Senate Passes Bill to Avoid Rail Strike

I never said that rail workers and truckers could move somewhere else, I said other union jobs that could move moved somewhere else. Either that or workers were replaced by automation.

So what union rights did Republicans undercut? Republicans had no control over that.

Union Rights undercut by Republicans

Right to Work Laws= Right to be paid lower wages

Correct, there have been no major strikes in decades because outside of government, we got rid of unions.

How is a 24% increase in pay negotiable? Did the union offer 6%, 10%, 13%? No. They want 24% take it or leave it. You call that good faith?

And according to the link I posted, the rail workers in question are making well into the 6 figure range, and have always had a cost of living raise or better the last 10 years. Outside of sick pay, the benefits seem pretty generous as well.
Rail workers are making six figures? So what? Why don't you mention the millions paid to rail executives, or is that different? Do you have any idea that rail workers are responsible for the safe passage of thousands of riders every single day?

So, what happens if they strike anyway? I guess they would be breaking a federal law, can get arrested, and they can get fired. Good old pro-union Joe.

1670019052124.png

1670019213774.png

Biden Defends Decision To Impose Rail Deal Without Sick Leave To Avoid Strike

Please provide "credible" proof that "Biden was against giving rail workers sick leave." Biden just wanted to avert a strike at this time.
Biden claimed he had a deal done with the railroad union in September but only a few smaller unions supported it. He never negotiated a paid sick leave plan and just passed the buck to congress when the bigger unions were against it. Now the union workers have no paid sick leave and can't even strike. Biden fucked over them.

Biden claimed he had a deal done with the railroad union in September but only a few smaller unions supported it. He never negotiated a paid sick leave plan and just passed the buck to congress when the bigger unions were against it. Now the union workers have no paid sick leave and can't even strike. Biden fucked over them.

Sounds like maybe he did. IF he did - SHAME ON HIM!

Union Rights undercut by Republicans

Right to Work Laws= Right to be paid lower wages
Nothing wrong with that thinking. Now think about a decade or two. Chinese electric vehicles made by lower wage people or American versions by unions. What do you think people will purchase?

Unions generally suck. The issue for conservatives here is the federal government meddling this directly in private business. I was fine with Reagan firing the air traffic controllers because they were federal workers.
When Reagan did that he lost my respect. Nobody owes YOU anything especially a worker.

Rail workers are making six figures? So what? Why don't you mention the millions paid to rail executives, or is that different? Do you have any idea that rail workers are responsible for the safe passage of thousands of riders every single day?

So what does that have to do with the price of rice in China? They are getting paid a great wage, have decent benefits, and are doing better than most blue collar workers. What more do you want?

Forum List

Back