Secretary of State Gingrich?

Chief of Homeland Security Rudy Giuliani?

Close friends and allies of the president-elect are poised to take power.
http://www.usnews.com/news/politics...ince-priebus-top-potential-trump-cabinet-list

What was it The Donald had to say about Cronyism (the appointment of friends and associates to positions of authority, without proper regard to their qualifications)?
Both Gingrich and Giuliani are clearly qualified to hold such offices, but just as clearly her performance has shown Clinton was not qualified to be Secretary of State.
but they are the ''elite'', the insiders? Those who Trump spoke down about...who make the system rigged, the swamp people who need drained?
They are distinguished individuals who broke with the Party establishment to support Trump which means they are not insiders.
there could be no more of an insider and no more of a K- streeter than Gingrich....he's a big time lobbyist for goodness sakes!

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics...ince-priebus-top-potential-trump-cabinet-list

What was it The Donald had to say about Cronyism (the appointment of friends and associates to positions of authority, without proper regard to their qualifications)?
Both Gingrich and Giuliani are clearly qualified to hold such offices, but just as clearly her performance has shown Clinton was not qualified to be Secretary of State.
but they are the ''elite'', the insiders? Those who Trump spoke down about...who make the system rigged, the swamp people who need drained?
They are distinguished individuals who broke with the Party establishment to support Trump which means they are not insiders.
there could be no more of an insider and no more of a K- streeter than Gingrich....he's a big time lobbyist for goodness sakes!

Yeah, i'm shaky on Gingrich myself. Trump should probably stay away from Establishment retreads. If he doesn't, it could upset a lot of his supporters.

Newt is qualified for any position in a Trump administration. So is Giuliani. I'm confident he will pick a great team.

Before it was all about change, all about ending the problems that exist now. Now he's got in, it's all about keeping things the same. That's Trump.

Not sure about Newt. He's been a bit too Neocon-ish for me. Although he has come around a bit in recent years. And he did get spending under control when he ran the House.

I just don't want the Neocon Warmongering stuff. I hope Trump doesn't fall under their influence. I'm worried about some names i'm hearing for his Administration. He needs to stay far away from Establishment and Bush Neocon assholes. Needs some fresh faces. It's why the People put him in there.
You have to remember that he is looking for people who have the expertise. Surely Giuliani and Newt have that expertise. I am more worried about Trump's son-in-law being Chief of Staff. He could limit the people get to the President offering him advice.

He needs fresh faces. I don't even care if they don't have much experience in Government. He has to be very careful stocking his Administration full of Establishment retreads. His supporters are watching closely.
Why would you object to Gingrich and Giuliani? They are both very smart, very capable men who strongly support Trump's agenda. To my mind that makes them perfect candidates for these offices.

I'm ok with Giuliani. He's a close trusted friend of Trump's. I can understand Trump going with him. But Gingrich has those Neocon Warmonger tendencies. And he's a bit of an Establishment retread.

Trump has to be careful about the retreads. It's not what most of his supporters wanna see. He needs fresh new faces. Maybe even throw a few Libertarian-leaning folks in there.
Gingrich came into Congress as a early Reagan supporter and you may recall Reagan ran against the Republican establishment for many years and eventually remade the culture of the Party. That means Gingrich entered politics as a rebel and while he rose high in the Party for a time, he has now broken with the Party establishment to support Trump.

It is important to remember that it is the President who sets policy, not cabinet members, and cabinet members who implement his policies.

He is hardly an insider. He entered politics by supporting Reagan in opposing the party establishment and he has broken with the present party establishment by now supporting Trump. He has continued to be active in politics and has a following within the party as you have pointed out, but he has not been an insider since he left office in the 1990's.

Not sure about Newt. He's been a bit too Neocon-ish for me. Although he has come around a bit in recent years. And he did get spending under control when he ran the House.

I just don't want the Neocon Warmongering stuff. I hope Trump doesn't fall under their influence. I'm worried about some names i'm hearing for his Administration. He needs to stay far away from Establishment and Bush Neocon assholes. Needs some fresh faces. It's why the People put him in there.
You have to remember that he is looking for people who have the expertise. Surely Giuliani and Newt have that expertise. I am more worried about Trump's son-in-law being Chief of Staff. He could limit the people get to the President offering him advice.

He needs fresh faces. I don't even care if they don't have much experience in Government. He has to be very careful stocking his Administration full of Establishment retreads. His supporters are watching closely.
Why would you object to Gingrich and Giuliani? They are both very smart, very capable men who strongly support Trump's agenda. To my mind that makes them perfect candidates for these offices.

