Seattle struggles with police shortage after 'defund' movement as 100 officers leave force

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I was out with a buddy of mine last night who is a cop here in Las Vegas and he was telling me Seattle is currently offering a $30,000 signing bonus for cops to relocate to their city and work for the Seattle PD. He said he briefly considered it and came to the conclusion that even for that much money it's not worth it.

I was out with a buddy of mine last night who is a cop here in Las Vegas and he was telling me Seattle is currently offering a $30,000 signing bonus for cops to relocate to their city and work for the Seattle PD. He said he briefly considered it and came to the conclusion that even for that much money it's not worth it.

If it's been defunded, where is that 30 grand coming from? Sheesh, can you lie more? I'll wait.

I have a buddy who was a cop in a rust belt city. He just retired last year. He is very happy to be out of it.

So they are being defunded. But offering huge sign on bonuses.

Confused.

leopards eating peoples faces party.png

Leftists can only see about 30 seconds into the future.

Seattle reminds me a lot of the DKM battleship Bismarck. The Bismarck took a while for the British to sink but Bismarck eventually settled aft then slid under the waves completely & forever.

So they are being defunded. But offering huge sign on bonuses.

Confused.
I think most transferred out and others retired.
The moral was down because they had/have a mayor that didn't back them
a couple of years ago. Now crime is up, and they are down to less than 1000
cops, the light went on.

Still looking to connect the dots between "defunding" and "100 officers quitting or retiring (not fired or laid off)".

Everything I read says the big departure happened before April 2021. 200+ officers. Their salaries were never reduced. They got full retirement, if they retired.

Sounds more to me like they were scared of the new accountability coming down the pipe and the new attitude that they were not above the law. One indicator of this is them citing disagreements with their police leadership in resigning. Else they would all just be police officers for other departments, no?

I think most transferred out and others retired.
The moral was down because they had/have a mayor that didn't back them
a couple of years ago. Now crime is up, and they are down to less than 1000
cops, the light went on.
Yes, I buy that. "The mayor doesn't back us."

Back them... how? Immunity from prosecution?

Can't have as many militarized toys to play with? To cling to and tremble in fear when they are really neede3d, but to use against protestors who cross a street?

What are their demands?

Yes, I buy that. "The mayor doesn't back us."

Back them... how? Immunity from prosecution?

Can't have as many militarized toys to play with? To cling to and tremble in fear when they are really neede3d, but to use against protestors who cross a street?

What are their demands?
Did you forget what the mayor did during....her coined, "Summer of Love"?
Might want to take a trip back in time, and do some research. :rolleyes-41:

Forum List

Back