Senate Passes Bill to Avoid Rail Strike

Sure they are better off. It's us who suffer as our dependency on foreign made products increase. Don't you remember covid? All our PPE was made in China, and they're not about to take care of us first.

Of course we can't work for Chinese wages, but other factors are considered such as transportation costs and manufacturing close to your customer base. When the cost of making products here exceed the costs of making products overseas including shipping and warehousing, those products are then moved overseas.

So tell me, if everything we buy were made in China or another country, where would we Americans work?
Those companies that left were going to leave regardless. Buh bye. They like less productive workers more.

Perhaps but if inflation does lower then they will be getting a larger than inflation increase for the next couple of years.

And to be honest if I were earning six figures doing a job, I wouldn't complain about anything. I (and most Americans) would be too happy to work for what they are working for today.
You have not provided a link showing rail workers average six figures

So you sold out to your employer because he doesn‘t want to pay a fair wage. You have already made it clear they fucked you over on healthcare.

Teamsters would have made sure you had a fair wage and health benefits to cover you when you got cancer

Where in hell do you think money comes from, trees?

If my company grossed 1 million a year, but it cost us 1.1 million a year in all expenses, the company closes down. Nobody can stay in business operating at a loss. You think when employees want something, all the employer has to do is snap his fingers and it magically appears. Or perhaps he has to do with one less yacht a year. People like you watch way too many movies and think it's reality.

So you sold out to your employer because he doesn‘t want to pay a fair wage. You have already made it clear they fucked you over on healthcare.

Teamsters would have made sure you had a fair wage and health benefits to cover you when you got cancer
I would have left that employer for a better one. Loyalty no longer has a place in business.

The "crises" was the looming strike & they didn't let it go to waste, did they?
They got involved in private business dealings when they should've stayed in the own lane.

Would a coloring book help you follow along?
Derp…why would the strike be a crisis, dope?
The crisis would have been a huge disruption to the supply chain if a strike had occurred. Not the strike itself.

Where in hell do you think money comes from, trees?

If my company grossed 1 million a year, but it cost us 1.1 million a year in all expenses, the company closes down. Nobody can stay in business operating at a loss. You think when employees want something, all the employer has to do is snap his fingers and it magically appears. Or perhaps he has to do with one less yacht a year. People like you watch way too many movies and think it's reality.

You meekly complied with your employers who did not want to pay union wages.
Truckers had it MUCH better when the Teamsters were representing them

Once truckers were willing to work for nonunion wages, you all got fucked over.

And you brag over shit nonunion wages and crappy health benefits. $65,000 and no health benefits

Yea, dumping unions really worked out for you

And you brag over shit nonunion wages and crappy health benefits. $65,000 and no health benefits

Again, you watch way too many movies. There is a difference between "not wanting to" and "can't." Explain to me how an employer is supposed to pay union wages and benefits if he doesn't have the money to do so. You people that never ran a business before dream up a lot of bullshit in your heads. You think all business owners have a pile of money in a room somewhere where they strip down naked and roll around in it.

So you have a union trucking company (since you want to use that as an example) and I own a non-union trucking company. You have to charge a customer $400.00 for a delivery that my company can do for $300.00. How are you to compete with me? You can't. It's financially impossible. All your customers are going to start using my company for their deliveries to save money.

Whether for it or not trucks became dominant as compared to rail in many ways. So many more trucks were needed.

Again, you watch way too many movies. There is a difference between "not wanting to" and "can't." Explain to me how an employer is supposed to pay union wages and benefits if he doesn't have the money to do so. You people that never ran a business before dream up a lot of bullshit in your heads. You think all business owners have a pile of money in a room somewhere where they strip down naked and roll around in it.

So you have a union trucking company (since you want to use that as an example) and I own a non-union trucking company. You have to charge a customer $400.00 for a delivery that my company can do for $300.00. How are you to compete with me? You can't. It's financially impossible. All your customers are going to start using my company for their deliveries to save money.
Don't hire if you don't want to pay. Problem solved.

Guess what Ray?

You drove the trucks, YOU called the shots
The Teamsters knew that and demanded good wages and full benefits. Say No and you faced a crippling Teamster strike.
Your goods don’t move.

