SECOND Nurse tests positive for Ebola in Dallas

Props to the Mayor of Dallas. Didn't mention the president or politics a single time in his remarks about the disease this morning. He's focused on the problem....and solutions.

The press is now trying to catch the people holding the news conference in a "gotchya" because that is what members of the press get rewarded for in today's media.

Too bad.
Why would he mention Obama? The hospital didn't follow protocol. They shouldn't now be allowed to accept new patients.

Props to the Mayor of Dallas. Didn't mention the president or politics a single time in his remarks about the disease this morning. He's focused on the problem....and solutions.

The press is now trying to catch the people holding the news conference in a "gotchya" because that is what members of the press get rewarded for in today's media.

Too bad.
Dems are running commercials blaming the outbreak on Republican budget cut.

If you suspect you have Ebola please visit the white house and Congress

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Too bad.
Why would he mention Obama? The hospital didn't follow protocol. They shouldn't now be allowed to accept new patients.
Wait. You mean Ebola patients need to be in level iv quarantine?

Some of you are seriously stupid.

Number of deaths for leading causes of death:

* Heart disease: 596,577
* Cancer: 576,691
* Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 142,943
* Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 128,932
* Accidents (unintentional injuries): 126,438
* Alzheimer's disease: 84,974
* Diabetes: 73,831
* Influenza and Pneumonia: 53,826
* Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 45,591
* Intentional self-harm (suicide): 39,518

When we get into the hundreds or thousands wake me and I'll give a shit about ebola.
===========
seems idiocy runs rampant in the liberobola crowd. :up:

So right now we have 1 patient zero, and two 2nd generation cases among the hospital staff that worked around patient zero.

The next 48-72 hours will let us see how many more 2nd generation cases we are going to see. If we start seeing numbers above 5 or so, we now have an outbreak.

Too bad.
Wait. You mean Ebola patients need to be in level iv quarantine?

I don't know what level iv quarantine is, but yes, people ill with ebola should be in quarantine. That Duncan was left out with other patients and treated as if he wasn't contagious when the hospital finally checked him in illustrates that perfectly.

Count on the media, the CDC sell out, or anyone else NOT telling us exactly how they contracted this disease. Remember folks, they tell us it is not an air borne illness. They tell us that conditions need to be specific for someone to contract it.

Coming from same group that said it is unlikely Ebola would get here (even though this guy came in exactly the way we conservatives said it would get here), and also claimed all of our hospitals are prepared to handle this. Hardly any of the hospitals are prepared btw. Hardly any of them. We already have a shortage for IVs.

Now, we will all just guess how these people contracted this disease. I told you all that it is highly contagious. The liars try to tell us it isn't. It is. These healthcare workers did not lick the guys face.

We still do not know how the cameraman contracted the disease, and notice how they are not telling us. Keep in mind, those cameramen are all taking specific precautions. They will not tell us how he got it. The doctors that contracted the disease that came here in special ambulances, they still have not told us how they contracted it.

We are suppose to believe they were sneezed on. Of course. It had to be, cause the CDC (the confirmed liar) has told us that that is not possible.

Meanwhile, he said ALL precautions need to be taken, and he in the same breath says stopping travel from that region is not necessary. The fundraiser in chief in the mean time is placating the stupid global warming morons and gay marriage while those types try and claim cancer is as dangerous as an incurable infectious disease.

The preppers it surely seems, are the ones that are ahead of the curve. What a fucking disaster the leftwingers have been to the human species. To the world.

Count on the media, the CDC sell out, or anyone else NOT telling us exactly how they contracted this disease. Remember folks, they tell us it is not an air borne illness. They tell us that conditions need to be specific for someone to contract it.

Coming from same group that said it is unlikely Ebola would get here (even though this guy came in exactly the way we conservatives said it would get here), and also claimed all of our hospitals are prepared to handle this. Hardly any of the hospitals are prepared btw. Hardly any of them. We already have a shortage for IVs.

Now, we will all just guess how these people contracted this disease. I told you all that it is highly contagious. The liars try to tell us it isn't. It is. These healthcare workers did not lick the guys face.

