Scriptures that pertain to a place of purgation (Purgatory)

I think the important material in the Bible is for the adults ... the children are given milquetoast, like using a building as an analogue for family as in the OP ... whereas the strong meat is for adults, no one expects a child to fight with Satan for forty days and nights in the wilderness ...
Children can be introduced to Bible basics and consider childhood temptations. Learning to lift these small weights is good preparation for the greater temptations of teens and adults.

theres 2 eternal destinations; heaven and hell, no purgatory.
Catholics say there are 2 destinations also. But yoiu cannot get into Heaven unless you are purged of all your attachment to sin

and that may take more time than you are given on Earth... I'm sure you know people who have died young, people who have died though they seemed to have so much more to do in life..

But i guess you say if they are not ready, it's eternal Hell for them?

in any case the Church Christ founded did not make up Purgatory out of thin air. In the Old T there is talk of praying for the dead (after a battle involving the Maccabees)
and there is Mt 1823 and etc...

but then... Protestants (OK, antiCatholics) only care about the Bible when it can seemingly be used to refute all things Catholic so I am probably, as usual, talking to a wall

+

If an eight-year-old can understand the Bible ... why do you need a priest to explain things to you? ...
figures... u leave out the 20% or so that we cannot readily understand...

sounds like an Alinsky tactic...

Catholics say there are 2 destinations also. But yoiu cannot get into Heaven unless you are purged of all your attachment to sin

and that may take more time than you are given on Earth... I'm sure you know people who have died young, people who have died though they seemed to have so much more to do in life..

But i guess you say if they are not ready, it's eternal Hell for them?

in any case the Church Christ founded did not make up Purgatory out of thin air. In the Old T there is talk of praying for the dead (after a battle involving the Maccabees)
and there is Mt 1823 and etc...

but then... Protestants (OK, antiCatholics) only care about the Bible when it can seemingly be used to refute all things Catholic so I am probably, as usual, talking to a wall

+
ummm, Jesus did that.

Children can be introduced to Bible basics and consider childhood temptations. Learning to lift these small weights is good preparation for the greater temptations of teens and adults.

"Suffer not the little children to come unto me" -- Jesus ...

We're talking about baptizing new born infants ... and why Catholics would have us punish those who refuse ... at some point, we need to choose in order to be among the Chosen ... the above line from Matthew can be interpreted as meaning God doesn't expect all children to be completely "free of sin" nor can we expect them to understand why they have to confess ... if God judges them worthy while sitting on the mercy seat, they go to heaven ... Catholics have no control over that ...

What madness sends little children to eternal punishment for sins they don't understand? ...

ETA: Catholics tried to murder all the Anabaptists ... Catholics just couldn't slog their way far enough into North Holland to kill them all ... and now we're spreading, ha ha ha ha ha ha ...

Catholics have no control over that ...
Is anyone arguing that they do? Because the Catholic catechism states while the Bible does not specifically address what happens to the unbaptized (children or adults) Catholic teaching is that they are all in the hands of a merciful and loving God.

What madness sends little children to eternal punishment for sins they don't understand?
Who is coming up with the madness that little children go to eternal punishment? (Not Catholics, so whose brainchild is this?)

now we're spreading
Good for you. Please don't spread lies about the Catholic faith. Seriously. Anabaptists must have their own message to share. Perhaps concentrate on that message rather than what you do not know about the Catholic faith. You must think your message is worthy? So let's hear that message.

Good for you. Please don't spread lies about the Catholic faith. Seriously. Anabaptists must have their own message to share. Perhaps concentrate on that message rather than what you do not know about the Catholic faith. You must think your message is worthy? So let's hear that message.

The Anabasptist message is the the Roman Catholic Church is the Anti-Christ ... same as most of Her harlot daughters ...

You didn't answer my question ... you're just criticizing that I should ask ... why infantile baptism? ...

You didn't answer my question ... you're just criticizing that I should ask ... why infantile baptism? ...
I did answer your question. Post #20...Here, I have copied it again...

Didn't know I have been demanding it. I do favor it. Baptism is a Sacrament of Initiation into a community and into a way of life. Beyond that, we receive the Holy Spirit and enter into our destiny of priest, prophet, king. It is who we are, who we will become, who we will be, both as an individual and as a member of the community of the Body of Christ.
The Anabasptist message is the the Roman Catholic Church is the Anti-Christ ... same as most of Her harlot daughters ...
So your message is atheism?

ummm, Jesus did that.
no, Jesus does not do OUR part... "Work out your salvation with fear and trembling" it says in Phil 2:12

you can believe u don't have anything to work out all you want... The Bible says otherwise, the Church Christ founded says otherwise..

my observations of protestant (and even Catholic) Christians, self included tells me OTHERWISE!!!!!!!!!!

no, Jesus does not do OUR part... "Work out your salvation with fear and trembling" it says in Phil 2:12

you can believe u don't have anything to work out all you want... The Bible says otherwise, the Church Christ founded says otherwise..

my observations of protestant (and even Catholic) Christians, self included tells me OTHERWISE!!!!!!!!!!
can you tell me what verses say anything about purgatory?

can you tell me what verses say anything about purgatory?
i have... but u either read them and didn't give a rip

or... well, probably that one...

99% of ordinary people do NOT know the Bible... they THINK they do ... but you have to be a serious scholar to understand esp the Old T

and Jesus never once said we have to throw that out...

99% of ordinary people do NOT know the Bible... they THINK they do ... but you have to be a serious scholar to understand esp the Old T

"The blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin. If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Heaven is not a reward for doing good deeds but a gift to us because of what Christ did. To see it any other way is to miss the very reason Christ died. He purchased for us something we could never do on our own even if we live a million years and do good works it still would not be enough.

Rom.8:1, "There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Purgatory is condemnation . As believers we are judged for our conduct and work in relation to rewards not to our destination. Because salvation is a gift that has already been settled.

waiting for one verse that proves purgatory.
I am fine with you waiting. Look intently, but you shall not see. (Isaiah) Therefore, move on because if you cannot see it in scripture on your own, you certainly will not see it even when someone points to it.

Forum List

Back