Senate cannot try a private citizen !!!

In DC there may have been one dead hero and that hero was not killed by rioters but by Capitol Security.
You are supporting a domestic terrorist. You are a piece of shit
Wrong. I support the Constitution you seem determined to wipe your stinky ass on.
No you don't.
Former President Donald Trump can be convicted in an impeachment trial for his role in inciting the Capitol insurrection on Jan. 6 even though he is no longer in office, a bipartisan group of constitutional law scholars wrote in a letter Thursday.
And other and more impressive legal scholars say just the opposite. Alan Dershowitz is one.
During the stealing of the presidency some judges cited the principal of "latches" to deny Trump
legal pleadings.

Latches means in plain English "not timely or you're too late".
I wouldn't use Dershowitz as an example. He is listed as a visitor to Jeffrey's island.
Attorney Alan Dershowitz and the Jeffrey Epstein Case
nymag.com › intelligencer › 2019/07 › alan-dershowitz-j...

Jul 19, 2019 — The famed attorney Alan Dershowitz's onetime client Jeffrey Epstein was ... Dershowitz liked the island and has been coming back for 50 years. ... When I visited his downstairs bathroom, I noticed it was decorated with cheeky ...
Could be a reason for his reversal as an ultra-liberal to a defender of trump and Jeffrey, yes?
Your boys during Trump's inauguration American hater.
Anarchists aren’t anyone’s boys. You are just desperate now.
There was no outrage over on your side when it happens to a Republican. Only silence, and in fact Harris raised funds for bail for the democrat scumbags over the summer. That should get her impeached.
No, Harris didn't. You scumbags are trying to treat a legitimate protest over murders of unarmed citizens that actually happened to an insurrection because of something that didn't. There is no equivalence.
1 day of rioting incited and engaged in by Antifa and BLM, the 1st Trump even in hundreds, with millions attending those events combined, in which violence occurred...but it was just another day of violence for Antifa and BLM.

The destruction caused by these foreign-funded Democrat-supported domestic terrorist has cost our communities hundreds of BILLIONS of dollars...

...and unlike the Capitol event, it continues...just as Harris said it would...just as she called for it to continue.

"IT SHOULD NOT STOP. WE SHOULD NOT STOP!'

IMPEACH HER ASS!
Not that accuracy matters to you...but supporting PROTESTS is far different from supporting riots.

You hate both in the case of the events of the summer and SUPPORT both in the case of the Capitol Insurrection
Don't look now but you are doing the same thing. Who decides what is a riot and what is a protest?
No one but Trumpers could watch and hear all the video of those SAVAGES who broke in to the capitol searching for Pence to hang him, and others, or brutally and viciously attacking Capitol police with flag poles still bearing our sacred flag and 2x4s, and baseball bats, and fire extinguishers,

could not know the attack on the capitol was a riot and attempted insurrection.

You lost your "the party of law and order" claim....that you never should have owned in the first place.
They were let in by the police. It was a photo op your still milking. The one breaking the windows was a Bernie supporter so you have skin in this also.
The police did not let anybody in to destroy and kill.
They let them in for a photo op. Democrats have blood on their hands.
Nope! They are under investigation for being TRUMP sympathizers... :rolleyes:
There are also blm and antifa under investigation, we know they're liberals.
We do? What we know is that they are mostly black and you can translate that any way it suits you. If liberal they probably vote with the Dems, but so what? Violence
should not be tolerated and our military should clean it up because it is probably the same group that is being encouraged by white supremacists or some other entity.
The military couldn't go in because the liberal mayors and governors wanted the violence.
Nope, the mayor doesn't control the capitol btw, and others like the governor of Maryland asked for permission for the Maryland NG to be brought in.... but it took 2 hours plus, to get the permission from the Trump admin to enter DC.
Trump offered Portland the national guard and said they would stop it. They said no. Stop trying to rewrite history. You people ruined thousands of peoples lives. Trying to make Trump look bad, you people are scum.
I'm sorry, Portland is Portland's problem....the governor and mayor and citizens in that state can work and solve their problems... I have zero say.

But the US Capitol is my capitol and your capitol and the nation's capitol.... I do have say, the damage and harm by these rioters, hurt me and all other Americans across the nation.

