the exact same taxes whether she is bailed out or not. There is no indication that tax reciepts in anyway affects government spending. It is just a matter of whether or dad's money is being spent on something worthwhile or whether is is going to pay for Air Force One to haul some idiot to play golf.

Then we should spend the extra $1.5T on student loan forgiveness if you think the economy is sucking wind.

And BTW, every freaking generation since the baby boomers have been accumulating less and less wealth at comparable points in their lives because they are loaded down with more and more student loan debt that causes them to have to live more and more on maxed out credit cards. Most of it is going to be discharged anyway at the end of the 20 or 25 year period. All the "make em pay" people are effectively arguing for is for those borrowers to be hit with massive income tax bills when their discharge inevitably comes if it comes a second after January 1, 2026.
More govt spending doesnt fix an economy

More govt spending doesnt fix an economy

Depends on what you mean by "fix". This economy is never going to be the economy of a few generations ago unless the government outlaws IRA's and 401K's. Laboring for wages isn't where the "wealth" can be accumulated. On the other side of that coin, if stocks weren't so inflated, today's inflation would be nothing compared to what life would be like.

LOL. Her father and his friends will pay the exact same taxes whether she is bailed out or not. There is no indication that tax reciepts in anyway affects government spending. It is just a matter of whether or dad's money is being spent on something worthwhile or whether is is going to pay for Air Force One to haul some idiot to play golf.
The core point is people have no business assuming egregious amounts of debt to attend an elite private college three time zones away and concentrate in a major that has little to no prospect for a job to pay the loan back and expect US to pay for the loan. It’s time for regulation and criteria to prevent this. I would prefer US taxpayers funding free community college and small loans for state schools for that same student to major in something for which there is a job market.

So where is the law that you must attend college right out of high school? If it were up to me, nobody would be allowed to attend college until the age of 21. Go out and work for a few years. Save your money or put it into temporary investments. Learn about industry, manual labor, talk to people so you have an idea of WTF you want to attend college for. Many kids put up the major courses on a dart board and throw a dart at it to see which career they are going to pursue.

By the time you attend college at the age of 21, you will have a good sum of money saved up if your parents are willing to let you stay at home, which most all of them do. When on summer break, get another full-time job to replenish the money you spent. If you do need a loan, it will be very small and easily manageable by the time you graduate and find a job in the field you studied for.

When I was working as a truck driver I ran into so many other drivers with college degrees, but they didn't pay anything compared to driving a truck. They would have been a lot further ahead in life if they just went into truck driving from the beginning and avoided all those expensive useless classes.

Some of the greatest success stories I know are of men and women who went into a trade as opposed to going to college. Elite Democrats are asking them to fund bailouts of elite liberal wannabes who can’t pay back their egregious school loans.

Ultimately it's we the taxpayers that are going to fund their education. So I pay for the degree a doctor or lawyer gets, and when I need their services that I paid for them to learn, they charge me 250.00 an hour.

College is an investment no different than any other, and taxpayers should not be funding investments. People with college degrees make more money than those who just do unskilled manual labor jobs. Investments is when you use YOUR OWN MONEY, and get that money back plus a profit.

So where is the law that you must attend college right out of high school? If it were up to me, nobody would be allowed to attend college until the age of 21. Go out and work for a few years. Save your money or put it into temporary investments. Learn about industry, manual labor, talk to people so you have an idea of WTF you want to attend college for. Many kids put up the major courses on a dart board and throw a dart at it to see which career they are going to pursue.

By the time you attend college at the age of 21, you will have a good sum of money saved up if your parents are willing to let you stay at home, which most all of them do. When on summer break, get another full-time job to replenish the money you spent. If you do need a loan, it will be very small and easily manageable by the time you graduate and find a job in the field you studied for.

When I was working as a truck driver I ran into so many other drivers with college degrees, but they didn't pay anything compared to driving a truck. They would have been a lot further ahead in life if they just went into truck driving from the beginning and avoided all those expensive useless classes.

People cannot haul freight across state lines if they are under 21 so they can't just go into truck driving from beginning :rolleyes:

Those responsible americans who benefitted from the $3.5T the government spent holding the economy and banking system together during the recession? Those resposnsible americans who feel that they should get vouchers so their brats can go Jesus Academy on the taxpayer dime?
The 3.5 T hurt our economy---it was money funnelled around so the rich could get richer and buy off useful idiots at the expense of the taxpayers and everyone else. The debt is going to harm us and all future generations just covering the carrying costs and the inflation that this shit caused.

The 3.5 T hurt our economy---it was money funnelled around so the rich could get richer and buy off useful idiots at the expense of the taxpayers and everyone else. The debt is going to harm us and all future generations just covering the carrying costs and the inflation that this shit caused.

and student loan debt hurts the economy as well since every 1% increase in debt to income ratio results in over a 3% reduction in personal consumption.

I'll support forgiving student debt as long as they forgive my mortgage, car payments and credit card debt. If student loans are forgiven so should my debts I willingly took on with the agreement I'd pay them back.

I can also keep what I went into debt for just like those students get to keep the education they went into debt for

and student loan debt hurts the economy as well since every 1% increase in debt to income ratio results in over a 3% reduction in personal consumption.

Then perhaps loans shouldn't be issued by the government. You want to go to school, do what the rest of us have to do to buy a car, boat, house, addition on our house; get a loan from a bank.

Forum List

Back