Seattle just passed it's tax on wealthy people

I wonder how long before the city of Seattle will pass on the income tax to all it's citizen. Then the state will work to add the income tax to the rest of it's citizen. That's all they need an open ddoor to start taking more money from it's citizens.

Yes why would anyone expect wealthy people to pay taxes. What a scam.

They pay taxes, they live in Seattle. This is just an end round to the state constitution of no payroll tax. Attack the rich, no one feels bad because it is the rich, they get this through, then they work on everyone else to add revenue.

Why waste time and effort passing a law that state law clearly prohibits?

It's an attempt by the liberals in Washington state to get an income tax. By attacking the rich they believe there will be little resistance and once it becomes legal to tax the rich's income, then they will go after everyone in Seattle and finally the state. Divide and conquer, the left is good at that.

It's so sad when poor or middle class people think they have to defend the rich. You can be sure THEY don't see any value in the reverse of that equation.

It's so sad when poor or middle class people think they have to defend the rich. You can be sure THEY don't see any value in the reverse of that equation.

Not defending the rich cupcake, I know in your limited mind it may seem that way. This whole issue is to introduce an income tax in the state of Washington, which is unconstitutional. You let them go after the rich, you can damn well bet they will go after the poor and middle class, just like all the states that have income tax. This issue has been brought before the liberal voters of the state of Washington and they have shot it down several times. It is despicable how they are trying to side step the voter's wishes. Another government money grab.

It's so sad when poor or middle class people think they have to defend the rich.

I defend everyone's right to be free from an overbearing government. Why don't you?

I'm secretly Bobba Fett and only care about bounties. And sweet rocket backpacks.

You have outed yourself. If the story was 'they want to tax the rich at 95%' then you could make that argument. That it isn't anywhere near 'oppressive or overbearing' yet you still feel a need to defend the rich is sad. Sorry but it is. 'The rich' don't ever notice when taxes go up on you, unless they are the ones raising the tax rate. And when that happens the only thing they are interested in is how cold the champagne is.

Seattle is the new California.

Wonder why Boeing is doing most of its expansion elsewhere?

The largest manufacturing building is there and I doubt they will move, also I doubt many who work there will be affected except for the higher engineers.

Seattle is the new California.

Wonder why Boeing is doing most of its expansion elsewhere?

The largest manufacturing building is there and I doubt they will move, also I doubt many who work there will be affected except for the higher engineers.

The largest manufacturing building is in Everett, WA, not Seattle, so the tax isn't going to effect them. The engineers are mainly in Renton, with would not be taxed. Most of the ultra rich live in Bellevue, Mercer Island, and other out lying areas, the tax won't effect them either.

Boeing moves its corporate headquarters out of state and they announced in the last couple days their moving 100's of jobs to Mesa, Az.

Forum List

Back