Seattle struggles with police shortage after 'defund' movement as 100 officers leave force

So they are being defunded. But offering huge sign on bonuses.

Confused.

Are you seriously this retarded?

They voted for DEFUND, they sort of enacted "Defund" by reducing funding and/or restricting police operations, and crime spiked. Now LATER ON IN TIME, they are finding the money to desperately get cops to deal with the increase in violence their earlier actions caused.

Yes, their actions and words are contradictory and make no sense. That is the point.

I was out with a buddy of mine last night who is a cop here in Las Vegas and he was telling me Seattle is currently offering a $30,000 signing bonus for cops to relocate to their city and work for the Seattle PD. He said he briefly considered it and came to the conclusion that even for that much money it's not worth it.

He is right. $100,000 isn't worth it.

The Bismarck took a while for the British to sink but Bismarck eventually settled aft then slid under the waves completely & forever.

Actually, The Bismarck was sunk only nine days after departing on its maiden voyage.

It is one of the most short-lived warships of all time.

I was out with a buddy of mine last night who is a cop here in Las Vegas and he was telling me Seattle is currently offering a $30,000 signing bonus for cops to relocate to their city and work for the Seattle PD. He said he briefly considered it and came to the conclusion that even for that much money it's not worth it.

He is right.

I know Florida and some police departments in Florida were offering hiring bonuses for experienced officers.

I don’t know if the bonuses are still being offered.

What industry in America is not suffering from shortages?

There is a chronic teacher shortage.

The VA cannot hire/retain enough nurses.

The list is long

What industry in America is not suffering from shortages?

There is a chronic teacher shortage.

The VA cannot hire/retain enough nurses.

The list is long
That's right.

Even my industry (banking , finance) is experiencing shortages. We only have about 300 employees, and we are short 40+ JUST in tellers. Not to mention accounting, compliance, etc.

We have 23 lenders doing the same volume that 45 lenders did 4 years ago. If 5 of them would quit and not be quickly replaced, we would be in financial trouble and under the CUNA microscope.

Seattle has 1000 officers and is short by 100.

But CLEARLY that's a result of mean old democrats hurting their feelings, and in no way whatsoever is Seattle connected to the rest of reality.

Last edited:
That's right.

Even my industry (banking , finance) is experiencing shortages. We only have about 300 employees, and we are short 40+ JUST in tellers. Not to mention accounting, compliance, etc.

Seattle has 1000 officers and is short by 100.

But CLEARLY that's a result of mean old democrats hurting their feelings, and in no way whatsoever is Seattle connected to the rest of reality.

It is so much more fun to blame it on the boogieman

Another fun game for the right to play is to blame the financial pandemic assistance we gave Americans for everything under the sun. Gas prices, inflation, housing prices, etc. Even global inflation. Oh yes, we have seen that here.

But, in this fun game, in no way whatsoever can you blame the cessation of assistance or low wages for any problems, ever. Not crime, not evictions, not loan defaults, not a labor shortage, nothing. Ever.

let me take a guess dimwit. It is coming from the money they saved by defunding the police in the first place. Wow! that was a toughy.

There was zero defunding done What they did was to reorganize their Public Safety Department like they should have done all along. This is part of the consent decree. Newark, NJ is over 50% African American. They had weeks of Protests over the Floyd Shooting just like every other large city. Not one single broken window or burnt anything. One thing almost happened though. Someone said he wanted to attack a parked police car. He was told by the Protesters that they won't tolerate that and for him to leave. Another episode was where a cop was trying to detain a "Protestor" and the Protestor starting beating the hell out of the cop. 5 black males beat the living crap out of the "Protestor" and held him until the cops showed up for assistance.

This was one of the first things that Rump did away with when you took office. I firmly believe Rump needed those riots. If the cities that were scheduled for the Consent Decree then Seattle would NOT have had a violent riot. Rump was burning America to the ground.

THAT ALL BEING SAID

We obviously need police officers. And if we are going to do shit-else to address crime, then we better get more of them and just work on making policing better. Pay them what they deserve, but hold them to a high bar.

And just improve policing. Surely we could all find SOME common ground on NOT escalating situations, for example. How to wait for backup and stall, little things. Little things we rubbernecking civvies can all agree on, anyway.

The police will be as good as they are trained to be.

Forum List

Back