Seattle just passed it's tax on wealthy people

It's so sad when poor or middle class people think they have to defend the rich. You can be sure THEY don't see any value in the reverse of that equation.

We're not defending the rich silly one. We're defending ourselves. We understand that governments claws are always out, grasping, trying to finagle every little bit that they can. The problem is the rich leave, and the government then turns its avaricious gaze on those who can't afford to leave. Namely us. You're just too stupid to figure it out.

'The rich leave'. Odd that nobody has heard of this before. We here the same nonsense about California "oh businesses are leaving by the droves it's going to bankrupt the state".
We've been hearing the same chicken little story for 20 years and California's economy has grown by leaps and bounds.

Stop with your defense of people that have more than you ever will little one. They don't need your help and they sure as hell would never help you.
If you haven't heard it then it's because you're deaf, dumb, AND blind.
Gerard is the most famous example but take a look at Monaco. Guess who lives there? Wealthy Britons, and others, who have left their home country's due to high taxes. If you are wealthy enough you can afford to live wherever the hell you wish. If you're poor or middle class that option isn't open to you so the "tax the rich" schemes invariably get passed down to the middle class because the poor don't have anything to tax. And. yet again, morons like you can't seem to get those facts through your ever so thick skulls.
Gerard Depardieu paying just six per cent tax in adopted Russia since fleeing Francois Hollande's 75 per cent megatax

Read more: Gerard Depardieu paying just six per cent tax in adopted Russia since fleeing Francois Hollande's 75 per cent megatax | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

LOL So you have to go to Gerard Depardieu because you can't find any examples in the US. One would think from your bold all-knowing statement that wealthy people fleeing in the US would be a common easily found story. But you have none little one.

But there is Gerard Depardieu. He's playing the role of a fleeing rich man in 'I Spit In Your General Direction Taxman Of Paris!'. You know he's also a citizen of Russia? Whaaat? :slap:

The rich in the USA can move to a different State, dumbass. Take a look at Florida. Mainly retired New Yorkers. Man you are stupid. Remove your avi, you are an insult to that great mans name!

Here's a map. The wealthiest people in America live in these states

Retirees move to the southern states, AZ, TX ,FL and NM. Also the homeless.

Yes, the wealthy who don't work for a wage can still live anywhere they want. You can't tax that which they don't make. However, they make money elsewhere and those rates are lower. I actually have friends who are billionaires. They have very smart tax attorneys set things up so they can prosper wherever they are. But, if you pass laws that directly affect them, they will leave. It is as simple as that. They're not dumb.

LOL So you have to go to Gerard Depardieu because you can't find any examples in the US. One would think from your bold all-knowing statement that wealthy people fleeing in the US would be a common easily found story. But you have none little one.

But there is Gerard Depardieu. He's playing the role of a fleeing rich man in 'I Spit In Your General Direction Taxman Of Paris!'. You know he's also a citizen of Russia? Whaaat? :slap:

More Americans Give Up Citizenship In Reverse Trump Bump

It's so sad when poor or middle class people think they have to defend the rich.

I defend everyone's right to be free from an overbearing government. Why don't you?

I'm secretly Bobba Fett and only care about bounties. And sweet rocket backpacks.

You have outed yourself. If the story was 'they want to tax the rich at 95%' then you could make that argument. That it isn't anywhere near 'oppressive or overbearing' yet you still feel a need to defend the rich is sad. Sorry but it is. 'The rich' don't ever notice when taxes go up on you, unless they are the ones raising the tax rate. And when that happens the only thing they are interested in is how cold the champagne is.

Singling out a specific group of people in attempt to confiscate their legal property is mostly certainly oppressive and overbearing. You just don't care because you're greedy and jealous.

You project your demons onto others you derp. Keep them bottled up in your head. Again it's so pathetic to see poor and middle class people think they have to defend the wealthy. Stockholm Syndrome. Or Wannabe Syndrome.

In other words, blah, blah, blah, I don't care what you're saying, rich people suck, blah, blah, blah, rich people are bad, blah, blah, blah, how dare somebody have more than I do, blah, blah, blah.

Good then the lower income can take their place.

I'm sorry, what? Care to elaborate on that?

Why do you want the rich, what good are they for you if not to pay taxes.

Like I said earlier, it's almost as if you purposely come here to flaunt your utter stupidity. It's like your proud of being dumb.

This is a small tax on personal income over 250 grand and over 500 grand, I doubt they will move. If they do say Good Riddens.

We have a lot of homeless people out there. How about we just pass this small tax increase nationally on everyone making over 25 grand, instead of 250, and then you can put your money where your mouth is (Of course, I'm assuming you make more than $25k. That might be a BIG if). Compared to a homeless person you're rich and it won't kill you to give up that small increase on your personal income. What good are you if not to pay taxes, Trostky?