Why even try to compare Apples and oranges?
Portland and DC are BOTH equally America and belong equally to all American citizens. Or did before it was overrun by Biden's Bitches. But that won't last either.
The buildings in Oregon that were destroyed do NOT belong equally to all American citizens. Stop trying to compare the two violent acts so that you can gain some solace. Why are you politicizing these incidents unless you think that an attack on our government demands the same attention as any other violent act?
Usurping our Democracy and trying to kill our lawmakers deserves what those criminal insurrectionists will get. They were trying to create a coup for that encouraging menace, Trump. A little different purpose, yes? Think about a dictatorship under the control of Trump and his thugs. The attackers out west will also get theirs and it is time that force is used--lethal force.
Actually the 1/6 DC protest saw little violence and by far the worst of that was perpetrated by the Capitol police. The left wing riots over that last couple of years have been far more violent. Politicizing? Biden's Bitches have been doing their utmost to generate mass hysteria over a minor event to provide an excuse to militarize DC as a means to terrorize and dominate citizens and seize control of public and private property indefinitely. And of course use the China Flu hysteria to control and manipulate people nationwide. If anybody else were doing it it would be considered fear mongering. One instance of violence deserves equal attention as does the same level of violence occurring elsewhere regardless of any political considerations. But that not what we are seeing. Not near. You are the "attacker," dumbazz, as well as a massive hypocrite with suicidal tendencies.

"Those who are in oregon know..

Oregon anarchists. Been around for decades and pop up every so often. Especially in Portland and Eugene. They show up, break stuff until they get arrested and disappear for a few more years. Basically hippies that get violent. They don't have anything to do with Antifa, BLM or really anything. They are just pain in the ass kids that end up ruining their lives going to jail for being stupid.
its reality, deal with it."
I say that we forgive the Insurrection and refer to it as a visit by peaceful protesters, yes? That is your take on it. You are making lite of a very serious episode in U.S history, as trump-a-dumps stormed the Capitol, trashed the place, went hunting for certain lawmakers, killed 6 people in their effort to denigrate the seat of our Democracy. No attempt at rationalization or comparing it to other illicit activities will ever change its place in history since history will treat this attack as an insurrection against our government.

Trump is using these fringe people to take revenge on the country and the Republican party.

That's what he has always done when he fails. He's out to destroy America.

Do we? Do you really think that there aren't 17 Republicans who hate Trump in the Senate and blame him for the carnage he inflicted on their party.

No, I don't. Not enough to give the democrats a conviction. Handing the democrats such a victory harms the GOP far more than Trump ever could...

If he's convicted, there's no way he'd bet on the ballot in many states.

Every single thing you said, with the exception of simply embarrassing him, which has already been accomplished, only happens if he's convicted.

And that's a pretty big "IF"...

As far as him never getting elected again... he was never supposed to get elected to start with.

Says who?

Well, to keep him from selling that information, to start with. We know the guy is desperate for money with his businesses now being toxic and his creditors a calling.

You obviously have no clue as to how classified information, and access to it, is handled. Having a clearance is only part of the equation. One must also have a need to know. I had a Top Secret clearance when I was on active duty. The information I worked with and the operations I was involved in required that level. But that doesn't mean that I could demand access to anything classified "TS" or lower. Even if something was only confidential or secret, I would have to have a "need to know" in order to be granted access.

Your ridiculous concern about Trump selling classified information makes for a great plot for a Robert Ludlum novel, bit it's pretty well divorced from reality...

That's why they need to convict him, to strip him of access.

You need to wrap that pointed little head of yours around the fact that he won't be convicted by the Senate...

We'll see. Nobody's ever tested the theory before.

The pardons would have to be directly connected to the crime for which Trump would be convicted. Which pardons were given in direct connection with the attack on the Capitol?

The Republicans might not be capable of common decency, we've seen that in the last four years, but they are capable of self-preservation. By not convicting Trump, they will have created the executive power of "inciting a mob" to attack Congress.

_6279349.JPG

Actually, the real political peril is for the REpublicans. If they vote to convict, the Bleach Drinkers will turn on them. If they fail to convict, they will have openly endorsed Trump's racism and attacks on democracy. they are kind of screwed either way, but they are better off convicting him and purging him from their party.

Do you dipshits inject race into everything? What was it about the attack on the Capitol (which is what he was impeached for) that was racist?

Also, a failure to convict is not an endorsement of anything. The democrats must prove their case, just like if you or I were charged; those making the charges would have to prove them. Seeing as there was no real investigation, and no evidence beyond a statement he made which is open to interpretation, a conviction isn't going to be in the cards, and it will be because democrats failed to prove their case...

I don't know if convicting Trump helps or hurts the Republican Party. And I really don't give a shit. For the most part the GOP has been complicit in what that asshole did> Fuck em>

McConnell however thinks convicting will help the GOP. Suits me. Trump needs to be punished for what he did.