We still do not know how the cameraman contracted the disease, and notice how they are not telling us. Keep in mind, those cameramen are all taking specific precautions. They will not tell us how he got it. The doctors that contracted the disease that came here in special ambulances, they still have not told us how they contracted it.

We are suppose to believe they were sneezed on. Of course. It had to be, cause the CDC (the confirmed liar) has told us that that is not possible.

Meanwhile, he said ALL precautions need to be taken, and he in the same breath says stopping travel from that region is not necessary. The fundraiser in chief in the mean time is placating the stupid global warming morons and gay marriage while those types try and claim cancer is as dangerous as an incurable infectious disease.

The preppers it surely seems, are the ones that are ahead of the curve. What a fucking disaster the leftwingers have been to the human species. To the world.

— Duncan was kept in a non-isolated area of the emergency department for several hours, potentially exposing up to seven other patients to Ebola;

— Patients who may have been exposed to Duncan were kept in isolation only for a day before being moved to areas where there were other patients;

— Nurses treating Duncan were also caring for other patients in the hospital;

— Preparation for Ebola at the hospital amounted to little more than an optional seminar for staff;

— In the face of constantly shifting guidelines, nurses were allowed to follow whichever ones they chose.

"There was no advance preparedness on what to do with the patient, there was no protocol, there was no system," Burger said.

Dallas Nurses Cite Sloppy Conditions In Ebola Care

Quit being hysterical. The hospital obviously didn't follow protocol. The hospital should be quarantined and should not be allowed to accept any new patients. The CDC should take over the hospital and ensure that no one else is exposed.

Second Health Care Worker in Texas Tests Positive for Ebola

A second health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital who provided care for Thomas Eric Duncan has tested positive for Ebola, the Texas Department of State Health Services announced.

Second Health Care Worker in Texas Tests Positive for Ebola Authorities Say - ABC News

Was this a breach in protocol too? Or could it possibly be the CDC failed these doctors and nurses? Or, downplayed the threat possibly? I did not understand why the CDC said it would expect more cases of health care workers to begin with after the first nurse tested positive.

Thoughts with family and patient.

This seemed inevitable when the first thing we knew was that the hospital sent Duncan home after he told them he had just arrived from Liberia.

Texas is full of stupid people and a lot of them work in hospitals.

The exception is the Texas Medical Center in Houston. That's a world class operation that is eclipsing Johns Hopkins and Mayo.

When we get into the hundreds or thousands wake me and I'll give a shit about ebola.

First of all nearly all of the diseases you compare to are not contagious.
Second, Ebola is a new disease as far as being here in America. Naturally there is going to be a period early on where we will have a heightened sense of concern.

Why I DO find interesting is that Ebola has been around for 40 years in Africa. The US has NEVER had a case of Ebola on our soil. NEVER. A couple of Doctors get infected and we bring them here for treatment. Now? We are dealing with a deadly disease that is 70% deadly. In contrast, Influenza is 2% deadly.

Is it only me that finds that a little "strange'?

Spit it out. What are you trying to say. Quit dancing and just say it, nutball.

I'll be glad to, fake millionaire. I find it rather odd that, for the last 40 or so years, we have NEVER had a Ebola patient on American soil. NEVER ONCE. Now, we seem to have several.

Call it whatever the hell you want to dumbass - but if you don't find that odd - then you are a stupid fool.

Last edited:
CDC: Ebola Patient Traveled By Air With “Low-Grade” Fever
Updated: 2:00 p.m.

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The CDC has announced that the second healthcare worker diagnosed with Ebola — now identified as Amber Joy Vinson of Dallas — traveled by air Oct. 13, with a low-grade fever, a day before she showed up at the hospital reporting symptoms.

The CDC is now reaching out to all passengers who flew on Frontier Airlines flight 1143 Cleveland to Dallas/Fort Worth. The flight landed at 8:16 p.m. CT.

All 132 passengers on the flight are being asked to call 1 800-CDC INFO (1 800 232-4636). Public health professionals will begin interviewing passengers about the flight Wednesday afternoon.

More:

CDC Ebola Patient Traveled By Air With 8220 Low-Grade 8221 Fever CBS Dallas Fort Worth

Sounds like it might be a good idea to quarantine the entire hospital.

