Seattle minimum wage has killed 700 jobs so far...

No it hasn't.
Seattle3.png

I like to wait until we have better (longer time frame) information, but moments on google got me this and I was not even looking for "negative" information nor did I google 700 jobs lost. I did simply, *Seattle min wage.*

I saw yesterday where the movie houses in California had asked for a waiver from the $9.00 per hour rule. They claimed they would have to close the doors to the movie houses.

I saw yesterday where the movie houses in California had asked for a waiver from the $9.00 per hour rule. They claimed they would have to close the doors to the movie houses.

Leftists live in this fantasy world where they can pass any regulation and impose any gimme program and the end consumer will just keep paying more and more. Nobody's going to pay $20 for a movie ticket, $8 for a cup of coffee, or $9 for a burger. Eventually the breaking point is reached where people will simply do without.

No it hasn't.
View attachment 53251

I like to wait until we have better (longer time frame) information, but moments on google got me this and I was not even looking for "negative" information nor did I google 700 jobs lost. I did simply, *Seattle min wage.*

That's because this bullshit story has hit the echo chamber. Dupe.

The minimum wage hike is not the reason.....the fucking article didn't even state that it was the reason. It said "a likely cause" and you dummies buy it. The AEI is a bullshit generating "think tank" with a clear agenda which opposes minimum wage hikes.

You people have GOT to be getting tired of being played. It's been fucking decades.

Leftists live in this fantasy world where they can pass any regulation and impose any gimme program and the end consumer will just keep paying more and more. Nobody's going to pay $20 for a movie ticket, $8 for a cup of coffee, or $9 for a burger. Eventually the breaking point is reached where people will simply do without.

I hardly ever go to the movies just because of that and because most of the movies made today suck. I have Netflix and Playon. I get more movies than I can watch.

Hah!

Ya been to a movie in CA? They are turning into dinner theaters with full bars. A ticket starts at $20.00 just to get in.

Hah!

Ya been to a movie in CA? They are turning into dinner theaters with full bars. A ticket starts at $20.00 just to get in.

Yes. We had one of those here a couple of years ago. It was mostly pizza, chicken wings, and stuff like that and beer and cokes of course. It finally closed its doors though.

They may have killed far more then 700. Fast food chains are going to touch pads nation wide. Could be millions unemployed very soon.

What you are seeing is the reaction to that law. Touch pads will simply kill ALL the jobs thus no more problems for the companies.
I sure MANY maybe millions would like to say "Thank You Obama".

Hah!

In an age where home theater systems are becoming more sophisticated and affordable, they are raising prices on people who would rather not deal with public restrooms, overpriced food, nasty seats, and parking. IMAX? I'd rather have my new 4K 65", overstuffed easy chairs, and nachos and cheese anytime I want.

Boo fuckin hooo to the multitude of business's in this country who have over the last few decades have had an on slot of profits spilling into their coffers, off the backs of low wage earners...this has been going on for fuckin decades and the minute someone wants to help the fuckin little guy, these whiny fucks shut their doors. Typical American business.

Its always okay for the big guy to get a head up because he's employing you....never mind you live from paycheck to paycheck, may have lost your home, live in poverty, never mind that....but god forbid, he has too.

Bottom line is this, times have changed, everything goes up in this country and all employers pass everything that costs them onto their customers, that is just the way it goes and if the heat gets too hot or customers find your costs too high, they will go elsewhere....however.....if everyone increased, where the hell they gonna go...but pay the shit...just ask those of us who pay almost 9 bucks for a pack of cigs.

What it did and rightly so, was take these business's that pay poorly its workers out of business. All business's that increase wages pass that shit on to its customers and if your product is good, it will sustain itself.

Well, many of them are simply mechanizing and laying off the workers. I could even see the movie houses doing that very easily. Just use your credit card to charge your ticket and have a door open that will only permit one person at a time. Just have one person selling popcorn and let the patrons get their own cokes and candy from dispensers.

They may have killed far more then 700. Fast food chains are going to touch pads nation wide. Could be millions unemployed very soon.

What you are seeing is the reaction to that law. Touch pads will simply kill ALL the jobs thus no more problems for the companies.
I sure MANY maybe millions would like to say "Thank You Obama".

So Obama is responsible for the technology revolution?
Jeff Bezos of Amazon should be arrested?
The Evil Dictator Obama needs to go to Silicon Valley and keebosh these interlopers?

No it hasn't.
View attachment 53251

That's because this bullshit story has hit the echo chamber. Dupe.

The minimum wage hike is not the reason.....the fucking article didn't even state that it was the reason. It said "a likely cause" and you dummies buy it. The AEI is a bullshit generating "think tank" with a clear agenda which opposes minimum wage hikes.

You people have GOT to be getting tired of being played. It's been fucking decades.

So....it's like global warming? A chart appears to show the cause. But further investigation shows it is not. Hmmm. Ok.

Forum List

Back