Washington State to change name!

George Washington was a true American - and that is very much out of fashion in liberal-land.

The new name?

Leading competitors:

California North

California II

California 2.0

It's so sad when poor or middle class people think they have to defend the rich. You can be sure THEY don't see any value in the reverse of that equation.

We're not defending the rich silly one. We're defending ourselves. We understand that governments claws are always out, grasping, trying to finagle every little bit that they can. The problem is the rich leave, and the government then turns its avaricious gaze on those who can't afford to leave. Namely us. You're just too stupid to figure it out.

'The rich leave'. Odd that nobody has heard of this before. We here the same nonsense about California "oh businesses are leaving by the droves it's going to bankrupt the state".
We've been hearing the same chicken little story for 20 years and California's economy has grown by leaps and bounds.

Stop with your defense of people that have more than you ever will little one. They don't need your help and they sure as hell would never help you.

If you haven't heard it then it's because you're deaf, dumb, AND blind.

Gerard is the most famous example but take a look at Monaco. Guess who lives there? Wealthy Britons, and others, who have left their home country's due to high taxes. If you are wealthy enough you can afford to live wherever the hell you wish. If you're poor or middle class that option isn't open to you so the "tax the rich" schemes invariably get passed down to the middle class because the poor don't have anything to tax. And. yet again, morons like you can't seem to get those facts through your ever so thick skulls.

Gerard Depardieu paying just six per cent tax in adopted Russia since fleeing Francois Hollande's 75 per cent megatax

Read more: Gerard Depardieu paying just six per cent tax in adopted Russia since fleeing Francois Hollande's 75 per cent megatax | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Good then the lower income can take their place. Why do you want the rich, what good are they for you if not to pay taxes. So they can look down their nose at you and use up the natural resources. This is a small tax on personal income over 250 grand and over 500 grand, I doubt they will move. If they do say Good Riddens.

If all they tax is the rich, you may have a point but do you think they will stop if the tax somehow passes the courts? They will soon go after all, they need money and will take what ever they can find and then other cities can follow and it won't just be the rich, it will be everyone.

Yes, the wealthy who don't work for a wage can still live anywhere they want. You can't tax that which they don't make. However, they make money elsewhere and those rates are lower. I actually have friends who are billionaires. They have very smart tax attorneys set things up so they can prosper wherever they are. But, if you pass laws that directly affect them, they will leave. It is as simple as that. They're not dumb.

The rich will find ways to make their active incomes into passive and then the city of Seattle would not be able to touch it, then the city will still need revenue and then go after the middle class because they always wind up paying. The left doesn't get it.

The rich will find ways to make their active incomes into passive and then the city of Seattle would not be able to touch it, then the city will still need revenue and then go after the middle class because they always wind up paying. The left doesn't get it.

What's the taxable income for an individual making $225K?

It's so sad when poor or middle class people think they have to defend the rich.

I defend everyone's right to be free from an overbearing government. Why don't you?

I thought you were all for the power back to the states, this is not the Fed Gov. Soon you guys will be bitching about state gov.
The libs have been trying to get a state income tax passed for along time. We have a sky high sales tax and nobody believes it will go down, that's not what lefties do. The tech industry is what's driving Seattle's economy and they can relocate anywhere. Libs never learn.

I thought you were all for the power back to the states, this is not the Fed Gov. Soon you guys will be bitching about state gov.
The libs have been trying to get a state income tax passed for along time. We have a sky high sales tax and nobody believes it will go down, that's not what lefties do. The tech industry is what's driving Seattle's economy and they can relocate anywhere. Libs never learn.

Yep. They try and do it here too. We have one former progressive politician named Sheila Leslie and that is almost all she harps on. They claim it will "normalize" funding for the government. That doesn't seem to have worked in Cali....

Let allt he productive people leave and these liberals fucking retards wallow in their own making.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...cide-new-income-tax-for-high-income-residents

WOW!! A one-percent net tax increase.
You can't read. It says a 2.35% income tax over 250k. Once an income tax is law it will very likely increase, this is just their way to start the ball rolling.

So that would be a taxable income of $250K?

Let allt he productive people leave and these liberals fucking retards wallow in their own making.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...cide-new-income-tax-for-high-income-residents

WOW!! A one-percent net tax increase.
You can't read. It says a 2.35% income tax over 250k. Once an income tax is law it will very likely increase, this is just their way to start the ball rolling.

So that would be a taxable income of $250K?
Over that, yep. For now....

Forum List

Back