Secretary of State Gingrich?

You doubt Gingrich is qualified? Why? He is more qualified then Hillary ever was. As Giuliani he is more qualified then Obama ever was for President.

Chief of Homeland Security Rudy Giuliani?

Close friends and allies of the president-elect are poised to take power.
http://www.usnews.com/news/politics...ince-priebus-top-potential-trump-cabinet-list

What was it The Donald had to say about Cronyism (the appointment of friends and associates to positions of authority, without proper regard to their qualifications)?

Truth is, both will end up in the administration. Yes, they have vast governmental experience. This will be necessary, as we will be dismantling the Obama agenda as quickly as possible. Then we can make some REAL progress.

You doubt Gingrich is qualified? Why? He is more qualified then Hillary ever was. As Giuliani he is more qualified then Obama ever was for President.
in your opinion... :rolleyes:
All Hillary had was what 6 years as a Senator? Gingrich was in the House for HOW LONG and was Speaker of the House for HOW LONG? All Obama had was 4 years as a Senator and Giuliani was Governor for how long? Wasn't he also mayor of New York?

Not sure about Newt. He's been a bit too Neocon-ish for me. Although he has come around a bit in recent years. And he did get spending under control when he ran the House.

I just don't want the Neocon Warmongering stuff. I hope Trump doesn't fall under their influence. I'm worried about some names i'm hearing for his Administration. He needs to stay far away from Establishment and Bush Neocon assholes. Needs some fresh faces. It's why the People put him in there.

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics...ince-priebus-top-potential-trump-cabinet-list

What was it The Donald had to say about Cronyism (the appointment of friends and associates to positions of authority, without proper regard to their qualifications)?
Both Gingrich and Giuliani are clearly qualified to hold such offices, but just as clearly her performance has shown Clinton was not qualified to be Secretary of State.

Both Gingrich and Giuliani are clearly qualified to hold such offices, but just as clearly her performance has shown Clinton was not qualified to be Secretary of State.
but they are the ''elite'', the insiders? Those who Trump spoke down about...who make the system rigged, the swamp people who need drained?

Walk on thin ice and you might get cold and wet...Wait until he says who it might be before you comment or don't and if he does the opposite then explain...

but they are the ''elite'', the insiders? Those who Trump spoke down about...who make the system rigged, the swamp people who need drained?
They are distinguished individuals who broke with the Party establishment to support Trump which means they are not insiders.

in your opinion... :rolleyes:
All Hillary had was what 6 years as a Senator? Gingrich was in the House for HOW LONG and was Speaker of the House for HOW LONG? All Obama had was 4 years as a Senator and Giuliani was Governor for how long? Wasn't he also mayor of New York?

Rudy Giuliani was never Governor of New York!

Rudy Giuliani - Wikipedia

Not sure about Newt. He's been a bit too Neocon-ish for me. Although he has come around a bit in recent years. And he did get spending under control when he ran the House.

I just don't want the Neocon Warmongering stuff. I hope Trump doesn't fall under their influence. I'm worried about some names i'm hearing for his Administration. He needs to stay far away from Establishment and Bush Neocon assholes. Needs some fresh faces. It's why the People put him in there.
You have to remember that he is looking for people who have the expertise. Surely Giuliani and Newt have that expertise. I am more worried about Trump's son-in-law being Chief of Staff. He could limit the people get to the President offering him advice.

Secretary of State John Bolton would be a better choice.

Gingrich for Chief of Staff.

Gingrich is ok, but not Bolton. He comes off as a rabid Neocon Warmonger. I want less interventions and wars. He would get us into more costly bloodbaths. I hope Trump goes another route.

You have to remember that he is looking for people who have the expertise. Surely Giuliani and Newt have that expertise. I am more worried about Trump's son-in-law being Chief of Staff. He could limit the people get to the President offering him advice.
That's true of any chief of staff, but he is already a trusted adviser to Trump and they know each other well, so he would probably be a safer chief of staff than most other choices.

He needs fresh faces. I don't even care if they don't have much experience in Government. He has to be very careful stocking his Administration full of Establishment retreads. His supporters are watching closely.

He needs fresh faces. I don't even care if they don't have much experience in Government. He has to be very careful stocking his Administration full of Establishment retreads. His supporters are watching closely.
Why would you object to Gingrich and Giuliani? They are both very smart, very capable men who strongly support Trump's agenda. To my mind that makes them perfect candidates for these offices.

Why would you object to Gingrich and Giuliani? They are both very smart, very capable men who strongly support Trump's agenda. To my mind that makes them perfect candidates for these offices.

I'm ok with Giuliani. He's a close trusted friend of Trump's. I can understand Trump going with him. But Gingrich has those Neocon Warmonger tendencies. And he's a bit of an Establishment retread.

Trump has to be careful about the retreads. It's not what most of his supporters wanna see. He needs fresh new faces. Maybe even throw a few Libertarian-leaning folks in there.

New Topics

Forum List

Back