I don't know if convicting Trump helps or hurts the Republican Party. And I really don't give a shit. For the most part the GOP has been complicit in what that asshole did> Fuck em>

McConnell however thinks convicting will help the GOP. Suits me. Trump needs to be punished for what he did.

And what is that punishment to be?

And what is that punishment to be?
Conviction in the Senate and denial to ever hold office again.

Bare minimum

Here are two undeniable truths for you:

1) Trump won't be convicted
2) Trump will never be elected to office again

The reality is that the left is eager to piss away millions on a trial which everyone knows will end in an acquittal.

The status quo will not change...

Those are actually debatable assertions.

He MAY be convicted and he COULD run for President again...and YOU would support him

Trump no longer holds the office of POTUS, so he can't be tried via impeachment.
There is clear precedent that says you're wrong.

Secretary of War Belknap in the 1860s was Impeached and tried AFTER resigning his office, He as a private citizen at that point

Those are actually debatable assertions.

I don't believe they are. The GOP is simply not going to hand the democrats that kind of victory...

He MAY be convicted and he COULD run for President again...and YOU would support him

You know how I know you're stupid?

I've mentioned several times that I would not vote for Trump again. I've been quite clear about that.

Yet you're too stupid to understand exactly what that means...

I don't believe they are. The GOP is simply not going to hand the democrats that kind of victory...
McConnell apparently sees getting rid of Trump as a GOP victory., Take it up with him. I could care less. He should be held accountable as far as I'm concerned.
I've mentioned several times that I would not vote for Trump again.
You voted for Trump at least once and you call ME stupid??

In DC there may have been one dead hero and that hero was not killed by rioters but by Capitol Security.
You are supporting a domestic terrorist. You are a piece of shit
Wrong. I support the Constitution you seem determined to wipe your stinky ass on.
No you don't.
Former President Donald Trump can be convicted in an impeachment trial for his role in inciting the Capitol insurrection on Jan. 6 even though he is no longer in office, a bipartisan group of constitutional law scholars wrote in a letter Thursday.
And other and more impressive legal scholars say just the opposite. Alan Dershowitz is one.
During the stealing of the presidency some judges cited the principal of "latches" to deny Trump
legal pleadings.

Latches means in plain English "not timely or you're too late".
I wouldn't use Dershowitz as an example. He is listed as a visitor to Jeffrey's island.
Attorney Alan Dershowitz and the Jeffrey Epstein Case
nymag.com › intelligencer › 2019/07 › alan-dershowitz-j...

Jul 19, 2019 — The famed attorney Alan Dershowitz's onetime client Jeffrey Epstein was ... Dershowitz liked the island and has been coming back for 50 years. ... When I visited his downstairs bathroom, I noticed it was decorated with cheeky ...
Could be a reason for his reversal as an ultra-liberal to a defender of trump and Jeffrey, yes?
Your boys during Trump's inauguration American hater.
Anarchists aren’t anyone’s boys. You are just desperate now.
There was no outrage over on your side when it happens to a Republican. Only silence, and in fact Harris raised funds for bail for the democrat scumbags over the summer. That should get her impeached.
No, Harris didn't. You scumbags are trying to treat a legitimate protest over murders of unarmed citizens that actually happened to an insurrection because of something that didn't. There is no equivalence.
1 day of rioting incited and engaged in by Antifa and BLM, the 1st Trump even in hundreds, with millions attending those events combined, in which violence occurred...but it was just another day of violence for Antifa and BLM.

The destruction caused by these foreign-funded Democrat-supported domestic terrorist has cost our communities hundreds of BILLIONS of dollars...

...and unlike the Capitol event, it continues...just as Harris said it would...just as she called for it to continue.

"IT SHOULD NOT STOP. WE SHOULD NOT STOP!'

IMPEACH HER ASS!
Not that accuracy matters to you...but supporting PROTESTS is far different from supporting riots.

You hate both in the case of the events of the summer and SUPPORT both in the case of the Capitol Insurrection
Don't look now but you are doing the same thing. Who decides what is a riot and what is a protest?
No one but Trumpers could watch and hear all the video of those SAVAGES who broke in to the capitol searching for Pence to hang him, and others, or brutally and viciously attacking Capitol police with flag poles still bearing our sacred flag and 2x4s, and baseball bats, and fire extinguishers,

could not know the attack on the capitol was a riot and attempted insurrection.