But you meekly sold out to nonunion drivers and now you are stuck at $65 k a year with shit health benefits

Who won that one Ray?
The drivers or the employers?

Guess what Ray?

You drove the trucks, YOU called the shots
The Teamsters knew that and demanded good wages and full benefits. Say No and you faced a crippling Teamster strike.
Your goods don’t move.

But you meekly sold out to nonunion drivers and now you are stuck at $65 k a year with shit health benefits

Who won that one Ray?
The drivers or the employers?

Unions have been out of most trucking companies for a long time now, even before I got into it.

So our employees join a union. Now a non-union company puts us out of business. How would that benefit me? I no longer have a job. And you have yet to explain to me how a company stays in business when the cost to operate it exceeds any profit. Please explain that one to me.

Unions have been out of most trucking companies for a long time now, even before I got into it.

So our employees join a union. Now a non-union company puts us out of business. How would that benefit me? I no longer have a job. And you have yet to explain to me how a company stays in business when the cost to operate it exceeds any profit. Please explain that one to me.
Welcome to the world your Republicans invented

They allowed non-union shops to undercut union workers. YOU got fucked Ray. Teamsters would have made sure you got good wages and benefits.
Your life would be much better if you worshipped Jimmy Hoffa instead of the Republican Party

Welcome to the world your Republicans invented

They allowed non-union shops to undercut union workers. YOU got fucked Ray. Teamsters would have made sure you got good wages and benefits.
Your life would be much better if you worshipped Jimmy Hoffa instead of the Republican Party

Republicans didn't invent anything. When costs became too great here, businesses packed up and moved to another state or country. Republicans had nothing to do with that. Americans became very frugal back in the 80's after the great recession. We bought cheaper products made overseas to save money.

While unions wanted to keep making it more expensive to do business here, it was Republicans like Reagan, GW and Trump that lowered their taxes to help keep those jobs here.

Republicans didn't invent anything. When costs became too great here, businesses packed up and moved to another state or country. Republicans had nothing to do with that. Americans became very frugal back in the 80's after the great recession. We bought cheaper products made overseas to save money.

While unions wanted to keep making it more expensive to do business here, it was Republicans like Reagan, GW and Trump that lowered their taxes to help keep those jobs here.

Republicans undercut union rights to the point unions had no influence over trucking.

The Teamsters were the most powerful union in the country. Nothing moved without their say so
Again you somehow claim that railroad jobs and now trucking jobs would have moved to China if Reagan hadn’t handstrung the unions.

Your life as a trucker would have been better off under Jimmy Hoffa than the Republicans you worship

unions are only 5% of the national workforce dipshit, many people get by with those criminals

Republicans undercut union rights to the point unions had no influence over trucking.

The Teamsters were the most powerful union in the country. Nothing moved without their say so
Again you somehow claim that railroad jobs and now trucking jobs would have moved to China if Reagan hadn’t handstrung the unions.

Your life as a trucker would have been better off under Jimmy Hoffa than the Republicans you worship

I never said that rail workers and truckers could move somewhere else, I said other union jobs that could move moved somewhere else. Either that or workers were replaced by automation.

So what union rights did Republicans undercut? Republicans had no control over that.

That's a load of crap. The GOP voted against the bill because it was unfair to the workers, not to deny them paid sick days!

HTF can you work with no paid time off? The lying POC Biden screws Americans again stepping in telling a company how to run its business screwing the workers! Workers who mean FAR MORE to our economy than that asshole does! If I were them, I'd strike anyway!

My god, it's not like they don't deserve it or the money isn't there. Meantime, the average EU worker gets 4-6 weeks paid time off their first year on the job!
Bullshit. Trump's asseaters like Rafael Lyin Ted Cruz were against the workers getting the paid sick leave.

I never said that rail workers and truckers could move somewhere else, I said other union jobs that could move moved somewhere else. Either that or workers were replaced by automation.

So what union rights did Republicans undercut? Republicans had no control over that.
What the hell are you talking about? The GOP has been trying to undermine unions on behalf of their corporate cronies ever since that bastard Reagen fired the air traffic controllers. That fuck opened the door for the anti union movement.

Forum List

Back