“There was no advanced preparedness on what to do with the patient. There was no protocol. There was no system. The nurses were asked to call the infectious disease department” if they had questions, but that department didn't have answers either, the statement said. So nurses were essentially left to figure things out on their own as they dealt with “copious amounts” of highly contagious bodily fluids from the dying Duncan while they wore gloves with no wrist tape, flimsy gowns that did not cover their necks, and no surgical booties, the statement alleged.

“Hospital officials allowed nurses who interacted with Mr. Duncan to then continue normal patient-care duties,” potentially exposing others, it said.

^There is your breech of protocol. Hospital admin.
Have a question for you
In the very first sentence from your link it states
"There was no protocol. There was no system"
How can their be a breech in protocol; when their isn't a protocol in place for this?

Sounds like it might be a good idea to quarantine the entire hospital.

“There was no advanced preparedness on what to do with the patient. There was no protocol. There was no system. The nurses were asked to call the infectious disease department” if they had questions, but that department didn't have answers either, the statement said. So nurses were essentially left to figure things out on their own as they dealt with “copious amounts” of highly contagious bodily fluids from the dying Duncan while they wore gloves with no wrist tape, flimsy gowns that did not cover their necks, and no surgical booties, the statement alleged.

“Hospital officials allowed nurses who interacted with Mr. Duncan to then continue normal patient-care duties,” potentially exposing others, it said.

^There is your breech of protocol. Hospital admin.
Have a question for you
In the very first sentence from your link it states
"There was no protocol. There was no system"
How can their be a breech in protocol; when their isn't a protocol in place for this?
They weren't following CDC protocol.

Second Health Care Worker in Texas Tests Positive for Ebola

A second health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital who provided care for Thomas Eric Duncan has tested positive for Ebola, the Texas Department of State Health Services announced.

Second Health Care Worker in Texas Tests Positive for Ebola Authorities Say - ABC News

Was this a breach in protocol too? Or could it possibly be the CDC failed these doctors and nurses? Or, downplayed the threat possibly? I did not understand why the CDC said it would expect more cases of health care workers to begin with after the first nurse tested positive.

Thoughts with family and patient.
According to news reports, this person called the CDC identified herself as a nurse who had worked with the ebola patient in Dallas.
She told them she was running a low grade fever. The CDC did not believe her to be "at risk" so they told her it was ok for her to travel.
The CDC screwed the pooch here. In fact the CDC has not been on the ball at all.
The mayor of Dallas stated today that this is going to get worse before it gets better.
The blame for this lies squarely on the shoulders of the federal government and the CDC. They both took the road to political expediency.
Beware the term "acceptable losses".
Expect to hear it soon.

I wonder if they will finally backtrack on this be an air born disease.
It's airborne. No question about it.
Otherwise, a person wearing full personal protection equipment( PPE), complete with respirator could not be infected.
One issue I cannot fathom is the medical personnel are not using decontamination showers before removing PPE.

Fortunately for all of us, the professionals working on our behalf over at the CDC and at medical facilities nationwide are not politically motivated. They are going to contain this virus......as much as that disappoints you crazy fucks.
No. THEY aren't. The people telling them what to do ARE politically motivated.

This is an incredibly stupid comparison.
Ebola has no cure. Ebola sufferers die at a rate of over 50%.
That means someone catching this virus stands nearly a 6 in ten chance of dying a horrible death.
There are millions of cancer survivors, tens of millions who live perfectly normal lives who also are diabetic.
Strokes are not the killers they once were.
Accidents can be avoided.,
I've had the flu. I'm still here.
Tell ya what, start thinking for yourself instead of politically.

Here are the FACTS. A second RN has, indeed, tested positive for Ebola. It has now been reported that the deceased man (first Ebola patient) spent 4 hours sitting in the ER waiting for treatment. The Nurses that treated the man, then went on to treat other patients that evening. As of right now - there is no way of knowing how far this may (or may not) have spread.

Hopefully, it can be contained. However, listening to that quack from the CDC - leaves me to believe that he doesn't have a clue.
The CDC head people are being told what to say by the Obama administration.
Guaranteed

Forum List

Back