You lost your "the party of law and order" claim....that you never should have owned in the first place.
They were let in by the police. It was a photo op your still milking. The one breaking the windows was a Bernie supporter so you have skin in this also.
The police did not let anybody in to destroy and kill.
They let them in for a photo op. Democrats have blood on their hands.
Nope! They are under investigation for being TRUMP sympathizers... :rolleyes:
There are also blm and antifa under investigation, we know they're liberals.
We do? What we know is that they are mostly black and you can translate that any way it suits you. If liberal they probably vote with the Dems, but so what? Violence
should not be tolerated and our military should clean it up because it is probably the same group that is being encouraged by white supremacists or some other entity.
The military couldn't go in because the liberal mayors and governors wanted the violence.
Nope, the mayor doesn't control the capitol btw, and others like the governor of Maryland asked for permission for the Maryland NG to be brought in.... but it took 2 hours plus, to get the permission from the Trump admin to enter DC.
Trump offered Portland the national guard and said they would stop it. They said no. Stop trying to rewrite history. You people ruined thousands of peoples lives. Trying to make Trump look bad, you people are scum.
I'm sorry, Portland is Portland's problem....the governor and mayor and citizens in that state can work and solve their problems... I have zero say.

But the US Capitol is my capitol and your capitol and the nation's capitol.... I do have say, the damage and harm by these rioters, hurt me and all other Americans across the nation.

Why even try to compare Apples and oranges?
Portland and DC are BOTH equally America and belong equally to all American citizens. Or did before it was overrun by Biden's Bitches. But that won't last either.
The buildings in Oregon that were destroyed do NOT belong equally to all American citizens. Stop trying to compare the two violent acts so that you can gain some solace. Why are you politicizing these incidents unless you think that an attack on our government demands the same attention as any other violent act?
Usurping our Democracy and trying to kill our lawmakers deserves what those criminal insurrectionists will get. They were trying to create a coup for that encouraging menace, Trump. A little different purpose, yes? Think about a dictatorship under the control of Trump and his thugs. The attackers out west will also get theirs and it is time that force is used--lethal force.
Actually the 1/6 DC protest saw little violence and by far the worst of that was perpetrated by the Capitol police. The left wing riots over that last couple of years have been far more violent. Politicizing? Biden's Bitches have been doing their utmost to generate mass hysteria over a minor event to provide an excuse to militarize DC as a means to terrorize and dominate citizens and seize control of public and private property indefinitely. And of course use the China Flu hysteria to control and manipulate people nationwide. If anybody else were doing it it would be considered fear mongering. One instance of violence deserves equal attention as does the same level of violence occurring elsewhere regardless of any political considerations. But that not what we are seeing. Not near. You are the "attacker," dumbazz, as well as a massive hypocrite with suicidal tendencies.

"Those who are in oregon know..

Oregon anarchists. Been around for decades and pop up every so often. Especially in Portland and Eugene. They show up, break stuff until they get arrested and disappear for a few more years. Basically hippies that get violent. They don't have anything to do with Antifa, BLM or really anything. They are just pain in the ass kids that end up ruining their lives going to jail for being stupid.
its reality, deal with it."
I say that we forgive the Insurrection and refer to it as a visit by peaceful protesters, yes? That is your take on it. You are making lite of a very serious episode in U.S history, as trump-a-dumps stormed the Capitol, trashed the place, went hunting for certain lawmakers, killed 6 people in their effort to denigrate the seat of our Democracy. No attempt at rationalization or comparing it to other illicit activities will ever change its place in history since history will treat this attack as an insurrection against our government.
Tell Andy Ngo there is no Antifa in Oregon. You are full of crap! Full.

McConnell apparently sees getting rid of Trump as a GOP victory.

And Trump is already gone. Even dyed in the wool Republicans won't vote for him again. Only those on the extreme right would, and that's going to be woefully insufficient to get him elected. The GOP already has their victory. Handing an impeachment victory to the democrats would destroy the GOP for generations, and McConnell won't do that. If he thought there was a snowball's chance in Hell of a conviction, he would not be supporting an impeachment trial.

Or aren't you smart enough to know how shit like this works?

He should be held accountable as far as I'm concerned.

Held accountable for what, and how?

You voted for Trump at least once and you call ME stupid??

You're stupid because, despite me stating that I would not vote for him or support him, you continue to lie and say I would.

But, you're a non-thinking, leftist piece of shit, so lying is pretty much all you've got...

The Democrats conceded the 2016 election within 24 hours.

