SECOND Nurse tests positive for Ebola in Dallas

Let's not forget a nurse's boyfriend has been infected with the obama virus

Yep, and the nurse treated others in emergency after the dead dude was treated and left sitting int he room for a while.

Its on I'm afraid

-Geaux

Yep? The Obama virus? Yep?

Now your learning. We will progressively ratchet up the syllabus in efforts to educate you and about 4 other losers here at USMB

Stay on task-take notes-ask questions

pop quiz tomorrow

-Geaux

Sounds like it might be a good idea to quarantine the entire hospital.

“There was no advanced preparedness on what to do with the patient. There was no protocol. There was no system. The nurses were asked to call the infectious disease department” if they had questions, but that department didn't have answers either, the statement said. So nurses were essentially left to figure things out on their own as they dealt with “copious amounts” of highly contagious bodily fluids from the dying Duncan while they wore gloves with no wrist tape, flimsy gowns that did not cover their necks, and no surgical booties, the statement alleged.

“Hospital officials allowed nurses who interacted with Mr. Duncan to then continue normal patient-care duties,” potentially exposing others, it said.

^There is your breech of protocol. Hospital admin.

Some of you are seriously stupid.

Number of deaths for leading causes of death:

* Heart disease: 596,577
* Cancer: 576,691
* Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 142,943
* Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 128,932
* Accidents (unintentional injuries): 126,438
* Alzheimer's disease: 84,974
* Diabetes: 73,831
* Influenza and Pneumonia: 53,826
* Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 45,591
* Intentional self-harm (suicide): 39,518

When we get into the hundreds or thousands wake me and I'll give a shit about ebola.

First of all nearly all of the diseases you compare to are not contagious.
Second, Ebola is a new disease as far as being here in America. Naturally there is going to be a period early on where we will have a heightened sense of concern.

Why I DO find interesting is that Ebola has been around for 40 years in Africa. The US has NEVER had a case of Ebola on our soil. NEVER. A couple of Doctors get infected and we bring them here for treatment. Now? We are dealing with a deadly disease that is 70% deadly. In contrast, Influenza is 2% deadly.

Is it only me that finds that a little "strange'?

Spit it out. What are you trying to say. Quit dancing and just say it, nutball.

When we get into the hundreds or thousands wake me and I'll give a shit about ebola.

You stupid unreal moron. Half of those are not infectious diseases and others are not 90% fatal.

Go suck a dick you piece of ignorant shit.

“There was no advanced preparedness on what to do with the patient. There was no protocol. There was no system. The nurses were asked to call the infectious disease department” if they had questions, but that department didn't have answers either, the statement said. So nurses were essentially left to figure things out on their own as they dealt with “copious amounts” of highly contagious bodily fluids from the dying Duncan while they wore gloves with no wrist tape, flimsy gowns that did not cover their necks, and no surgical booties, the statement alleged.

“Hospital officials allowed nurses who interacted with Mr. Duncan to then continue normal patient-care duties,” potentially exposing others, it said.

As much as I agree with your assessment, it is probably too late - there is no way of knowing (after the patient sat in the ER for 4 hours) exactly how many other patients, visitors and staff might have come into contact with the guy. Obviously then, there is no viable way to predict how many people (outside) that THOSE people might have come into contact AFTER leaving the Hospital and on and on and on (if at all). Additionally, the staff is badly equipped with paper gowns and little upper body protection to do much good. Again - it's easy as hell to be "proactive" AFTER the fact.

Everything the CDC has said has been an out and out lie. Everything from telling us the hospitals in this country are equipped to handle this (he said that on Sept 30th) to saying that it was unlikely that it would get here.

The only thing stopping one of these infected people from getting here was a little questionnaire. A questionnaire people. Now, they try and tell us that people with thermometers at airports will work.

This does not even include the enterovirus D68 which is killing our kids. What you will not read in the NY Times or hear on BSNBC, is that it is a strain that matches the Honduras flu AND it just so happened to start to infect people at the same time that the unaccompanied children came over in buses that was ORGANIZED.

This fucking president playing Russian roulette with out citizens (our citizens are dying) and our country is sinking into second world status. This fucking murderer in chief still will not lift a finger to stop flights coming in or will not come close to sealing the border.

All while the morons on the left try and compare lung cancer to an infectious disease.

As much as I agree with your assessment, it is probably too late - there is no way of knowing (after the patient sat in the ER for 4 hours) exactly how many other patients, visitors and staff might have come into contact with the guy. Obviously then, there is no viable way to predict how many people (outside) that THOSE people might have come into contact AFTER leaving the Hospital and on and on and on (if at all). Additionally, the staff is badly equipped with paper gowns and little upper body protection to do much good. Again - it's easy as hell to be "proactive" AFTER the fact.
Maybe we should quarantine Texas, then. Or have the CDC take over the hospital industry as it is obvious that this hospital did not follow protocol for several days.

This sure makes you wonder. I kept hearing how hard it is to catch and now two nurses have it. I guess the other hospital who treated patients hasn't had the same problem, but I'm very concerned.

Second Health Care Worker in Texas Tests Positive for Ebola

A second health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital who provided care for Thomas Eric Duncan has tested positive for Ebola, the Texas Department of State Health Services announced.

Second Health Care Worker in Texas Tests Positive for Ebola Authorities Say - ABC News

Was this a breach in protocol too? Or could it possibly be the CDC failed these doctors and nurses? Or, downplayed the threat possibly? I did not understand why the CDC said it would expect more cases of health care workers to begin with after the first nurse tested positive.

Thoughts with family and patient.

Here are the FACTS. A second RN has, indeed, tested positive for Ebola. It has now been reported that the deceased man (first Ebola patient) spent 4 hours sitting in the ER waiting for treatment. The Nurses that treated the man, then went on to treat other patients that evening. As of right now - there is no way of knowing how far this may (or may not) have spread.

Hopefully, it can be contained. However, listening to that quack from the CDC - leaves me to believe that he doesn't have a clue.

i have heard that there are 8 persons that have tested positive

Sounds good to me...
Let's wait until it's out of control before we start to pay attention to this.

Fortunately for all of us, the professionals working on our behalf over at the CDC and at medical facilities nationwide are not politically motivated. They are going to contain this virus......as much as that disappoints you crazy fucks.

They are?!

Really?

They're going to cancel all West African Visas?

They're going to quarantine anyone who's traveled to West Africa?

How will they do this?

The difference is Ebola is now lethal 70% of the time.

The difference is Ebola is now lethal 70% of the time.

global warming is what we should be worried about

Props to the Mayor of Dallas. Didn't mention the president or politics a single time in his remarks about the disease this morning. He's focused on the problem....and solutions.

The press is now trying to catch the people holding the news conference in a "gotchya" because that is what members of the press get rewarded for in today's media.

Too bad.

Forum List

Back