I'm ok with Giuliani. He's a close trusted friend of Trump's. I can understand Trump going with him. But Gingrich has those Neocon Warmonger tendencies. And he's a bit of an Establishment retread.

Trump has to be careful about the retreads. It's not what most of his supporters wanna see. He needs fresh new faces. Maybe even throw a few Libertarian-leaning folks in there.
Gingrich came into Congress as a early Reagan supporter and you may recall Reagan ran against the Republican establishment for many years and eventually remade the culture of the Party. That means Gingrich entered politics as a rebel and while he rose high in the Party for a time, he has now broken with the Party establishment to support Trump.

It is important to remember that it is the President who sets policy, not cabinet members, and cabinet members who implement his policies.

I could be flexible on Gingrich. I do find him to be an extremely intelligent man. And he did stick his neck out supporting Trump. I'm just worried about Trump going with too many retreads.

I can't support folks like John Bolton. He's a dangerous Neocon Warmonger. I'd like to see Trump move us away from the interventions and wars. Bolton's only gonna push for more of em.

Last edited:

I could be flexible on Gingrich. I do find him to be an extremely intelligent man. And he did stick his neck out supporting Trump. I'm just worried about Trump going with too many retreads.

I can't support folks like John Bolton. He's a dangerous Neocon Warmonger. I'd like to see Trump move us away from the interventions and wars.
Trump has clearly broken with the globalist philosophy and policies that both parties have embraced since WWII, and he has sent a clear message that he more interested in negotiations rather than interventions to protect US interests, so anyone who joins his administration would have to understand he is taking the country in a new direction.

I think Bolton would be an excellent choice for ambassador to the UN and his appointment would send a clear message there is a new sheriff in town.

I can't support folks like John Bolton. He's a dangerous Neocon Warmonger. I'd like to see Trump move us away from the interventions and wars.
Trump has clearly broken with the globalist philosophy and policies that both parties have embraced since WWII, and he has sent a clear message that he more interested in negotiations rather than interventions to protect US interests, so anyone who joins his administration would have to understand he is taking the country in a new direction.

I think Bolton would be an excellent choice for ambassador to the UN and his appointment would send a clear message there is a new sheriff in town.

Lots i agree on there. Just not on Bolton. He's too much of a Warmonger. He's an old Bush crony. I hope Trump steers clear of him.

You doubt Gingrich is qualified? Why? He is more qualified then Hillary ever was. As Giuliani he is more qualified then Obama ever was for President.
in your opinion... :rolleyes:
Perhaps you would like to challenge his credentials?
All of the insider establishment has "credentials"....

LOL --- so you prefer he bring in a grocery store owner from Omaha to be Homeland Security Advisor, and perhaps a used car salesman from Peoria to be Secretary of State.

Get real.

It will be interesting....

The chorus we keep hearing is that professional politicians (i.e. the "establishment" or "elite") are out of fashion. What would it mean to Trump's supporters if he appoints Christie (career politician), or Gingrich (career politician), or Perry (career politician), Trey Gowdy (career politician) to posts in his cabinet?

Seems sort of duplicitous to rail against career politicians all year only to applaud a cabinet full of them.

Pesonally, I think it's a good idea to have career politicians practicing politics.

Yeah, i'm shaky on Gingrich myself. Trump should probably stay away from Establishment retreads. If he doesn't, it could upset a lot of his supporters.
Newt is a progressive....

You doubt Gingrich is qualified? Why? He is more qualified then Hillary ever was. As Giuliani he is more qualified then Obama ever was for President.

Thanks so much for sharing. I'm so sure the moral majority is pleased to have a president and two aides along with six spouses supported by their taxes.

Rudy and the Newt, sounds like the title of a song of lamentation.

The chorus we keep hearing is that professional politicians (i.e. the "establishment" or "elite") are out of fashion. What would it mean to Trump's supporters if he appoints Christie (career politician), or Gingrich (career politician), or Perry (career politician), Trey Gowdy (career politician) to posts in his cabinet?

Seems sort of duplicitous to rail against career politicians all year only to applaud a cabinet full of them.

Pesonally, I think it's a good idea to have career politicians practicing politics.

But, but, but Trump is opposed to Cronyism!

These men are not part of the political establishment. They broke with the political establishment to support Trump during a very contentious primary battle.

Thanks so much for sharing. I'm so sure the moral majority is pleased to have a president and two aides along with six spouses supported by their taxes.

Rudy and the Newt, sounds like the title of a song of lamentation.

You mad bro? :badgrin:

Forum List

Back