They spent the next 4 years collaborating with our enemies, violating both Constitution and laws, illegally spying on Americans, continuously attempting failed coup attempts for 4 YEARS, affected an admittedly politically partisan Impeachment, Obstructed Justice, committed Perjury, hid evidence, manufactured false evidence, censured the US AG for NOT breaking the law, created a 'Revenge Committee', are talking about rounding up Conservatives and Trump Supporters to put them in 're-education camps', created the 'Capitol Riot' theatrics to label Conservatives and Trump Supporters - all of them - as terrorists and to set up false accusations against Trump so they could Impeach him again, and are ADMITTEDLY conducting ANOTHER politically partisan Impeachment in an attempt to eliminate President Trump as a political threat in 2024 & beyond...

Yeah, you asshole 'conceded the election', forgot the whole thing, and moved on...

WHEN WILL THAT FINALLY BE, AGAIN?

:p

Secretary of War Belknap in the 1860s was Impeached and tried AFTER resigning his office, He as a private citizen at that point
Bellknap resigned specifically to avoid his impeachment.
When you leave out pertinent facts it makes people think you are lying and hiding something. Which of course, you are.

Bellknap does not set a precedent for Trump because the circumstances of
their respective impeachments are different.

In any event John Roberts has already said he would NOT preside (a Constitutional must do-No Chief Justice, no impeachment) at the Trump impeachment farce because Trump cannot be impeached since he is not in office anymore.

So how many ways can you be blowing smoke out your ass?

Trump no longer holds the office of POTUS, so he can't be tried via impeachment.

haha, the Senate voted itself has jurisdiction to put Belknap on trial. Do you think this will fly in 2021? Also, pt 1???
Starting on April 5, 1876, Belknap was tried by the Senate.[ For several weeks Senators argued over whether the Senate had jurisdiction to put Belknap on trial since he had already resigned office in March. Belknap's defense managers argued that the Senate had no jurisdiction; the Senate ruled by a vote of 37–29 that it did. Belknap was charged with five articles of impeachment, and the Senate listened to over 40 witnesses. With 40 votes needed for conviction, the Senate voted 35 to 25 to convict Belknap, with one Senator not voting, thus acquitting Belknap of all charges by failing to reach the required two-thirds majority. All Senators agreed that Belknap took the money from Marsh, but 23 who voted for acquittal believed that the Senate did not have jurisdiction¹. Grant's speedy acceptance of Belknap's resignation undoubtedly saved him from conviction. After the trial, Belknap's wife and children traveled to and remained in Europe.[89] Former Senator Matthew H. Carpenter of Wisconsin, who had defended Belknap at the Senate trial, said that Belknap was entirely innocent and that if he outlived Belknap he would clear Belknap's name. Carpenter was reelected to the Senate in 1879, but had been in ill health; he died in February 1881, but never produced any new evidence.

His case was dismissed in the Senate, Dummy.

They have zero constitutional power or right to do so
Trying T on fake charges is only a “ Soviet show trial “

These articles say that Senator Leahy will preside.
Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., the longest-serving Senate Democrat, will preside over former President Donald Trump's impeachment trial instead of Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, The Hill reported.

The Democrats conceded the 2016 election within 24 hours.

They spent the next 4 years collaborating with our enemies, violating both Constitution and laws, illegally spying on Americans, continuously attempting failed coup attempts for 4 YEARS, affected an admittedly politically partisan Impeachment, Obstructed Justice, committed Perjury, hid evidence, manufactured false evidence, censured the US AG for NOT breaking the law, created a 'Revenge Committee', are talking about rounding up Conservatives and Trump Supporters to put them in 're-education camps', created the 'Capitol Riot' theatrics to label Conservatives and Trump Supporters - all of them - as terrorists and to set up false accusations against Trump so they could Impeach him again, and are ADMITTEDLY conducting ANOTHER politically partisan Impeachment in an attempt to eliminate President Trump as a political threat in 2024 & beyond...

Yeah, you asshole 'conceded the election', forgot the whole thing, and moved on...

WHEN WILL THAT FINALLY BE, AGAIN?

:p
They conceded the election, hotshot. All that crap that you are inventing has nothing to do with conceding the election. During the last 4 years, Trump has created a toxicity in our country the likes of which has never been seen before.
Trump created the mess that he got himself into. 'False evidence, AG and the law, revenge committee, create Capitol riot errorists, etc., collaborating, coup attempts,
spying' is a crock of shit. You are one sick puppy and your accusations are as phony as it gets.

phony (as in "hypocrite") n. : a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he or she does not hold in order to conceal his or her real feelings or motives

Forum List

Back