Senator Biden blocked the first Black Woman to be nominated to the Supreme Court

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
janicrogersbrownusscjudgenominee.JPG

Brown was on Bush’s shortlist to replace her. She would have been the first Black woman ever nominated to serve as an associate justice of the Supreme Court. But Biden appeared on CBS’s “Face the Nation” to warn that if Bush nominated Brown, she would face a filibuster. “I can assure you that would be a very, very, very difficult fight and she probably would be filibustered,” Biden said. Asked by moderator John Roberts “Wasn’t she just confirmed?,” Biden replied that the Supreme Court is a “totally different ballgame” because “a circuit court judge is bound by stare decisis. They don’t get to make new law.”
What Biden threatened was unprecedented. There has never been a successful filibuster of a nominee for associate justice in the history of the republic. Biden wanted to make a Black woman the first in history to have her nomination killed by filibuster. Bush eventually nominated Samuel A. Alito Jr.

Comment:
Read the article.
Judge Brown was more qualified than Jackson, but because she was too mainstream for Biden and the crazy left Dems they blocked her before she could even get a hearing.

What's the lie? It's a matter of American history now, there for all to see. Biden went on Face The Nation and said he would filibuster. You can read about it right here:

This is twice this link has been shared on here with you. I guess the truth just doesn't mean anything to you at all.

View attachment 628374
Brown was on Bush’s shortlist to replace her. She would have been the first Black woman ever nominated to serve as an associate justice of the Supreme Court. But Biden appeared on CBS’s “Face the Nation” to warn that if Bush nominated Brown, she would face a filibuster. “I can assure you that would be a very, very, very difficult fight and she probably would be filibustered,” Biden said. Asked by moderator John Roberts “Wasn’t she just confirmed?,” Biden replied that the Supreme Court is a “totally different ballgame” because “a circuit court judge is bound by stare decisis. They don’t get to make new law.”
What Biden threatened was unprecedented. There has never been a successful filibuster of a nominee for associate justice in the history of the republic. Biden wanted to make a Black woman the first in history to have her nomination killed by filibuster. Bush eventually nominated Samuel A. Alito Jr.

Comment:
Read the article.
Judge Brown was more qualified than Jackson, but because she was too mainstream for Biden and the crazy left Dems they blocked her before she could even get a hearing.
Xiden is a racist

(I found it REALLY telling, that this particular episode, the "Face the Nation," YouTube Channel? They sort of lost that one or had deleted it. . . . )

:auiqs.jpg:

Thread sumary:

Republicans are being as deliberately dishonest. And no one is surprised.

First, Brown was never nominated to the SC, or being considered for the SC. Her thing was about a DC Circuit Court nomination.

All the Republicans here were clueless about about that. I cazn't say they're lying, because they're all literally too stupid to lie. They were given some propaganda to repeat, and like the obedient cult zombies they are, none of them considered checking it. Conservatives aren't supposed to think, they're supposed to blindly obey, and they do.

Second, Joe Biden never said being a black woman was the only qualification, as they're implying. That's the basis of their hypocrisy argument, and it's a big steaming pile. The threat of filibuster was issued because she was so hostile to civil rights, and she was a wild-eyed extremist judicial activist who thought the Constitution was whatever she wanted it to be. Blocking her was protecting minorities.

So, do any of you Republicans regret pushing this big lie, or, as usual, do you only regret getting busted for it?

(You don't have to answer. We already know Republicans never feel regret in any form about lying.)

Thread sumary:

Republicans are being as deliberately dishonest. And no one is surprised.

First, Brown was never nominated to the SC, or being considered for the SC. Her thing was about a DC Circuit Court nomination.

All the Republicans here were clueless about about that. I cazn't say they're lying, because they're all literally too stupid to lie. They were given some propaganda to repeat, and like the obedient cult zombies they are, none of them considered checking it. Conservatives aren't supposed to think, they're supposed to blindly obey, and they do.

Second, Joe Biden never said being a black woman was the only qualification, as they're implying. That's the basis of their hypocrisy argument, and it's a big steaming pile. The threat of filibuster was issued because she was so hostile to civil rights, and she was a wild-eyed extremist judicial activist who thought the Constitution was whatever she wanted it to be. Blocking her was protecting minorities.

So, do any of you Republicans regret pushing this big lie, or, as usual, do you only regret getting busted for it?

(You don't have to answer. We already know Republicans never feel regret in any form about lying.)
lol.

You did not even watch the clip did you.

Don't believe our lying eyes, believe you.

Of course she wasn't nominated. Biden's threat of deploying the unprecedented partisan use of a SCOTUS filibuster was enough to dissuade Bush from nominating her.

:rolleyes:

iu

View attachment 628374

Comment:
Read the article.
Biden is a Jackass for many things he has done and I am going to write it I consider the idiot a moronic racist bigot that only nominated Harris as VP to garner black vote and picked his USSC because of her skin color and sex, so Biden is truly pathetic!

Plugs has overtly hated black people his entire life. His adoration for the Grand Kleagle KKK Byrd was one of the few genuine feelings that stuttering shit clown has had in the last 50 years.

Forum List

Back