Seattle struggles with police shortage after 'defund' movement as 100 officers leave force

Well, crime rate is soaring in Seattle, so there's that

And Seattle was scheduled for the Consent Decree but one of the very first things Rump did was cancel the program. The cities that were involved in it had protests but zero riots like Newark NJ. Rump needed the Riots to burn his fires. He deliberately tried to burn down America. Just one more reason he was fired and we can't afford to have him back again.

I seriously doubt that conspiracy theory has legs. In fact, I think the entire "defund" idea BOUGHT Trump some votes.
Not in deep blue areas at the time. Free anarchy with little chance to go to jail is a party situation. Unfortunately, eventually people have to wake up with a hangover. The riots or insurrections, the Covid release from China, and the cheating in the 2020 election was designed to put us in the globalist government. China is not a friend of the globalists but has its own goals also.

I was out with a buddy of mine last night who is a cop here in Las Vegas and he was telling me Seattle is currently offering a $30,000 signing bonus for cops to relocate to their city and work for the Seattle PD. He said he briefly considered it and came to the conclusion that even for that much money it's not worth it.

The defund movement is not such the issue as is retaining and hiring of new officers. It's been happening for some time now and it's countrywide.
It's an underpaid and dangerous job where some are resorting to better civilian pay. Also, the suicides are off the charts. The funding is a problem where additional officers are needed. More problems means more police.

I saw how downtown Vegas will now have a 9pm to 5am curfew for the minor punks who create problems there.
I saw it on ABC13 last night. Tell me if you think Vegas is better or worse anymore.

Here is an excerpt of an article from LV. It's from last November. Las Vegas has recruitment billboards in other cities also.

"I think the national feeling against police has become a real challenge for us to keep officers here and also go out and recruit for officers,” McMahill said."

"To recruit, LVMPD put up billboards in cities like Chicago, Portland, Minneapolis, and Austin, hoping to pull officers from those cities into what they call a lateral academy."

“We've been working really really hard at getting some new folks,” Harris said.

"Another incentive being offered is cash. Police departments are looking to offer generous moving bonuses to those who take the job."

Sound familiar to what your buddy said?

I was out with a buddy of mine last night who is a cop here in Las Vegas
Gee, I wonder if he could be the same officer who served Quasar?! :21:

and he was telling me Seattle is currently offering a $30,000 signing bonus for cops to relocate to their city and work for the Seattle PD. He said he briefly considered it and came to the conclusion that even for that much money it's not worth it.
I wonder how many people in Seattle who supported all of that hilarity back in 2020 still think it was a good idea? Looks like replacing those officers if they ever do is going to set taxpayers back around $5 million dollars, then there is the matter of all of the crime and lost revenue.

What industry in America is not suffering from shortages?

There is a chronic teacher shortage.

The VA cannot hire/retain enough nurses.

The list is long

Yeah, but this shortage is self induced due to your fellow progressive dumbass's actions.

Let the city burn.

If 100 officers quit because people started demanding they be held accountable to the same laws they are supposed to enforce, I consider that a win. I'm failing to see the problem here.

Another fun game for the right to play is to blame the financial pandemic assistance we gave Americans for everything under the sun. Gas prices, inflation, housing prices, etc. Even global inflation. Oh yes, we have seen that here.

I'm not a part of the right. That all has played a role. It certainly is not the only reason, giving Wall Street billions and billions played an even larger role but it all has contributed to where we are now.

But, in this fun game, in no way whatsoever can you blame the cessation of assistance or low wages for any problems, ever. Not crime, not evictions, not loan defaults, not a labor shortage, nothing. Ever.

What I find even odder is how they will argue that we should remove who knows.......7-10 million from the work force even though they know that is never going to happen.

I was out with a buddy of mine last night who is a cop here in Las Vegas and he was telling me Seattle is currently offering a $30,000 signing bonus for cops to relocate to their city and work for the Seattle PD. He said he briefly considered it and came to the conclusion that even for that much money it's not worth it.

So it's doesn't have a damn thing to do with defunding, they are just leaving.

The defund movement is not such the issue as is retaining and hiring of new officers. It's been happening for some time now and it's countrywide.
It's an underpaid and dangerous job where some are resorting to better civilian pay. Also, the suicides are off the charts. The funding is a problem where additional officers are needed. More problems means more police.

I saw how downtown Vegas will now have a 9pm to 5am curfew for the minor punks who create problems there.
I saw it on ABC13 last night. Tell me if you think Vegas is better or worse anymore.

Here is an excerpt of an article from LV. It's from last November. Las Vegas has recruitment billboards in other cities also.

"I think the national feeling against police has become a real challenge for us to keep officers here and also go out and recruit for officers,” McMahill said."

"To recruit, LVMPD put up billboards in cities like Chicago, Portland, Minneapolis, and Austin, hoping to pull officers from those cities into what they call a lateral academy."

“We've been working really really hard at getting some new folks,” Harris said.

"Another incentive being offered is cash. Police departments are looking to offer generous moving bonuses to those who take the job."

Sound familiar to what your buddy said?

Ok. To address the word game you are playing.

"DEFUND" in this thread, is NOT the formal zero out hte budget policy first pushed by leftards and never enacted, as I said it would not be.

BUT, Those that were elected, with support from DEFUND idiots, while theey did NOT shut down the policies stations, they did, reduce budgets, and increase, increasingly hostile "oversight" and restrict tactics, and just generally support the idea tha thte police are the bad guys and thus help turn the community against the police AND make their jobs harder and more dangerous, and NOT back them up or support them.

With that dealt with, back to the issue. DEFUND is certainly playing a role in the police shortage. AND it is worst in more libtard cities where cops have an opportunity to go somewhere else, make just as much, (or not) and actually have a boss that does not consider them wacist and w.s. or actual murderers.

Ok. To address the word game you are playing.

"DEFUND" in this thread, is NOT the formal zero out hte budget policy first pushed by leftards and never enacted, as I said it would not be.

BUT, Those that were elected, with support from DEFUND idiots, while theey did NOT shut down the policies stations, they did, reduce budgets, and increase, increasingly hostile "oversight" and restrict tactics, and just generally support the idea tha thte police are the bad guys and thus help turn the community against the police AND make their jobs harder and more dangerous, and NOT back them up or support them.

With that dealt with, back to the issue. DEFUND is certainly playing a role in the police shortage. AND it is worst in more libtard cities where cops have an opportunity to go somewhere else, make just as much, (or not) and actually have a boss that does not consider them wacist and w.s. or actual murderers.
You should re-read what I posted. I heard last night that Phoenix is short 500 officers. If you want to make it a blue vs. red state issue, you're very much a barking dog.

Last edited:
If it's been defunded, where is that 30 grand coming from? Sheesh, can you lie more? I'll wait.
Even the lefties have been forced to admit they fucked up with all the "defund" bullshit, and now they are trying to undo it after the fact. The problem is, it's not just about money.

Forum List

Back